The Forums are Extra Toxic

I’ll give you that one. Makes sense actually.

1 Like

Everyone hates blizzard because they literally ignore the community on heroes.

Let’s look at mercy who had multiple mega thread shots of suggestions and ideas which was ignored and not to mention they’ve nerfed their ‘successful rework’ for the 11th time.

Let’s look at hanzo, a hero that the community wanted one ability to be removed but they gave us a rework that removed all of his flaws no only now are they nerfing him properly

They keep adding more and more CC into the game when literally everyone doesn’t want more easy kill CC. I mean seriously no one wants to be insta killed but bevause they’re we’re stunned they had 0 chance of even fighting back.

The balance of this game is non existent and the game is littered with bugs 24/7 that affect a heroes performance.

Oh and they list nerfs or hero changes such as Sombra’s translocator being indestructible as bug fixes even though they’ve been in the game since launch or since a hero launched.

The community has no faith because wile mercy dominated blizzard were having a merry sip on some tea while organising owl.

Oh and they’ve pretty much ignored the game while owl has been going on and they bandaid fix everything then take months to fix a broken hero

3 Likes

well let me throw out a few examples that i’ve experience in this game.

“roadhog is flanking”
I honestly believe this was a lie blizzard adopted from low skilled players. They adopted this lie and spread it as truth in their patch notes. And when the nerfs came for him, they didnt even solve the issue of roadhog flanking. They didnt make him walk slower, sound louder. They nerfed his damage so he can spam, and gave him an ability that lets him escape without taking damage. They effectively made roadhog a decent flanker in low rank which is exactly what those players did not even want.

Instead of listening to literally anything. They do whatever they feel like is necessary which is wrong 90% of the time. Because after this nerf, Doomfist comes out, a flanker that would’ve been completely pointless to have cus roadhog would’ve shut him down harder than hanzo’s scatter used to shut down Orisa.
Roadhog would’ve made doomfist a troll pick, and doomfist still is a troll pick most of the time.

Then here comes the Dva nerfs
“Dva keeps fluttering her dm”
ignores her dm cooldown as an option to prevent her from fluttering it anymore and allow playability against her.
“HEY GUISE HERE’S SOME ROCKETS FOR DVA”
literally what are they doing? Its like they’re not even thinking two steps. They say one problem, and then actively refuse to fix it directly. They go through so many dumb channels and directions to try and make sense with what they do.

They’re literally the equivalant of Proffessor E. Gadd from the NiN10Doh animations. Spouting so much crap they think is deep but not really and completely difficult to understand to the point that the community itself barely understands this game and Blizzard’s reasons for half the stuff they do purely because their patch notes are contradictory to what they do in those patch notes and they pass it off as if its fine.

Its completely backwards.

heres a very recent one.

They recently nerfed Zarya and buffed her damage to make sure grav strike ult combo is used less effectively. But yet this also gives zarya potential to get MORE ults than previously. Thus making her nerf to her ults completely pointless and just makes zarya stronger in general and also makes Grav Strikes EVEN MORE COMMON.

I honestly dont know what runs through their heads half the time. One day I think I understand it, next day im like “wait no im wrong, this is it”
Then after that, its “wait no, its something else”.

Its as if the people in charge are making contradictory changes on purpose and honestly believe It’ll make the game better in general.
Or they dont think beyond two seconds.

Its as if two people are in charge of balance.
One for the actual balance, and one for justifying that balance change and both of these people do not talk to each other at all.

I honestly dont even know how to describe this situation because of how awkward it is to try and understand blizzard.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m not your average whiner.
I read your anti- anti-toxicity posts :ok_hand:

I’m not going to pretend that I can claim that Blizz had any idea how to balance this game at first, but they’re getting better at it.
Unless you’re a tank main like me.

2 Likes

and then theres the HOTS Problem.

people made so much connections between Overwatch and HOTs for reasons im not going to point out.

I tried a lot to try and look into this and I found roughly nothing except people saying “do you want XXX back in hots?” and people responding with “no!!”

I’ve tried countlessly to look into this and either the whole situation was bleached from the internet because all of it probably happened in blizzard territory so they can fundamentally bleached that to protect its employees or a lot of people just suddenly jumped on a particular somebody out of nowhere for reasons that are purely untrue and could’ve very easily been shown as untrue.

I honestly dont know what to believe when it comes to THAT situation but like, I believe stuff like that doesnt just come up out of nowhere.

i will say this. If they nerf hammond, this game is as good as dead because they’re not going to get good at balancing the game before any decent Triple A game shooters get released. This game will probably die this year or next year due to triple A shooters being released unless blizzard steps up their balancing game.

yes, i do like playing tanks over everyone else.

2 Likes

Im just trying to fit in.

1 Like

Post memes
No one will notice that you don’t know how to personality if you post enough memes.

That’s how you become frustrating to deal with in threads that actually attempt discussion.

When you’re sitting here expecting a logical response and all they did was post a popcorn meme or something completely unrelated, they’re not helping the discussion and are being off topic as well as derivative to the conversation.

3 Likes

Let’s do a test.

Buff D.va - she’s been over nerfed!

only way to buff dva in my eyes is to revert her back to DM-bot and then give baby dva abilities of her own.
And maybe give dva the ability to get out of mech whenever she wants with ctrl since she cant crouch already while in mech. then just put the interact option F as the way to get back in it, or just keep it on ctrl, whatever works.
And also probably change how she flies out of mech because right now baby dva usually dies 5 seconds after her mech gets killed. This is applicable in platinum and above imo. and probably give dva her dm a two second cooldown so there cant be “fluttering” (possibly optional)

and that is the only way imo, to make Dva unique and fun to play as and against.
it allows baby dva to not be honest to god pointless in most situations. make Dva a gud tanky protectory grill, possibly give her a fusion cannon buff so it works better at mid ranges.

I agree.

But on what merit do you say she’s been overnerfed?

What should they buff?

She needs a bit more strength but nothing further than 1-5 damage point values on something or just maybe 50 more HP or maybe .3 seconds on her DM with a .6 sec longer cooldown?

Idk. Just spitballing here.

1 Like

Positivism is pretty much a shortfall here in the forums.

Many people, including you, and myself have tried:

But people prefer to wallow in the mire of negativism and martyrdom to break out of those cesspools.

Nevertheless, i say, troop on like a Crusader with our blue shields of positivism and banging heads with our hammers of hope!

3 Likes

">not using the superior shrek 2 version

I want my collision damage back, and the shotguns reevaluated. The RNG of the pellet spread is too damn high. It feels like elmer fudd trying to shoot bugs bunny sometimes.

It’s one thing having to lead your shots to deal with ping, but with the rng pellet spread makes life hell sometimes.

I don’t know… so far she’s been doing pretty good all things considered

Honestly, this is a non-issue.

If you don’t like a shotgun hero, don’t play one. It’s pretty simple. I say this to everyone who complains about shotgun spreads or the damage of each pellet. It’s not limited to just dva but extends to roadhog, reaper, torb, as well as Doomfist in some scenarios.

1 Like

Those peeps don’t need memes to post angry gibberish, memes are faster to read than whatever unproductive mess they would have posted instead.

This has been addressed, short answer:
I’m bound by the laws of synth

They’re equally unproductive which is against CoC tbh.

I’m not saying that we should be punishing everyone who posts unproductive things, but what I’m advocating for here is equality.

Why is it okay for people to only post a meme and not get suspended, but as soon as someone posts something with actual words that’s not productive, the conversation gets shut down and the user gets banned?

Why is it okay for people who have controversial opinions to get suspended for next to no reason, yet players can continue to post spam or pick fights with other users?

Equality and consistency is all I’m asking for. It’s hard to predict what the rules are when they’re consistently changing and only sometimes apply, specifically a user by user basis.

If a “forum god” posts something unconstructive or just plain spam, the community brushes it off like it never happened. Yet when the average user posts something they actually believe in with evidence and suggestions on how to fix the issues they present, they get mocked and “memed” and told they “deserve everything coming at them” because of their opinions?

It’s so incredibly biased that I don’t even know what to do here.

3 Likes