The Final Brig nerf I could accept

And this is why we have the balance team and not claims like yours balancing the roster.

1 Like

So buff Brig for 2-2-2, and nerf Brig for 3-3.

Pretty simple.

I’ve got you covered, chief.

As you can see, in GM where GOATS is run, other heroes are rivaling Brigitte’s win rate while somehow maintaining a pick rate that is astronomically higher than hers. Those other characters are just as, if not more than, essential to the GOATS composition, while also being viable in other compositions.

In lower ranks, we see Brigitte’s pick rate drop harshly, resulting in her being the least picked healer overall on ladder right now. She still maintains a fairly high win rate, but has a ridiculously low pick rate in lower ranks, much like Torb and Sym.

Brigitte is a niche pick that is only strong in the GOATS composition because of its synergies which enable her. As soon as GOATS falls off, she will be considered a throw pick and people will report you for simply selecting her, much like Torb and Sym.

1 Like

You are replying to a level 1 hideen profile. He got his main banned<-- not true, sorry.

now he is trolling in every possible way.

And all those support above her in pick rate are getting nerfed hard and it is STILL probably not going to be enough.

Which is why we reached the what is next point we are at cause I am pretty sure they are assuming the current round of support nerfs won’t get the job done

She’s going to get reworked… just wait and see.

I like the idea that the armor packs become more of a skill shot as a thrown projectile you actually have to aim. To gain any level of respect in the community her kit is going to have to involve more skill for the value. Same thing was done to Sym, and while it didn’t fix her standing completely, it went a long way.

As BTC pointed out, she has 750 effective health on a relatively small shield area, so that either her shield is regenning when down, or health is regening, or both, a fact people tend to gloss… that’s pretty potent for any character. Compared to say Reins and Orisa and WInstons which are much, much larger. I bet on a rework that shield is dropped to 300.

I’m fully aware. However, she is currently the weakest link of GOATS. If they do ever nerf the composition enough to finally kill it, Brigitte is going to be in a bad spot. She is not currently viable outside of GOATS, and is going to need buffs if she ever wants to compete in a meta that doesn’t run three healers.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but BTC wasn’t the one who said this. It was YourOverwatch.

Ah well, thanks my heart can stand it, I watched both back to back. Regardless of who said it, the point still stands… her sustain still continues to be her biggest problem.

Yeah good nerf, but she need buff to her healing and versatility after that nerf.

I would go for lowering her Repair Pack CD to 5-4 second.

He plays console. If you would click on the PSN you would see that he is over level 700 and has a very public profile.

Then she needs a rework, the is no real way to rebuild up her kit that won’t bring back goats

If Brigitte’s shield is down and the enemy team isn’t shooting her in the head, then they’re making a mistake that deserves to be punished.

If Brigitte is hiding safely behind a Reinhardt shield or out of LOS while her health and/or shield recover, then she is basically out of the fight for a few seconds.

This is still a basic thing that people STILL ignore even months after Brigitte has been around and still blame on the character instead of their own lack of aim, awareness, target prioritization, or all of the above.

2 Likes

Exactly. We’ve got balance teams. Which are totally coincidentally doing the same things I’m suggesting and not randomly choosing heroes to buff for no reason.

I won’t bother arguing with you on these points, not because they are correct, but we can sit and hash back and forth examples all day while not looking at the big picture routine play of the character. If you cannot see or grasp the overall impact of a combined 750 health on a small, regening target I cannot help you.

And trying to say the problems are everyone else’s, that’s just silly tbh. In some cases maybe, but not overall.

Exactly. And this is a large part of what gets Brigitte scapegoated so much. She needs her enemies to make a mistake a lot of the time in order to be effective. Brig is VERY effective at blowing people up for any and every mistake, though, and people do not like that. I don’t think anyone will deny that most Overwatch players love to play the blame game when they lose rather than admit that they made a mistake. It’s never a good feeling to have to realize that you really just aren’t as good as you thought you were. A character who excels at exploiting those mistakes is definitely going to come under fire and is a prime scapegoat for the community.

1 Like

And if you cannot see how this “health” only applies when facing the character directly from the front, and is mutually exclusive to half her kit, then absolutely no one can help you.

It really isn’t, but whatever makes you feel better.

1 Like

This mindset you guys have of defending a character as some sort of skill use that’s effective is pretty amazing… the analysis is being done not in cases where some Bronze or Silver tier player is playing, we are talking top pro play questions… these thoughts are coming from pros, coaches, and others who know what they are talking about… stop acting like you guys are the best of the best for analyzing on this, you’re maybe decent players but not qualified otherwise.

It’s telling that this line of reasoning is for some reason the most oft quoted with Brig, but almost no one else… you guys are sitting in your own echo chamber here.

What’s amazing is how you pop up on every thread like this to complain.

And you pop on every one to defend. Your point?