The Leader of Null Sector

For those who don’t know, the omnic introduced at the end of the Storm Rising cinematic is the leader of Null Sector, the terrorist organisation we fought against in Uprising. This was confirmed by Jeff Kaplan on stream at Blizzard HQ (I think it was Ohnickel’s stream).

This was something I’ve been waiting for a long time, I was always interested in learning more about Null Sector so being introduced to the leader of Null Sector is something I was really excited about. I hope Blizzard expands more on this introduction or makes this omnic a playable hero in future.

Edit: Apparently, it wasn’t confirmed on ohnickel’s stream that the omnic was the leader of Null Sector, I apologise if I misinformed anyone on this thread.

So, basically, Null Sector and Talon are now one thing? Because in the ending of Storm Rising, we see Doomfist and, according to Jeff, the Null Sector leader were discussing something.

Also, it’s pretty interesting that the leader of Null Sector is an Omnic himself.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t he be? Null Sector are an Omnic terrorist organisation that kill humans because of how Omnics were treated. Why would a human be at the head of that?

1 Like

I watched the whole stream and I dont remember hearing this at all, all he said is he’s an omnic that played an important role.

I dont doubt he’s the null sector leader but idk about the “confirmed” part

6 Likes

It’s a straight-up lie to say Jeff Kaplan confirmed this on a stream. I listened to the stream in question and he did not say that at all.

However, the dude is definitely Null Sector based on the evidence we have.

5 Likes

That explains the purple jaw.

Can you link a source to that? I watched the stream and he never said anything like that.

Its unconfirmed. Just speculation based on his colour scheme, Doomfist’s speech, and the newspapers in Havana. It is very likely, and is the current common consensus for his identity, but it is still technically speculation.

1 Like

I hope you are ready to wait a year and a half for that…

I know its slow, but that’s an over exageration. Best case, we will learn more about it with hero 31. Worst case, we have to wait until Archives 2020. Something about him could also pop up along the while too.

1 Like

Also new comics are in production, so its likely we’ll learn something before the end of the year.

Idk guys. It keeps me all the night.

As soon as I saw him I immediately knew he was the leader of null sector because of one simple reason

He’s purple

With Echo it’s already going to be half a year.

My hopes for another Omnic character in the game has increased… you have no idea how long I wanted to have an evil Omnic in the Hero Roster…

And no, Maximilien doesn’t count.

The point I think people are overlooking: Mercy tells Max she wants “an introduction.” He asks “Whom do you wish to meet?” And then we hard cut to Doomfist.

My theory is, whoever the omnic is pretending to be (or human in an omnic disguise, as some have speculated), he is an undercover Overwatch/Blackwatch operative attempting to infiltrate Talon – having gotten there due to Max’s “introduction.”

(Of course, Max could certainly have pulled a double-cross and Doomfist knows, or learns, that the character is an infiltrator – or the character might have decided to have swapped sides later; or been brainwashed/reprogrammed. So he could still be a villainous character if/when we see him in game.)

Jeff confirmed on Stream it is an Omnic, not a human.

I also take it that the introduction was Doomfist Origin Story, rather than that. The transition made it seem more like a “This is happening at the same time” kind of deal, than a delay.