The game reset my progress on season 17

After I updated the game for the Summer Games event, my Career Profile no longer show my SR nor my heroes played in the current season 17 anymore. When I click on Play, it shows that my placements is on 0/10 while in fact, I did 12 matches earlier and actually had a SR number on my profile. Season 17 is also the first season I played Winston, for about 1hr in 6 matches. I went and check that stats on “All competitive seasons” tab and it’s still there. 6 matches, 1hr with Winston. Does anyone having the same problem?

17 Likes

Just to make sure you are not confusing with season 16 (check that season for your Winston playtime). Season 17 started only a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

I have the same problem! I played so many games already and now the progress is gone and I’m unranked. I’m not confusing it with season 16, I was ranked in before the summer games update. The current season is also not showing in my career profile.

7 Likes

Yes, I’m 100% sure. I just started to do the season 17 placements literally 2 days before the update, did about 12 matches and 6 of them was Winston. I barely play him in comp in previous seasons because I was a healer main.

Edit: Just some extra info, my friend who duo queued with me for the entire placement matches in season 17 still got his stats intact, and he is confused at my profile too. I cannot emphasise more on how sure I am that I did the placements for season 17 specifically and to no doubt confusing it to season 16.

6 Likes

Yes. I faced with this problem tonight. My 17th season’s progress was reset. 300pts btw. I dropped this buggy game. I cant bear this anymore.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, due to the summer update. i have litteraly played 50 games in season 17, i have some screen of my career before the bug, dated of july 12.

5 Likes

I am having the same problem. I dropped a bunch of hours on this current season already too.

5 Likes

Also having the same Issue - Did my 10 placement matches a few days ago, logged in today and i’ts showing me as having not done them?

5 Likes

I have had the same issue.

3 Likes

I’m also having the same issue, not too happy of a camper here

3 Likes

yeah same, I show up on my friends leaderboards, but the actual comp selection is 0/10 placements

4 Likes

I have the same problem.

I played 3 games and were 3 wins
after the summer games patch I’ve logged in and saw that I have no placements made and all my career 17th season didn’t exist. At first thought that maybe I played on my alt or something but but after I’ve made another 2 games and were 2\10 I look at my profile and i see have 5 wins in this season and all my champions stats are back but placements are 2\10 and not 5\10

Blizzard please help with that matter it sad to throw 3 wins at placements:(

1 Like

An additional information: In the webbrowser I can see my season 17 stats and also my sr and rank. So it’s there but not in the game itself.

2 Likes

Same here. My progress for S17 is lost while my duo partner’s progress is still there.

2 Likes

I just checked. It’s true. My stats on season 17 is still there (SR number and hero time played). Which means this is a display bug and easily reversible. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem to fix.

1 Like

Similar story. Completed my placements on July 12th (almost 2 weeks after the player started, so I’m definitely not looking at Season 16). Was ranked at 2330. Checked today to see that that progress is gone. Checked the overwatch player lookup and a 3rd party tracker to confirm that there is a record of the season. My only consolation is that multiple people are having the same issue, so it should be fixed.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I played ow and ranked plat (~2600) with my friend and now i wanted to play again but i was in ranking match 0/10. right now i have over 5hours gameplay this ranked-season but i am in ranking match 2/10. i asked one from my team and he said it is a bug i dont know what to do, i d like to have my rank back. my profile says that i won 15 games in this season.

1 Like

Several people are having this problem. Do you know if anyone is investigating further on the issue?? Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

I don’t have confirmation if Blizzard is investigating this, but I also do not anticipate any changes will be made on this given the change for Season 17 and the upcoming changes for Role Queue 2-2-2 in August.

My friends that q together,

1 has lost all his S17 progress (visually)
the other 1 has all S17 progress accounted for

And they play at the same time.
No one is asking for any change lmao we need a FIX for this BUG.
This issue should have nothing to do with 2-2-2 since that comes live sept 1st
so pls can you like tag one of the blue guys to look into this?

5 Likes