The effect Brigitte has on this game is absurd

I have no doubt people are getting better at dealing with Brigitte. God help us all if that wasn’t the case. Even then, your win rate with her is RIDICULOUSLY high when compared to your other heroes.

That’s not a game sense and positioning skill type thing. And for you to basically be saying everyone around you is stupid and that’s why isn’t exactly an acceptable reasoning for that. You CLEARLY, with the game sense you can expect from your rank, got away with WAY TOO MUCH and punished your peers to an unreasonable degree for far too long.

That is the signature of a terribly designed and extremely forgiving kit. You yourself have not improved in game sense and positioning to any measurable degree, otherwise you’d be able to use that skill to punish your peers on other heroes. The fact of the matter is Brigitte is just this one off hero that lets you get away with it and disproportionately punish your peers.

Your arguments support this conclusion more than they discredit it.

but i am punishing my peers with mercy/zen/rein, mainly zen, hence why my winrates going up and up with zen as well as my sr.

I am not saying that brigitte doesnt have a forgiving kit, but to say it is not heavily punishable would be ludicrous, All im saying is is that brigitte is not op, just unfun to fight, can we agree to that?

Wrong. You’re in the mindset of a comp player.

And if I was a comp player I would probably agree with you. However, I am not a comp player so put yourself into the mindset of a casual QP player only. And I am not only defending QP players I’m sure some comp players to struggle to fight her as well.

1 Like

yes, since this game is focused around competitive/ranked/owl. Even in qp i really dont understand how brigitte can be op beacause you yourself should have good enough game sense and positioning to counter her, especially as in qp no ones going to be coordinated enough to make use of her shield bash. plus in qp theres no tanks so brigitte doesnt get much use of shield bash unless you w + m1 into her shield :rofl:

I’ll believe it when I see it reflected in stats.

It is clearly more difficult to punish than any other hero when both players are operating with the same level of game sense and positioning skill, as reflected by your own personal experiences and the statistics on Overbuff. Yes, people are learning to work around it and thank God, and yes, you get to a point around Masters/GM where it doesn’t work anymore. The skill cap and limitations of Brigitte’s kit, being as clearly defined as they are, don’t allow you to get away with things anymore when the skill of the players around you are basically the best of the best.

I will agree that she is not OP at the highest of levels. Outside of that, it’s a different story imo. Not because the hero herself is OP really, but just because of this ability for someone to play it and without having any measurable increase in game sense and positioning skill, start punishing those around them with abandon for lack of it.

The game sense and positioning required to play Brigitte effectively is significantly less than what is required to play around her. When you enter the higher tiers that no longer applies as mistakes and such are rarely made etc. Outside of them though, where we can all expect mistakes to be made etc, Brigitte gets away with far too much, for far too little, and provides monumental impact with it.

So yes, I agree, she is not OP. She is a terribly designed kit, and it’s unfortunate we’re pretty much stuck with it.

When was the last time you played a QP game… It’s never coordinated and before Brid I was enjoying OW very much save pre-Junkrat fix. QP games were clenchers and good games. Sadly I cannot say that anymore. As soon as 1 team starts to lose someone switches to Brid and throws the entire balance of the game off.

oh yea ofc, ive never said brigitte is not op in gold/etc, thatd be a blatant lie. I think she has a perfectly designed kit for what it was intended to do(counter dive, make it less effective, but still allow it) its just a shame that it had unintended side effects of making hanzo have no counters.

uhm, i dont remember, i only play ffa and comp. :rofl: qp has gotten me silenced so many times

So you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that hanzo would be as prominent as he is, if tracer/genji were as strong as they were when dive was at its strongest? Storm arrow is strong but his mobility buff is really nothing compared to tracer/genji. They would hunt him down and make him dead…

Well then I rest my case :grinning:

Well I can’t agree with the “perfectly designed kit” part, but she did do a decent job at decreasing the effectiveness of dive. Decentish. At a SERIOUS cost though. One I don’t personally consider worth.

hanzo was going to be meta regardless, and op regardless, he would of made a meta entirely by himself, he would either of been infused into dive replacing genji making ttk so low i would rather play a death simulator as that would have higher ttk. Or he would force dva out as a tank and bring zarya into a pseudo dive comp due to how powerful their combo is and winston is a good bubble target too, or he could even bring back reinhardt comps as hanzo completely eradicates the rein comps weaknesses.

I think brigitte saved us from a lower ttk game, which i despised. And I dont think people would really enjoy an even lower ttk than dives meta was.

also quest, i made a thread about 2 massive flaws brigitte has heightened and highlighted, you should check a look.

she was literally put into this game and programmed into hard stoping dive. Snipers and range counter her and she counters dive. She was meant to push the sniper meta.

Just like mercy/tracer/winston/Dva the past 5-6 seasons, there are meta picks. You have to learn to adapt or get left in the dust.

And if your still having trouble with her? ^^ post right here gives you the answer.

2 Likes

she was intended to bring in deathball comp actually, a side effect due to the flawed counter mechanic is that hanzo and widowmaker got massive power creeps and ebcame top tier dps with no counters except enemy thems.

you are probably right about Brig, but without brig I think hanzo might not be f-tier, but I dont think he would be as top tier as he is currently. Currently if a tracer or genji cause him to much trouble it is easy for a team to sub in Brig and stop the harassment. Only my thought though, never will be able to actually prove it out as brig hit same time frame that new hanzo did so the world will never know. :slight_smile:

This is ridiculous. This would mean that the game developers are forcing you to play the game their way, not the way you want to play the game. There was nothing wrong with the sniper meta before Brid, although I do agree she was put there to combat the dive meta.

I’m pretty sure that when a group of devs sit at a table and discuss potential heroes they don’t say “Well we need to push this meta or that meta” Doing this would be committing player base suicide. However, their idea I think is backfiring and now they are in a hole they need to dig themselves out of.

well, ill just say this, owl is varied as hell, brawlette comps, pirate ship comps, dive comps, etc are all viable in owl due to brigittes inclusion. Notice how varied the meta is in owl simply due to SA hanzo not being on their client.

Hanzo is the new tracer, same with widowmaker, if the hanzo is good enough there is no counters.

Also guys, please do read my thread i made yesterday, i think its very informative on 2 massive flaws getting worse in ow and i need it to get more attention. I could always post the text here but ehhh

I dont really keep up with OWL, because of the mirrored comp thing, but if it is varied I might have to give it another view. Most the streamers I watch seem to play the grav-dragon meta, so question is: Is ladder as varied? I gave up on comp and when I did play comp I was silver so meta was a foreign concept that low. If the answer is no Brig is helping .01% of players of the game, which will mean little to most the populace of the game.

no, ladder is not varied, but it isnt brigitte as many would make you think. It is essentially rein/zarya/hanzo/widowmaker(or second dps probably aoe damage)/mercy/zen. Thats basically whats ran

SA hanzo removes the weaknesses of the reinhardt composition and the brigette comps, however brigitte is just not as impactful anymore.

Well if nothing else you have talked me into giving OWL another shot lol :rofl:. Gotta run and do some family things, but it was an interesting talk. Have a good night.

1 Like