The elephants in the room

These bugs have been in the game since I bought it, around a year ago. I don’t really see why they haven’t been addressed because you’ll encounter them almost every single match but since they haven’t, I decided to make a post about it.

The largest and most important bug, is what I’m going to call the “mouse threshold” bug. When you move your mouth smoothly and consistently, the reticle will not move the same amount second to second. It’ll speed up and then slow down and then speed up and slow down. The variance are subtle but it’s really noticeable when you’re trying to track targets.

As an example, your soldier you see a Ana you want to shoot the Ana. You start to move your mouse, but it’s not moving fast enough you don’t notice any movement of your reticle. Then all of a sudden despite the fact that you’re still moving your mouse the same speed you suddenly shoot to the other side of Anna and have to stop and go back.

If I had to guess I would say that this is because how far your reticle moves is tied to the frame rate for some reason.

This one changes second to second,frame to frame, it’s such a huge problem.

The second one is a lot more obvious.
Basically when you get to the point and the game pretends you didn’t get to the point. If the enemy is about to cap the point and you have to contest, it’s a coin flip as to whether or not physically being inside the borders of the point will contest it.

I don’t know how many times I’ve gotten to the objective with only seconds to spare, got within it’s borders, start to engage the enemy, and then have the point be lost.

This one doesn’t happen all the time, but it can and will cost games.

Abilities just not firing. You you want to blink as tracer, throw one of Moira’s orbs, or any ability that you seem to think would be beneficial at the moment, and nothing happens.

You just push the button and sometimes Overwatch just ignores the button press, sometimes Overwatch recognizes that you push the button and starts to cool down on your ability but doesn’t use it.

Lets say you’re a tracer and you want to recall. You press whatever key your abilitie is map to, and instead of going backwards in time, the symbol on screen goes from ‘ready to use’ to “12”. You better not have needed that recall when you press the button for it.

This one also doesn’t happen all the time but it happens frequently enough for it to be a problem.