The game reset my progress on season 17

Will the bug be fixed in the server maintenance ?

That would make sense, I basically did my lucio ball placements as soon as the update went live. So it seemed like the update reset my progress but it was lucio ball instead then. In the forum I see many problems with comp lucio ball, this update really has some annoying bugs in it.

1 Like

it is weird, i have the same problem but never did comp lucio ball. but i did play a game of normal lucio ball the day of the update.

As mentioned, a bug like this probably happened when they manually changed the end date to season 17. As such, the best option to workaround is to just keep playing games and just forget about the lost games. Annoying? Yes. But it is very likely nothing can be done about this, unless Blizzard addresses it.

Remember that skill rating is not a currency, merely a public representation of your matchmaking rating. It will always go up and down as you continue to play. Yeah it sucks to lose matches of the record, but it’s not game breaking by any means. As a reminder as a forum MVP, my goal is to provide the best possible solutions based on what I know of any given technical issue or bug, and I do not represent Blizzard. I know this is not what many of you want to hear, but unless Blizzard themselves addresses the situation, this is a bug that likely won’t be fixed but from what I am observing, won’t likely happen again.

Uhm, what??? Of course. If they do nothing, nothing will happen. Thanks for the info. You really are an MVP.

We expect them to restore the lost progress. They have logs, etc. Anyone with the smallest knowledge in software KNOWS this can be solved.

Please, with all due respect, if all you can do is smalltalk, stop it, it’s not helping.

4 Likes

Dude, i played 33 games before the reset. And the stats for those games are there, my frozen profile shows my sr from before tuesday. All the information is literally there but the numbers that show I not only did my placements but actually met a goal i set for myself isn’t there. You being condescending isn’t helping at all, and thats all that mvps have been during this issue.

5 Likes

hallo folks, just doing my part and sayin this is a problem om mine as well, was placed plat and when i got into the game after the patch i was in my placement matches, kinda boring and made me kinda uppset, So just solve this anytime soon blizzard. TY!

2 Likes

I am officially more useful than others orz, but i have some news, blizzard customer service said that the overwatch team is looking into the issue! I can not link it but my twitter is @faetyl12 and you should be able to find my recent tweets to them.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t blizzard adress this? It’s maybe not game breaking in terms of “not being ABLE to play” but having the stats reset completely is like having never played the season at all, just like you wouldn’t be able to if there was a “game breaking” bug. It is highly demotivating to come back to the game to see that it didn’t even matter what you did before and how much work you’ve put into it already. Saying “just keep playing games” is such a bad answer to this problem. Of course the game is just a game and there is no real currency or reward outside of the game, but that doesn’t mean that it’s okay to just not care if people are upset about such a big thing. Maybe not big in terms of “malfunctioning code” or “server issues” but big in terms of player motivation, which blizzard should take quite a lot more serious than they do now. Even saying “we don’t have the time or resources to fix it now” or “it can’t be fixed, the records are broken, we are sorry, you have to do your placements again” would be fine as it would show some recognition to the problems of the players and would show the players that they at least noticed and that it hopefully will never happen again.

3 Likes

I think you mean this tweet from Support Agent Kalviery,

They may or may not. It would not be the first time something like this has happened and sometimes data was just lost for some players. I don’t remember the exact details as it’s been years ago. Again, the idea of bugs is to fix them so that they don’t happen again. Maybe Blizzard can retrieve the lost data and restore it, but just be prepared that they may not.

1 Like

I think it would be even more important to look into this then if something like this happened a few years ago and now happened again. That tells me I can expect to loose my data again and again because they won’t even look into it and just accept that this happenes sometimes. A short statement on the situation would be fine, as I said. People just don’t like to be ignored, which is why the mood isn’t too good.

1 Like

To clarify, that situation was likely different from the cause. In this instance, I started seeing these reports AFTER Blizzard changed the end date for Season 17 to about 20 days earlier (to prepare for the role queue beta season). I think that is where the problem occurred. Yes, of course, anything can happen in the future where game data for a player can be deleted, altered, or lost when any sort of bug occurs. I hope that never happens, but no one can ever assume an issue like this will ever be absolutely fixed and prevented from happening again.

Remember the bug report forum typically does not get direct responses from Blizzard (they usually take the data and make any necessary corrections which will get patched). As a forum MVP, I am going to do what I can to instruct players on what they can do in the here and now to recover as best as possible. Right now my concern is that some of you are have stopped playing Competitive and have not completed your placement matches. If that is the case, please remember to complete your placement matches by August 13th especially if the lost matches are unable to be reinstated into your overall career profile. Again, its not a pretty solution, but it is the best course of action I will recommend for this instance.

1 Like

Okay. I was aksing myself if I should just wait so the old rank wouldn’t be overwritten by new placement matches or if I should do them again to receive the rewards at the end of the season. Thank you for your opinion on this and thank you for your time.

I am going to assume (be aware that this is my personal speculation) that if they fix it, it will work the data off the old placement matches and any new matches since will be adjusted in. Wait if you wish, but I rather make sure you at least get the things that really do count for something, which is the end-of-season rewards (bonus CP, player icon, spray).

1 Like

Hey, I also have the same issue but I posted it in the wrong board:

I would like to know why this has happened as well as if anyone is able to give me my rank back

I was wondering, if anybody else experienced this problem but it seems like i am not the only one.
Today a friend asked my why i stopped playing this season, just to find my Rank removed (and it was like 100-150 points higher than last seasons). It’s not that i’m angry to play again but it’s more sadness about the lost achievements on the way.
Hope blizzard can fix this somehow or at least admit, that they screwed over some accounts and say there is no help.

2 Likes

Same this also happen to me. I did 5 games and the next day I noticed it being gone. I played it with other friends and their rank was still fine. :thinking:

1 Like

Similar happened with my rank.

1 Like

I have the same issue as well. I’ve already contacted support about it, they told that as GMs there is nothing they can do, only Devs can help in this kind of issues.