The latest patch notes have convinced me that some of you dont know what a sniper is

No, it really doesn’t. Mine has the same trigger range on Invis Sombra as any other character in game.

You are really good at being funny.

Its funny cause Hanzo has almost everyone of those drawbacks and widow has none. if they gave widow crosshair shake after firing a powered up shot that could be a decent start and with soldiers recent changes we see theyre starting to value large changes again so they could do that on an expiremental card or something.

She is the most op hero in high ranks, by far.
This nerf is really deserved. And people wanted the same hp as Tracer, well she will have a little bit more.

But I wonder if she will be viable in low ranks and console…

As a former Orisa main I can’t imagine what that would feel like :rofl:

I was in a match on experimental with a incredible widowmaker with a golden gun and she absolutely wiped the floor with us. (of course we still won cuz the rest of her team were terrible) but thats not my point. The point is, widowmaker is still a beast at long range combat.

Oh you mean the same gun that does 65-130dps compared to Mcrees 70-140dps. Granted Windows has a bit of spread but neither would anyone want to fight widow at a distance either and characters like Winston dva and reaper have big hit boxes.

Come on, man. Anyone’s who has ever dueled a Widow at close range with her SMG knows it’s hilarious garbage. Hell, the really problematic Widows don’t even use it, they somehow headshot you with the scoped shot at close range even if you dodge.

1 Like

Idk how you justify it as garbage when it does only 5-10 less dps than Mcree who can’t even scope and is not a sniper. It wouldn’t matter if the Widows you know of suck with it, statistically it’s dps is still pretty good for a sniper. As for your second point of close range sniping, I’ve also seen that done but now I’m confused if your arguing for widow,against her, or no side at all.

1 Like
  • :warning:= sniper penalty
  • :white_check_mark: = yes / has
  • :x: = no / does not have
  • :question: = exceptions
OW CS TF COD Halo Destiny Battle Royales EA Games
hitscan :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark::question: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :x: :x:
bullet dropoff⚠️ :x: :x: :x: :x::question: :x: :x: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
aim punch :warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
fall punch⚠️ :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
recoil⚠️ :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
sway & hold breath :warning: :x: :x: :x: :white_check_mark: :x: :x: :question: :white_check_mark:
blurred scope⚠️ :x: :white_check_mark::question: :x: :x: :x: :x: :x: :white_check_mark:
midair inaccuracy⚠️ :x: :white_check_mark::question: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :x: :question: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
jumpscope :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
scopejump :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
re-center :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark::question: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
no scope :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
quickscope :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
1 tap sidearm :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :x: :white_check_mark: :x: :x:
player move acceleration :x::warning: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
2 Likes

Funny how you forgot flinching, and not being mobile in that list which most those have besides OW. Lets add huge hitbox category as well and give a big check for OW. This list also leaves out some of the sniping games that do share the harder sniping mechanics like planetside 2 and battlefield. Anyone can post a skewed data table leaving out categories and games to prove a point

1 Like

More than that, they are assuming that all of the issues are the same weighting, and they are missing “generous head hitbox”, which makes sniping in OW a lot easier.

1 Like

flinching is aim punch

Overwatch doesnt have that ans its checked…

in which case aim punching on the chart is wrong. Since widow doesn’t flinch to any reasonable degree.

Like, other games have her flinching a lot, and overwatch it is the tinest bob.

Shouldn’t be ticked.

She CAN also quickscope for all the good it does her :slight_smile: - I can see why it is unchecked :slight_smile:

She also recenters.

Critbox sizes are not the full picture comparative to hitbox deviation in anim cycles or across character selection.

Someone who leans in their animations will be invariably harder to hit than someone who stands upright all the time, even if headshot hitboxes are larger on the leaning character.

Strongsiding exists in both Overwatch and other games as well.

Even if it exists in other games the bigger hit boxes make it easier… what’s the point of bringing up other games with smaller hit boxes. Character model doesnt. equal hit box. Basically widow has 3 huge advantages over all those games listed. Generous hit box, Being mobile, and actual aim punch.

https://gfycat.com/pointlessresponsiblegrayreefshark

She does have aim punch, and any amount of aim punch in Overwatch is more devastating than in other games because Overwatch is one of the ONLY games that does not honor last-known aiming vectors, nor does it resend packets upon reconnection during packet loss. Both aim punch and bobbing affect aiming vectors, they aren’t just cosmetic like in other games.

Small bobs can contribute to misprediction online during packet loss – this was explained in the Widow bug megathread, and is substantial.

I won’t argue with you because you’re convinced your right, but also because I have had substantive proof for years for this.

It favors the shooter. If she clicks on their head they go down.

And she recenters.

And her bob is TINY.

And lack of mid air inaccuracy is an advantage.

Ammo limit is also conspicuously missing.

Like, good effort but, like, this isn’t going to convince anyway, because it is obviously missing a lot, and miss representing what it does have.

You also miss that a lot of people who are complaining HAVE PLAYED snipers in other games, so they have a pretty fair idea of how she compares difficulty wise.

You’re not educated on this issue, I see…

See below link, issue #1

I’m not arguing with you any further on this.