✅ The easy part of balancing Mei

She should be deleted. All im saying. You cannot stoop lower as a player than to play mei. She is the reason I completely abondonned tank role.

I mean, it helps that you can tell people directly, that you don’t care about balance, and the balance team should ignore your opinion.

3 Likes

Very well thought, trying to do this is the best approach.

I’m ok with step 1 and 2, it would be enough for me. They could even make her blaster beam the secondary fire that could still freeze people, but would consume waaay more ammo, so she could only freeze one at a time, or give it a cooldown to this beam-freeze M2 ability…

They won’t delete her, but as things are going balance wise recently there is no doubt she will get hit hard by the balance sledgehammer, and all the mei mains crying will make my day.

1. Make ice wall 3 pillars that are wider and keep the wall the same size
  2. Increase it’s cooldown by a couple of seconds (10 second cooldown that lasts 5 seconds, like wtf)
  3. Decrease the radius of her ult

Well, I’d agree. The kneejerk reaction would be sledgehammer nerfs.

But that’s why I’ve been making tons of posts on how to nerf with a surgical scalpel, instead of a chainsaw.

I’d agree if it was a for a respectable hero, but not for mei, they can gutter her into oblivion. Ideally she will never be relevant again in the foreseeable future of OW :slight_smile:

As much as I hate Mei this is a no from me, honestly this will break the hero. Just keep it a beam.

Just remove multifreeze?

Or you could just stopdying.

You want less people to play Mei, not more :rofl:

3 large nerfs to mei with no compensation? Yeah no thanks.
She’s perfectly fine right now, I really don’t care about OWL because it’s been like 1 day and they play nearly a different game from us. Her stats all the way up to GM are either below average or okay. In gm she has below average winrate.
She’s fine…

Sequential small nerfs, as an alternative to sledgehammer nerfs.
I’d rather they do that approach rather than sledgehammer.

And they got over a billion dollars invested in OWL. It’s gonna be really hard for them to ignore it.

That said luckily that crazy high overbuff winrate for a daily calmed down as they got more data for the day.

makes the wall off enemy team for bad positioning strategy non-viable because it’s so much easier now to escape it. this is huge

this is also huge because it means more heroes are effective against her.

this is huge… i don’t really need to explain it.

she needs 0 nerfs. If they really think she’s a problem just because of OWL then they can do seperate balancing since OWL and ladder are completely different games. What about the rein/lucio nerfs too? since they are must picks :roll_eyes:

I think the four pillar nerf will be the best change. It adds more counterplay without stepping on the original use of it.

I figure if they need to, they can do nerfs. But maybe some buffs that aren’t that valuable in OWL.

Like reloading ammo during iceblock.

If you’re going to make it 4 pillars with 1 being a tankwidth wide you might as well make the whole thing one piece. Functionally it will be the same. One segment will get broken VERY fast with the only variable being if the team shoots the left or right center first and just how fast they can cooperate. Once that segment is broken and there’s a tank sized window in the wall, it might as well not be there.

4 segments is a Gigantic nerf to the wall.

1 Like

Holy crap… Mei can ice block on top of a knocked down ally and it absorbs dva bomb!

After Mei got her primary fire nerfed, the only nerf she needs now is for her sustain:

Cryo-Freeze

• Healing reduced from 150 to 50 (12.5 per second)

Ice Wall

• Pillar health decreased from 400 to 200
  • Ice Wall duration reduce from 5 seconds to 3 seconds

Was listening to an interview with Space

And he made a good point that Mei is preventing Sigma usage.

Also D.va and Genji are crowd favourites.

Leads me to believe the best nerf to start out with would be turning her Frost blaster from beam, to be a projectile.

Would have huge implications in Pro/GM, but barely any changes in Platinum and below.

I mean… d.va is seeing plenty of use.
not sure about genji, but it’s really hard to freeze genji because how easily he can escape, wall climb and dash can easily save him from her, even a double jumping genji makes it take a lot longer to freeze him.

Sigma isn’t seeing use because he’s been trashed by nerfs.

I thought about nerf last night that I don’t think was talked about yet, what if you could destroy her iceblock when she’s in cryo? Giving it like 200hp so it gives a chance to get her out of it before its full duration is over.

I like your suggestions abou changing the wall too.