The Jetpack Cat

Hi,
This is my 1st post on the forums,
Was the concept of a jetpack cat abandoned? As a cat-fox I feel very disappointed and sort of sad. There is a hamster (I love hamsters), already.

Summary

Idk, if I should post about this but; I wrote numerous papers about cats and their role in WoW during my BA so it’s sort of Okay, but please don’t forget about adding a cat to Overwatch that’d be a role model for everyone, even if it couldn’t be done that easily.

Sincerely,
the pink cat poster

1 Like

Jetpack cat wont be added to the game because the concept of a cute animal that uses technology to fight has already been used for Wrecking Ball.

4 Likes

hammond isnt cute, he’s a rodent. I want jetpack cat

As an ermine made of marshmallow, I second this motion.

don’t be so stupid! you can never have to much cuteness!!!
Or to much technology!

I DEMAND JETPACK CAT!!! GIVE USE JETPACK CAT!!! MORE CUTENESS!!!

Hello, Jetpack Cat was never meant to be an actual hero and they took the concept of it and buffed Brigs story, Jetpack Cat is actually Brigs cat that she did some engineering work on.

This is shown most prominently on her “raketbalte” spray.

4 Likes

Good o’l Jetpack Cat! The community would lose their mind in the best way if Blizzard pulled this off.

My only gripe (and one that I imagine the devs have) is that it’d be really hard/unfair trying to hit the tiny hitbox of a cat zooming around with a jetpack.

Disagree. Hammond is not cute.

gotta love how people love Jetpack cat but when Hammond came out he was “too weird” and “didn’t fit” into the game!

I’d honestly rather have a playable chicken

1 Like

Opinions are subjective.

Hearing how Jeff gets upset when people ask him if Jetpack cat is the next hero, I guess you’ll have better luck on asking for a skin for Pharah or Winston in a cat pajama.

They could even give them a spawnroom voice line like this:(yawn) “sorry guys, I got ready as fast as I could.”

1 Like

We might see Jetpack Cat in future comics, animated shorts, etc., but I think I heard from the Overwatch Team that there was
no chance that Jetpack Cat will ever be a hero.

2 Likes

Of course. I was merely sharing mine :stuck_out_tongue:

That’d be an appropriation of cat-things.
But that’s okay, maybe in Overwatch 2.

I like Hammond, I even have a hamster (called no.5), but I’m a c@ not a hamster.

2 Likes

I think most love him now but back when he came out people where complaining how he is in the game but not Jetpack cat (Hammond is obviously better)

Second Overwatch Project. Its very very very unlikely to be a sequel. Its more likely a spinoff or expansion to the game, focused on something other than PvP FPS action. PvE spinoff? Different genre? Don’t know. But with consistent hero, map, and feature releases (most recently and notably, role queue), I can’t imagine they would suddenly drop a sequel now of all time.

If you want a true Overwatch 2, you’ll probably need to wait for the next console generation first.

Let just give jet pack cat a passive that cat can’t be hurt by the female cast …

splish splash your opion is trash

Please don’t bump dead threads just to say someone’s opinion is trash.

That being said, like Jetpack Cat or not, he’s said to be the only hero that is officially off the table. You can redirect your love towards someone like Mama Hong or McCloud instead.

learn to spell before you come at me :kiss:

1 Like