The idea of buffing Sombra was good, but perhaps she got too many buffs

McCree is out when he get’s hacked? What level are you playing at?

I’m a Sombra main and I almost never hack McCree because it’s pointless - I will simply give off my position by doing so and he will 2 shot me down… The only case I may hack him is when he clearly goes for a bs, 100% relaying on his flash bang (probably out of position too) support kill, because I may prevent the disadvantageous trade.

In my opinion Sombra is right now in the same place where Pharah was. She never got nerfed, people just started to use their brains and learned how to play against her.

That’s the whole point of my post, I said that these were individually FINE, but she might not need to get all of them

1. Sombra’s priority should be the supports, NOT the tanks. You’re just giving the enemy supports ult charge by peeling their tanks.
  2. She jumped a bunch in pickrate percentage when the changes hit live servers because everyone thought she’d be OP. Her pickrate dropped a few days later after people realized she’s not as strong as we thought she’d be.
  3. I see her maybe 1/4 games in my Masters games and I barely see her in my Gold games on PC. The fact that she’s in games now is a good sign, not a bad sign. If she gets to the levels of pre-nerf Mercy pickrate then we can talk about toning her down, but that isn’t the case and doesn’t seem like it WILL be the case.
1 Like

Just because one character is strong does not mean they should have highest pick rate. Widow can be a game changer if the person playing it can line up headshots. But not everyone with good mechanical skills play her (some prefer gengi or tracer), although each hero can be a game changer in a way. The reason Sombra will always be picked less compared to other heroes is because of her play style. You can’t dash in like with gengi or tracer and get kills and dash out. You can take high ground like with soldier or Mccree and line up those clutch headshots and change the outcome of the fight.
But, Sombra right now still completely changes the outcome of every fight. She indeed needed some buffs to her spread etc. to make her a better damage dealer and let play a role in every team fight. Now with the spread reduce, hack time buff, translocator buffs etc (and dont forget that although her EMP doesnt charge as fast, her gun buff and hack buff still help her charge it fast, just not by camping hacked packs anymore). She can cancel almost every ult in the roster in under a second to cancel there ult (and although this was possible before its almost impossible to stop now compared to before).
She’s strong in quick play and all but playing her in comp and communicating with the team just unleashes her full potential and having played with some really good Sombras in diamond, its only time till Blizzard realizes her potential and tune her back a little bit.

If you want to have a discussion well it’s failed, you have to support your points and explain why you think that way, you cannot just say something like

cause I could just say well she had pretty damage before her buffs, but there would be no point in that because there would be no discussion

The only tank that shouldn’t be priority for hack is orisa. Every other tank is as good as dead when hacked.

These were individually fine to keep her underpowered, but since she got all of then, she’s finally viable.

And I should have a problem with her due to the heroes I play, but I still don’t.

Her average damage is still lower than almost any tank

Well, agree to disagree i guess. Most Sombra players i’ve seen talking about it say that her hack was not in a good place.

I play Soldier and i don’t have much trouble with Sombra, at least not to call her OP. If she hacks me i turn around and mow her down to death or until she teleports out, and if i don’t manage that and she does kill me it’s more because i missed my shots. Same for McCree.

Hmm no man, just no lol.

Well, its a matter of opinion as usual, personally i don’t find her OP at all, she just doesn’t suck anymore thats it, i think its more about people not wanting to deal with her than she actually being OP.

1 Like

I main Roadhog and D.Va. I see no problem with Sombra.

I think it’s pretty difficult to argue that our mains are powerful I am a Roadhog main and I was getting really mad when people said he was OP before his nerf. To get back to your point, it’s really cool that you avoid the McCree to not get stunned, but my point is that you could get actually killed if your positionning was bad

1. So you’re saying it takes skill to play a good Sombra and impact matches, but then you say she’s OP and needs nerfed? If that’s the case we better nerf Widow, Genji, Tracer, Doomfist, and Hanzo. They can completely carry and change matches based on their skill.
  2. As a Masters Sombra main who has been consistently playing her this season in competitive, that’s not true at all. She requires a lot of teamwork and coordination still, she’s very team dependent. So if your team is highly coordinated and takes advantage of your hacks, then yes she CAN change the outcome of every fight, but stating that she does in general is false.
  3. Why nerf a hero because players are very skilled with the character? This reminds me of when Bungie nerfed an exotic weapon in Destiny called The Last Word that was a skillshot weapon that could two headshot kill an enemy when firing from the hip. They nerfed the weapon because players got ‘too skillful’ with it, which is a stupid reason to nerf ANYTHING.

I don’t understand why people have to scream for nerfs all the time. You have D.Va, Genji, Tracer, Moira, and now Sombra being witch hunted. Not one hero in the game atm NEEDS a nerf, especially not a hero who still has one of the lowest pickrates and a mediocre winrate.

1 Like

So, the heroes ranked by DPS are:
Sombra: 106
McCree: 93

As a Zarya/Tracer main, prior to these buffs, I would get hacked by a Sombra maybe once or twice a week. I’m not even kidding. Now it happens once or twice per game. I don’t see anything wrong with that since that’s her role, to hack and go incognito.

The only thing I would probably change is the duration of the hack, make it a little shorter. Other than that I think Sombra is in a much better place now.

1 Like

What are you talking about? What are those numbers?

1 Like

It’s crazy right? I don’t know, but I think you answered your own question. All she did before was the right stuff, but she didn’t have any real impact due to the lack of fine tuning her kit suffered of. Now she does great, because she is where is supposed to be at, doing a great job! :slight_smile:

If I hack him and my positioning was bad, then I’ll probably die first - not him.

Now tell me where is any value of that hack? Followed, how is it op then? And shouldn’t good positioning be awarded?

1 Like

The number a damage per second for these heroes since you think Sombra was completely unuseful

Underpowered, not "unuseful"
And where did you get these from? That’s not what the wiki says, if you are talking about damage potential. And overbuff shows only Mei (filtering by dps) doing less damage than her.

I prefer to play old Sombra over new Sombra, I liked it a lot more. Will I stop playing Sombra? No. Do I think she’s overpowered. I think she is a little too strong. The only thing I could see would be a hack speed revert.