The effect Brigitte has on this game is absurd

I’m a great advertiser, i should be hired Kappa.

but seriously, you have a good night too.

Hanzo has a huge impact and is a big part of the problem, but it is Brigitte that gives him that impact.

The OP in this thread was right, that she doesnt even have to be played to make every automatic weapon and shotgun user in the game become a potential waste of time, and can have their power reduced by 25-45% instantly with a single swap (Widow for Brig).

Because the big hitters are hardly affected at all by armor, they become favored (note the instant rise in popularity of old hanzo on OWL when Brig was introduced).

What you have also done was clear the field of Hanzo counters, and his changes made classic counters into characters HE counters (Winston) or who has become a mostly even fight (Dva). The new freedom to operate, along with the much easier aiming, a arrow speed, and Storm Strike, and you have a horrible meta lock, but it is a cooperative effort, brought on by both Brig and Hanzo.

wrong, every dps would of been viable without hanzo, brigitte comp is very impacted by many dps that can simply do good ranged damage, heck, even mccree wouldve been good.

Maybe on your game, but thinking her impact is truly this deep is just absurd. I still play Winston despite knowing that the enemy could just switch to a Reaper to counter me. but if they have to switch a hero to counter me that gives an opening to one of my teammates.

You need to look a little deeper than a shallow “either or”. I agree that McCree has suffered as a direct result of Hanzo, making him irrelevant. However, that doesnt make Soldier irrelevant nearly as much as going from 19hp per projectile to 14 does.

The answer is far more complicated than “Its this guy”, but the 1/2 punch of both is primarily responsible, not one or the other.

Yeah, but like Reaper sucks…

1 Like

Not against Winston though, he has single handled hard countered him since season 1 but there isn’t the mass amount of upset that we’re seeing from Tracer players who get hard countered by Brig. Hard counters exist in this game, if I went by OP’s logic and never played Winston because there’s the chance that they could go Reaper, then I would never get to play a hero that I thoroughly enjoy.

You can shield dance Reaper, etc etc, play around him. Sure in a purely 1v1 situation Reaper hard counters Winston but in a game environment it’s totally diff. As you acknowledge.

As for Brigitte vs Tracer, I’ll 1v1 any Brigitte main that wants to on Tracer. Spoiler: I’ll win. 6m range, ez win.

People approach this game far too simplistically.

2 Likes

Every game where there’s an ability to stun someone, it basically fcks every character in the game, regardless of which it is. Stun, insta-gibbed. Whether it’s league or overwatch or xyz MMO… stun, insta-gibbed. It isn’t fun to be on the receiving end, but when dishing it out, it’s like ‘omg I’m so skilled, I completely shut down the other player’s ability to fight back and beat him’. Like, the whole stun thing should’ve ended after Mcree was given flashbang during development stages. Now, everything CC’s.

For me, the concept of “swapping to counter” is solid. Right now though we don’t have enough options against Brigitte death balls, so while she counters an entire composition(dive), hers is not easily countered by ANOTHER composition, all you can really do is mirror. That’s what’s unfair right now.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even call Moira “easy mode”. I find her harder to use than Zenyatta, personally. But whatever.

And I figured you’d bring up her resources. But the thing is, the only way Moira can really find herself in that position is if her team is taking on tons of damage and the enemy are either out of range or behind shields so that she can’t leech any power.

But BOTH of those situations are ones in which Brigitte is ALSO severely neutered. But unlike Brigitte, Moira has greater range and greater mobility to get out of that situation. Brigitte still has to get within six meters to deal more than 70 damage, and her own means of mobility is also her main method of initiating a fight.

I’m just saying. Brigitte is much easier to shut down if you know what you’re doing than Moira is. Moira is easier to kill, though.

Yeah but you can get away with bad aim on Zen. You can’t with Ana.

They had to make another hero to keep the mercy mains happy so thay stop diying to our skill a buy lootsboxes

Didn’t Roadhog get nerfed hard because of that?

Brigittes impact is this, and this only, shifts the meta. Thats all her role was and that is all she has done. Brigitte is not even apart of the brawlette meta anymore, brigitte only shifted the game from a heavy dive to a mix dive and mix brigitte comp. Like we see in owl

However, hanzo who was built in dive, got a massive power creep with brigittes inclusion, as hanzo was going to be made meta regardless of her or not, but brigitte countering dive means hanzo ERADICATED dive.

Next time try using your ranged attacks to kill her from a distance. It works.

I love tracer and genji mains who cry about brigitte. Got too used to using their own Op hero and now hate the new one.

I’m not a Brig main, I hate her, but I’ll happily 1v1 you. Gotta use real 1v1 rules though, where the timer and capture point kick in. 6m range doesn’t mean anything when you have to hold or take an objective.

1 Like

If your Brigitte gets destroyed easily by focus fire,then that’s a sign of a bad Brigitte and a bad team.I once had my team focus fire on her,but she was standing behind a Rein shield.Once even a hog jumped in front of her to take the damage for her,while she got pampered in the backlines by the main healer,and then chrged into our squishies and mowed them over.

The threat of a single counter is different from the threat of one character shutting down the effectiveness of every single machine gun and shotgun user against every opponent by 25-45% plus remove two tanks and shut down, dominate, and outheal at least one support.

1 Like