The GOATS changes

This probably has already been discussed but it’s something I’ve been thinking about. All the changes they did because of GOATS shouldn’t they be reversed now 222 is in place? Just look at Reaper and Brigitte, one is completely overpowered and one is nearly unplayable. This goes for heroes such as: Reaper, McCree, Brigitte and D.Va.

6 Likes

Honestly, I thought that they would start to look back on all those changes to kill GOATS, because I thought 2-2-2 would help them balance easier and quicker, but maybe it’s still a difficult task and need more time.

I don’t know. I’m enjoying being able to pick Reaper and actually do stuff, so I’ll milk this time for all its worth.

1 Like

I thought the same and maybe it will take time. Time will tell.

1 Like

Reaper is not OP and is only viable because Sigma and Orisa help him overcome his largest weakness (gap closing).

Tanks are still the most powerful role in yhe game and the biggest determinant as to whether you win or lose.

1 Like

I know. But even then Brigitte got nerfed and it’s extremely weak. She was nerfed because of GOATS and Reaper was buffed because of GOATS. It seems more fair to me now 222 is here that they get reveresed, Reaper will still be meta, just more counterable.

Sadly, the devs have explicitly stated that all changes that happened during GOATs were intended for 2-2-2 and will most likely not be reverted.

2 Likes

I’m also not saying I want old Brig back. As a Tracer player that would be a nightmare.

Armor nerf should have been reverted even before stage 3.

DM range and/or CD needs to be gone.

Reaper needs adjustments as well.

1 Like

Brigitte isn’t unplayable she just requires skill now lol. She might need slight tuning but she’s very playable

2 Likes

Yes, but Reaper right now is only viable because of double barrier, the moment that meta passes he becomes trash tier; you don’t nerf the symptom of the meta, you nerf the problem.

The problem was and continues to be Orisa/Sigma. Combined they lock out too many heroes.

No, they have stated not all of the changes were made for 3-3.

Meaning some of them were and should be reverted.

Did you not read the quote?

Did you?

“For some transparency, we’ve known for awhile that we would be moving to a 2-2-2 format (it required a long time to implement) and not all changes over the last year were directly targeted at affecting the 3-3 GOATS meta (eg. Soldier, McCree, Junkrat buffs).”

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they will be reverted

To kind of add onto that quote, here’s more of it that mentions that there were changes directed at GOATS.

So there were some changes directed at GOATS. And it’d make sense to revert those since GOATS can’t be run anymore. And they said it is unlikely that all changes over the past year would be reverted. He never ruled out that some may be reverted.

1 Like

How about we don’t try to slide even further towards tanks being too strong.

For someone named after a philosopher, you are very bad at basic logic.

1 Like

Insults? Already?

It’s completely logical to assume that the changes will most likely not be reverted. It is the OW devs we are talking about after all

the nerfs were absolutely needed, tanks have been overpowered from the start of the game

in fact, mistakes were made in recently buffing dva and winston and hog

they were supposed to just meganerf orisa and small nerf sigma and then tanks would be balanced

1 Like

You picked the name, not me.

Live up to it.