The flawed opinion on handicapping

Well the moderators deleted a thread that listed those patents, so I don’t think they want people talking about it. :confused:

2 Likes

Unless the added decks are rigged then it’s still not rigging it’s the reason they use sealed decks. There are also usally rules around it.

The patent aren’t really sus. They would be normal for any company that makes mobile game like CoD: Mobile.

Made a post about them and they are listed in it.

it’s all here.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you really won’t get anywhere, once the tinfoil hat is on it’s pretty much all they’ll talk about. Best to just ignore them and not give it the spotlight. A lot of people have already tried the debate but it’s always just met with “well you’re just ignorant/can’t comprehend what you’re reading”. It’s not worth the attention.

4 Likes

Maybe you should start throwing your link to this around as well to make sure it’s read as much as it should be. Show the patterns they fall into when challenged to actually prove their conspiracy beyond using buzzwords and manipulation. Notice how they conveniently ignore all the points made against them that they can’t refute and try to trivialize it whenever they can.

It’s pretty obvious when you see how they react to being called out for their lies, they talk in circles, they cry about being “censored” for being told to not spam/troll, they cry about “character attacks” when that’s how 90% of their interactions with others who try to debate with them devolve to, and they forever dodge questions and try to change the subject whenever they get caught in a lie or without any real proof or substance to their claims beyond a bunch of buzz words.

Nothing is ever of substance, only to fear monger and dodge answering any actual questions they can’t just throw some buzzwords at and deflect.

4 Likes

Bump

4 Likes

Yes everyone needs to know about Gunslingers Guild.

The logic in this thread:

1. Cuthbert said the gunslingers guild was the best TF2 guild ever.
  2. The gunslingers guild weren’t the greatest TF2 guild ever. We necro’d some casual games and did interviews and DoXt the GM and found some losses on their win record.
  3. Cuthbert also said this game is rigged.
  4. Since 2 contracticts 1, Cuthbert is a liar.
  5. Since 4 is true, 3 is a false because the author has at least one lie on record.

Sorry but it’s still rigged.

3 Likes

Loading matches with cherry-picked players using hidden performance criteria to ship a “fair” match i.e. forcing the outcome towards 50/50 in expectation - is a kind of rigging.

It’s blatant rigging in fact. They just call it “fair matches”. Real competition doesn’t rig matches for fairness. A contest is fair when you don’t try to control the outcomes. You can bin beforehand (weight classes, SR bands, etc.), but you don’t adapt subsequent matches based on data.

4 Likes

bump

2 Likes

I appreciate the approach this post takes but there’s some problems with it.

The post keeps saying there’s no proof as if we don’t have the data right in front of our faces every time we play. Every time we play there’s proof that what Cuthbert explains is accurate. It’s like the OP is saying that you need to run a double blind placebo experiment to have “proof,” no I don’t, I need to have a substantial amount of time played across more than one account to have proof (for me).

I’m going to simplify this:

1. The Blizz matchmaking devs themselves have said they try to put you in a match for which you have a 50% chance of winning, every time you play.
  2. It is objectively impossible to do the above without using your stats (e.g. SR/MMR) to arrange teams specifically to create a 50% chance of winning.
  3. This means if your stats (SR/MMR) are higher than everyone else’s in the match, simple math tells us the matchmaker will definitely place you with the lower SR/MMR people to balance it out to a 50% chance of winning.

It’s debatable as to whether or not you think the above is good for the game, what’s not debatable is whether or not it’s happening.

8 Likes

Proof requires evidence. The evidence he uses is flawed and I pointed that out. Experience is subjective and if you can see the evidence record and present it job done. I’m not saying you need a double-blind.

Your simplifying SBMM ok not proof that the game is being rigged/being handicapped outside of normal skill checks.

Your post history, likes, and writing style are incredibly sus and a little obvious.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

CEO of understanding!

who ȐĔƆƐĨPŦŜ with their grand 1,004 on dps, 500 on support, and 615 on tank? or cuthberts with their 1769. They both have private profiles so this is the last time they update. I’m assuming they haven’t climbed though because the matchmaking is rigged against them.

4 Likes

No there isn’t. Cuthbert’s post relies very heavily on confirmation bias, which is why people who don’t really think about it and just feel that it is correct agree with it so readily.

5 Likes

Incredibly suspect and a little obvious of what? I gotta hear this.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s so blatantly evident it does to some degree.

I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy but it’s a conspiracy.

:pouting_cat:

1 Like

I mean others can just read em and work it out. Not getting into it again.

4 Likes

because its part of an IP and it would make zero sense (from a business perspective) to release that information as it does nothing to enhance the value of their stock

4 Likes

Boomp…