The fate of Moira in OW2

I love Moira’s new design in OW2, it perfectly explains where her madness for science has driven her and what sacrifices she is willing to make.

• hair that starts to be white and perhaps slightly less thick
  • wrinkles on the eyes and mouth that were not there before
  • the left arm completely overwhelmed by the genetic mutation. maybe it is this kind of her skin that she had reaper under her mask.
    -the shoulder connected in her veins, like a catheter needed to draw power from the biogenetic backpack to her lifeblood.
  • the jaw showing purple veins, is probably a draccia of how far the mutation of the left arm has gone.

in my opinion this tells us what the fate of moira could be in the future (maybe in the PVE):

• create a series of genetic creatures or talon soldiers that have partially received the same experiments as reaper.
    -another implication could be Moira’s death after a confrontation of what she sacrificed (her health) for science. the authors have already confirmed in the past that they do not exclude this narrative eventuality despite being absolutely playable characters in pvp.
  • she may involve other characters in her experiments. to manipulate the sigma head with a genetic mutation? or persuade Mauga to undergo treatments that make him more ferocious.
    -I also have an extra theory about this purplish oelle: was it ever confirmed that moira was not related to Talon when she converted amelie lacroix to widowmaker? maybe after being kicked out of OW by the Venice accident. maybe the “widowmaker” experiment has led her to take an interest in how far she can push her blood as well as genetic limits. ok, here there is a lot of imagination but … this path would also be very interesting.
3 Likes

It’s implied she was already doing this even while she was with overwatch. in the retribution mission, if they don’t come out of a dropship, snipers will appear on the map in a plume of smoke that is very similar to reaper’s shadow step.

4 Likes

These two can be explained by the fact that she was 48 in OW1 and there’s a timeskip of an unknown number of years for OW2.

The Venice Memorandum released after the Retribution event indicates that several of the Talon units (Enforcer, Assassin, Sniper and Heavy Assault) have genetic enhancements - so Moira is already doing this and has been for years.

5 Likes

I can see moira being the Rappacini Monica of the overwatch universe.

Once Talon’s leaders are defeated, she’ll rule Talon just for her scientific reasons

1 Like

Just please don’t kill my favorite character ! I love her so much I can’t wait for her to be a second reaper or something similar !maybe she’ll get a bionic hand

I remember back then they said they will kill a character but bruh I hope its not her !

Talon top secret documents released alongside Baptiste confirmed Moira genetic upgraded Talon soldiers when she was still in Blackwatch. Venice mission was her using her past experiments to experiment on her new experiment.

5 Likes

Confirmed is the wrong word. They heavily implied it though, which is why its a common theory that Moira was already a double agent playing both sides way back in Venice.

But Moira isn’t the only person in the Overwatch world who alters people’s genetics. Jack and Gabriel had their genetics altered more than 20 years prior to Moira joining Blackwatch, when she was still a teenager, by the American Soldier Enhancement Program.

4 Likes