The effect Brigitte has on this game is absurd

Not what I meant.

Since Brigitte’s release her winrate has been going down and down. Yes she’s a little strong but the biggest thing was she changed the way you have to approach team fights. Now players are slowly understanding that the game is different. She’s not even top 8 most used in the last week. She’s a situational answer to a very specific problem (dive). She’s not a one size fits all carry hero (like tracer was for the majority of the game’s life).

She’s not even an answer to dive. Just to Tracer.

The thing is that Tracer is dive. Winston might enable it, but you cannot dive without Tracer because of how high her burst is between reloads.

Her pick rates are skewed by the fact that she is switched to rather than started with in a lot of games.

As other people have noted, you don’t even need to pick her for her to push the meta. Who will pick dive when they can can hard countered at will?

1 Like

She hard counters dive and soft counters everything else that doesn’t counter her. While reaper v brig is a tough fight for reaper its not a tough fight for brig at all. The thing with counters in this game is that while they can make a fight easier or harder, they don’t define the winner. A roadhog can beat a reaper if he is a better player. However, brig hard counters a lot of heroes and it takes an enormous skill difference to beat her. Its definetly possible for a reaper to beat brig but most times he will lose unless the brig is trash.

1 Like

You don’t have to have pro levels of skill to learn from them. Just watch what they do and then adapt it for your own usage. You can do this because the opponents you face are not pros. While their execution must be perfect, yours does not because your opponents are only as good as you are.

2 Likes

You can definitely run dive with Widow. I like to think of the compositions as more defined by which tanks you’re using since they set the pace and decide how your team are going to take engagements.

It doesn’t really help with Brig since you can’t get a cigarette paper between her skill floor and ceiling.

Unless your opponent is actually Leroy Jenkins they are going to do at least OK with her.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that this is their opinion, which is mainly influenced by the pros and OWL players. The pros don’t have the same problems with cancer as non-pros do so the devs don’t really pay attention to her impact on the ladder as a whole. Also, players aren’t losing their morale when she gets picked, they lose it when they are winning the whole game, someone switches to her and they start getting steamrolled because they don’t have a player who can play a counter.

so wait until she uses it, then quickly engage her, and already be a mile away from her 5sec later? gotcha.

Ideally you won’t be fighting her in a 1v1…

She doesn’t need to 1v1 you to kill you. She can easily 1v2 most heroes.

1 Like

she can 1v6 during her ult. Thx blizzard.

Then why are divers in GM starting to dive around her? Why are pro teams in OWL successfully running dive against pro Brigittes and winning?

Reaper v Brig is a tough fight for reaper, but it’s also a tough fight for brigitte since he can almost two-shot her (depending on headshot damage), and reliably three shot her through everything but ult armor. Plus he has infinite fight resets with wraith form since her out-of-combo dps is utter garbage which gives him control over disengagement.

She doesn’t control the fight. Reaper does. He only dies if he messes up since he can just walk away at will with wraith form.

The only thing he cannot do while she is alive is use his ultimate. That’s it.

She can burst him for 155.

He shoots her for 140 and heals 28 every 0.5 seconds.

She hits him with her flail for 35 every 0.6 seconds.

Outside of her combo she deals ~14 dps, and has to chew through 95 health before he kills her.

He will kill her in 1.5 seconds unless she has her ultimate available (and her shoulder guards give her quite the shotgun-friendly hitbox. She’s one of the easier targets to track).

She can’t 1v6 even with ult, but it wouldn’t take too much to get there.

What? You talk about watching pros but then say this. Did you even see stage 4?

1 Like

she sure can, i see it all the time.
Granted it’s an ultimate. But making yourself practically invulnerable while you do damage is kind of insane to me.

Not against any half competent team she can’t. Her weakness (if you can call it that) is that she’s easily overwhelmed. She reminds me of pre nerf roadhog. On paper overpowered but in practice it doesn’t work out that way.

How it usually goes is:

She’s either aggro and goes for a kill in which case she can be overwhelmed because then she’s essentially a tank with only 250 health

Or she’s conservative in which case she’s not doing anything useful. Only healing every 6 seconds and getting in minimal blocking.

The other thing that balances her is that she sucks at healing. So when running her you either need to run 3 supports, losing out on damage or tanking. Or run her as a healer and lose out on healing.

Every time NYXL play her, it’s SBB playing her, meaning they’re missing out of SBB on tracer or widow.

2 Likes

But that’s the thing. If her skill ceiling is how you say, then they’ll never be able to do more than “okay” with her either (and I do think her ceiling is quite limited).

She’s a solvable problem.

I would argue that a dive meta built around widowmaker isn’t really dive. It’s a sniper meta since what you’re actually trying to do is enable your widowmaker.

It’s why the NYXL has been so dominant. Before the Valiant figured them out in the finals, they’ve been playing a game of “enable the Pine” that people were trying to counter as though they were playing against Dive. The problem is that it’s not Dive, so they were trying to counter it backwards which just let Pine take them apart time, after time, after time.

The Valiant figured out that you have to kill the Winston first so that he can’t prevent you from killing Widowmaker. Once they did that, Pine literally didn’t know what to do.

…at least that’s my take on it based on what I saw and what the casters were saying.

Yes I did. Stage 4 wasn’t dive. It’s not what people are complaining about on live, but it definitely wasn’t dive.

1 Like

Because those are pros. Brig’s skill roof isn’t as high as reaper’s so they can beat her. Not many people outside pro levels can do that. You can try to copy them all you want but they have the skill to pull that off and unless you’re at their level, you and me do not. An average reaper won’t be able to beat an average brig unless he can get some good shots behind her before she knows he’s there. (Not that easy above silver) For all the math you did you forgot to consider the skill level the average person is at.

stage 4 was winston/dva/mercy/zen/widow/[flex].

that’s dive. tracer is not synonymous with dive, because it is a playstyle, not a comp. unless you want to call triple tank/tracer comps misfits used to run dive.

hell, even before brig, dorado was often genji/widow because of all the high ground. does that make it magically not dive?