The game reset my progress on season 17

I have not done a single lucio ball comp game and still have the issue, so I don’t think it’s related.

2 Likes

At first I suspected Lucio Ball comp as well. :confused:
I thought of two things in my case: before my progress was lost, I played 1 Lucio Ball comp game and I played all of my comp matches with my fiance.

I don’t think it is the Lucio Ball comp. I got my rank reset right after the update. I have 1 game of Lucio Ball too but I saw my SR got deleted BEFORE that. The only thing that seems to connect is that most people here grouped up during placements on season 17 before the update.

same here. rank gone, after playing a ranking game 1/10 i can see my stats for Season 17. But just played games and statistics. The rank is somehow gone.

1 Like

Same thing happend to me yesterday. During day i had my rank and later that evening it was gone with 0/10 placements done. Stats and account lvls are still there but not the actual rank for s17. When i did ticket about it they were kinda rude+said just to post on the forum. I saw some thinking it was connected to lucio ball but i have not played that. I did my games in duo and my friend did not have his rank reset. My other accounts have not had it reset either.

2 Likes

So… more than 5 days and the issue was not resolved?
I just log in and my competitve progression was gone…

4 Likes

I’m just frustrated on how blizzard is handling this issue, like almost 20 players and more are having this problem and growing. I really wounder if they are ACTUALLY aware of this problem or not . If they are, i really hope they fix it before the season ends.

2 Likes

I spend money frequently on this game but if I encounter a problem this severe I expect it to be fixed. I may not have played much this season but there are folks out there who may have put in 24+ hours on comp already and possibly climbed far only to have it erased. It is my understanding that peoples time should be respected when you are selling them a product. If it is not respected expect the consumer to take their money and time elsewhere… I don’t mean to be rude but if we aren’t helped I might not spend anymore money on loot boxes like I do already in every single event. If my problems are not important then I can take my business elsewhere, uninstall, and play something else. I do not have the luxury of time to redo my placements whenever I like. I need to plan and make time for it when I’m in the mood after work if I’m not tired or on my off days if I have no social life on those particular days. Unless Blizzard themselves can be contacted no kind of advice will help. There is nothing us gamers can do but to report what we have found and show how frustrating a game breaking bug like this is. We must be given the SR and comp points we deserve before the end of the season.

4 Likes

They should at least tell us they don’t have the time / resources for this.
I play WoW for 10+ years now, bought OW loot boxes so I think my money given to Blizzard earned at least that much. But it seems I’m wrong… :frowning:

2 Likes

Update: after I went in and do 2 placement matches again, my stats now show the correct amount of each hero’s play time in season 17 BEFORE the SR loss. The only thing missing is my SR number. Looks like the game still kept track of my games but somehow decided to not show my SR number.

I still believe that they have completely reset the SR of the season though.
I have done a few placement matches now.
Despite climbing quite a bit this season prior to the bug, I am still getting in games of the same SR of last season.
I’m scared to finish my placements (again) for fear of it erasing my previous rank completely.

Well, this is completely speculation on my part, but my best guess is that played matches are stored in a list-like structure and the SR is a single number stored separately.
If they restore the list from logs, backup or whatever, the SR won’t be changed. Unless of course, if the matches in the list have the value the outcome of the match changed our SR. (+15, -20, +18, so on…).

Based on your description, they have the simpler implementation (which is not bad imo), so if they don’t change our SR number manually, it won’t be recalculated.

Okay, yeah,

Finished my placements and my rank is where it would have been had I played those 10 games normally.

I know it sucks but at least we know that our progress hasn’t been completely wiped now.

So if you have time, play those 10 games like you would normally and you’ll (hopefully) get a similar rank back!

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Really just want my sr back this was first time I’ve reach this high in sr. Played really hard for that to just be wipe

i’m having the same issue as well. I had 6/10 placements after the update, closed my game and then it was 0/10. i played 4 matches to see if it would work but it didnt. however it did show my previous play times before it reset so im guessing the data is still there but the placements got reset.

People are losing their rank after the reaper skin event switched over to mei. So you may want to wait to do your placements again until after the last switch. I for one don’t want to do them even more than twice…

1 Like

Lost CR !!! I calibrated in season 17 for 8 wins and 2 losses with a score of 2610. After that I didn’t play the competetive, only QP. I go into the game today, and I have a calibration of 0/10 played games. I “LOVE” OVERWATCH

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Just logged in today and had no placements completed and no rank. All my current season character playtime and stats are still recorded.

1 Like

Yeah I’m having the same issue, Myst. It is definitely a season 17 bug.

I had done all ten placements, with a season high of 2549, and my current rating sat at 2525. They’re both gone now… my rating and all my placement matches. This is affecting a lot of people.

1 Like

I had the same problem. All progress for the season was lost after the update and I had to do all of the placement matches over again. Everything was gone, It sucked. But the bigger issue for me is the group finder for comp wasn’t working and still isn’t working. Solo que is just asking to lose. This ruins the game for me. Please, for the love of God, fix this. At least keep us updated with some kind of in game message or a twitter post here and there.