The Lucio emote is against Lucio’s nature

They didnt force me to do anything. They didnt hold a gun to my head and force me to buy it. I bought the all access pass on my own free will. I love OWL personally.

1 Like

There are 2 skins you cant get unless you went to the coresponding blizzcon. Thats ok though right?

The Diablo 3 auction house was a cash grab i remember that. and I never forgot. but now we have to fork out 30$ for a Emote? Blizzard is testing the waters again.

What will people pay to get an emote outside the game? It’s not like Oni Genji or Officer D’va where we actually had a chance to earn it.

1 Like

Considering the season is almost over and very little value would come from it i doubt anyone is gonna buy it.

Plenty will buy it. People with money problems will buy it. Blizzard wouldn’t be releasing it if people weren’t going to buy it, and the next pass as well for fear of missing out. Fandom psychology is well documented.

This will be a trend I fear will have great consequences in the future.

Oh well had the pass for awhile before all these skins and emotes and what not.

If you don’t want to pay that much for the emote, then don’t buy it.

1 Like

I hate these stupid shills are like “hur it’s just an emote”. They’re missing the point. This is SUCH a greedy, money-grubbing move. There’s “being a business”, then there’s pulling off a slimy gambit like this in a desperate bid to make their garbage league relevant.

This situation can’t be compared to Pink Mercy. That was a charity donation. The Lucio emote? It’s just a greedy move. Having some very ugly and flat gray skins behind a battle pass? Fine, whatever. But something as detailed and full of character as an emote? That’s disgusting. You don’t do this to your player-base.

2 Likes

It’s like people who shop at Hot Topic and thinking they are so edgy and anti-capitalism…when Hot Topic is a basic chain store and is related to “the Gap” …lol

1 Like

Let me told you.
You can make whatever to sell, if you do it right, you will ALWAYS find some idiot to buy it.
That how the world work :slight_smile:

1 Like

More like a slap in the face to those who have no interest in OWL, as the only way to get the NON-OWL THEMED ITEM is to pay 30 FREAKING DOLLARS to get all the other OWL stuff as well, since you’re not able to get the emote on it’s own for cheaper.

1 Like

Difference is, those skins are CLEARLY BLIZZCON THEMED ITEMS.

This emote? Not OWL themed at all, yet is locked behind a 30 dollar paywall for the OWL pass regardless. Which is NOT okay.

1 Like

Plz stop. It’s one cosmetic and the season pass comes with TONS of cosmetics not just one lol. I don’t even spend my credits on emotes. I only get skins

1 Like

The season pass is supposed to be for OWL items. This is NOT an OWL item, yet is locked behind the paywall regardless.

Have no interest in OWL? TOO BAD. If you want the NON-OWL item, you have to buy everything else you DON’T want along with it

3 Likes

That’s true about the government part but that’s now how it should be, however people can change that.

Business is out to make money. If you don’t like the business or what they do then you have the freedom to go somewhere else, well in most cases. That’s how you vote for or against a business.

If they edited the emote to have the OWL logo on the turn table would that make everything better?

Sure. That would then actually make it OWL themed. It’d make the cash grab even more obvious then if they were to do that, as it’d be obvious that it’d just be them simply trying to remove the reasoning people have to argue against it, but it WOULD make it actually OWL themed and justifiably tied to the OWL pass.

They’re not really making people do anything.

They do this all the time. Look at McCree, they seem to act like he’s some kind of heroic rebel. But his entire gimmick is stunning his opponents with a flashbang (the equivalent of throwing dirt in their eyes) and then empties every bullet in his gun into them while they stand completely helpless. That’s not the actions of a hero. That’s a cold-hearted villain’s behavior. McCree is the most evil character in this game.

3 Likes