The effect Brigitte has on this game is absurd

I didn’t reference killing at all. I mentioned positioning, resource management etc.

Inspires radius is very large and whip shot is easy to land. Her repair pack overheals if used on full health target so you can’t mess that up. Her ult can be used almost whenever.

She gets a lot of value just from existing.

First, only because people play right into her hands. They get close, where she’s strong, and then complain that she killed them in the way that she was designed.

They never force her to make a decision of any kind.
They never try anything different.
They just blink in, unload their guns, and the act surprised when she kills them exactly as she was designed.

They’ve never tried to rush in with a pocket.
They don’t ask Zarya for a bubble.

They didn’t try to use Brigitte’s unholy thirst for Tracer’s blood to separate their tank from his Brigitte pocket by diving their Widowmaker in an attempt to open them up to get wrecked by Pharah.

They don’t play conservatively and wait for their team to give them an opening to go in and one-clip their Zenyatta.

They don’t play keep-away from Brigitte while farming D.Va for ult.

They don’t try to break their rein’s shield so that their junkrat could punish her for you.

They aren’t tring to dogpile her with more tanks than she can handle and just blow her up (this is what NYXL did vs the Fuel, IIRC).

This is everything I’ve seen people try in OWL in just the past three weeks of stage 4, and most of them have had at least some success.

And, no, she’s not so easy that countering her is simply impossible. While she’s easy, she also has a fairly low ceiling given her limited damage, mobility, and inability to headshot. She’s got exactly one burst combo that uses almost her entire kit, and her ultimate is almost always over half-wasted because it’s too difficult to keep everyone in the radius mid-combat at the pro level.

IMO, while there is a problem, it’s not Brigitte. It’s the double-sniper meta, which yes is enabled by Brigitte, but would have happened eventually anyway. She just came into the game and uncovered what was already forming.

I agree with ProLikeChro that the problem is not necessarily the sniper heroes, but more the sniper players. Straight up, they’re getting better than anyone ever thought they would and they’re becoming oppressive. Widowmaker and Hanzo both enable this meta by having limitless skill-ceilings tied to extreme levels of “kill you instantly” functionality. The only thing that was keeping them in check was a completely un-checked Tracer and Genji, so in that case you can pile blame on Moira and Brigitte. However, doing so is extremely dishonest as the real fault here is Widowmaker and Hanzo.

Without the two snipers, Brigitte is counterable by no less than four heroes just off the top of my head. And not just a little bit countered. In many cases she is completely incapable of fighting back due to her limited range. However, in almost every single case, double sniper prevents those heroes from being played since in every case the heroes in question are vulnerable to snipers, and only getting more vulnerable as the sniper players get better, and better with time.

This meta should be one of the best we’ve ever seen with multiple viable comps going up against each other. Instead we’ve got Zarya, Rein, Mercy, Zen, Widow, and Hanzo. Everyone else who could break this is hard-countered by Hanzomaker.

2 Likes

In regards to how Moira uses them, yes. However, our past conversations have always leaned more towards Brigitte not being killed for making mistakes.

Sure. But that wasn’t my point. Worded another way, she loses a lot of her maximum potential value very easily from enemy counters, compared to someone like Moira, who can easily get value regardless of the opponent’s actions.

A Brigitte limited only to Inspire and an occasional Armor Pack has to work a lot harder to be influential in a fight.

I guess you were one of those players who couldn’t dodge the hook?

I didn’t think Roadhog needed nerfs. Perhaps fixing his LOS hook was bugged, but other than that, Hog was fine.

Most people, for whatever reason, thought he was too much. Getting hooked was “OP.”

I still laugh at that.

2 Likes

THIS. This is exactly what I’ve been saying for a long time.

1 Like

Yes, they’re both easy mode heroes. And yes, if Brigitte due to some bizarre set of circumstances is just whip shotting people and throwing out health packs she’s nowhere near her maximum potential.

Tbf, a Moira stuck tossing orbs because she can’t manage her healing resource or hit anything is nowhere near her maximum potential either.

:man_shrugging:

Stop one tricking tracer and thinking you’re good at the game then

2 Likes

half the cast is unplayable because of her. that is terrible design.

1 Like

They think that if something is broken, the they need to introduce something new and better to counter. That only created a meta arguably worse than dive. They need to understand that if something is too good, it needs a nerf not a new counter thats as broken as the original problem was.

OMFG, people are never happy with anything.
Nerf this, nerf that, oh you nerf them to hard, oh no you made a toon that counters.
What do you people want.
Welfare payment hero’s.
There is no end to the whinging about hero’s.
Learn to develop your skills to counter her, just like you did with other hero’s in the game.
You cant always have it easy, there would be no point in playing, oh I suppose there would be, welfare payment hero’s.
I have played brig and against brig, she is not GOD, she is easy to take out and easy to play. MMM sounds like other hero’s in the game.

2 Likes

I smell a Genji.

No but seriously, Brigitte is annoying.

When heroes like reaper that are supposed to be great at close combat get hard countered there’s a problem. Any hero that trys fighting up close gets hard countered even if they aren’t part of dive, which was her purpose of creation. The issue is not that she counters other heroes its that she hard counters. There’s almost no room to try and outplay a brig unless you’re a very specific set of heroes, which many people are not as good with, meaning they still can’t outplay her. In a game like this there’s no room for hard counters.

1 Like

What do you play and at what rank? Your hero and skill level might be why you have that opinion. If you’re at a rank where the enemy brigs suck or above her skill roof then you aren’t affected by her as much as most other people are.

Especially in QP I see this all the time. People have fun Brigitte free game until they are about to lose. Then they go “Sigh. I guess I bring out the ez-big-guns”.

I don’t know what that indicates in regard of hero balancing…

1 Like

Well, Reaper’s not hard countered by Brigitte. She’s just a tough fight for him. However, between his self healing and wraith form, she cannot kill him unless he messes up first. Her burst combo is only 155 damage, and if she doesn’t open with it she’s just going to lose her shield since he can break her shield with enough damage left over to still kill her without reloading. And if she loses her shield, she also loses 50 damage from her combo at which point he can even take his time and reload and she’s dead before her shield starts to regenerate.

Reaper dies vs. Brigitte in two cases.

1. He’s not paying attention and goes in with far less life than he thinks he has.
  2. She’s getting help, which invalidates the 1v1 hard-counter arguments since at that point you can expect Reaper to also have help.

She doesn’t hard counter him.

Hog 1.0 was broken and that’s coming from a former hog main who knows just how bad it was. Any move that ensures a kill is not fun to play against and shouldn’t exist or be nerfed. It doesn’t matter if he couldn’t dodge it 100% of the time, it still was broken and shield bash is in the same category of cheap one hit moves.

One of the effects is that it artificially decreases her pick rate stat. People run double sniper to start and the widow switches for Brig to run triple support.

Game shows as a widow game despite that the widow was dropped after the first objective.

1 Like

Brigitte’s lack of range or mobility is easily exploited as show in the OWL. Adapt or die.

If I could adapt to having pro levels of skill don’t you think I’d have done that by now?

Getting beaten in a sprint by people on steroids? Usain Bolt doesn’t struggle against them… Just be as fast as Usain Bolt.

1 Like

The devs state in an interview that she is healthy for the game, honestly get over it already, people who keeps saying she’s Op are creating a false meta because everyone thinks she is meta, people even start to play worse when she’s around because they lose moral because they she think she’s over powered

2 Likes