The experimental patch isn't designed to change balance

Look at the changes. They solely target durations, and for stuns, they pretty much do their job regardless of duration, within reason.

Excepting the whole hog, accretion, and blizzard changes, the goal here is clearly to reduce total time spent stunned, with minimal effect on their actual effectiveness, availability, and overall balance.

If you think this isn’t enough, that’s because it was never intended to change what you actually wanted. The devs aren’t missing the point; rather, they’re deliberately choosing to not address it here.

1 Like

Well I won’t get 2 clap by mccree anymore
But FTH will Still kill me anyway so

Yeah
It doesn’t change anything

2 Likes

Duration is everything for a stun, though
If earthshatter only stunned for .25s, it’d be useless
even if most of the values seem small, you have to think about it relatively
mccree loses about a 5th of his duration
ana and rein lose a 6th of their durations
mei and brig lose an 8th
time is everything in overwatch, and those fractions of a second add up

3 Likes

Much of the value of stuns comes from cancelling any current casts and making someone an easy target for long enough to be finished off, which usually doesn’t take that long. There are exceptions like sleeping bob, needing to follow up on multiple shattered targets with a mostly melee character, etc, but you’re not going to be substantially better off after a team shatter from these changes.

The key part of it to me is that it removes the Mei/McCree ability to Stun+DoubleHeadshot.

For a lot of high tier Mei players this is gonna hurt, cause this is basically their equivalent to Mercy SuperJump.

They are going to more deliberately address it with OW2. Probably new system like diminishing returns or CC stacking that requires the engine upgrades to work right.

It changes a lot for heroes with get out of jail free cards. That card will actually work now.

It wrecks Mei, since double headshot post freeze is gone.

It doesn’t do much for anyone else.

Yeah, but McCree has fan to fall back on, so it doesn’t do much to him.

Well sombra still dies by stun->FTH most of the times
At least it’s not guaranteed now

I suppose so, I was mostly thinking of Reaper and Mei, because of the 250. You right, tho.