The devs are not listening?

Was he really toxic? How’d it turn out?

It’s a famous (long since archived) post where someone complained about being ‘wrongfully’ banned. JK loaded up the data, and showed the player had received hundreds of reports for toxicity/trolling. To paraphrase our BDFL, they “weren’t exactly an outstanding member of the community”. The orange text was called out, because it was basically naming and shaming all the same.

1 Like

0 posts just coming here to whine about nothing. They do listen you just don’t look hard enough, leave don’t come back.

1 Like

I’m going to try to explain this to you, but your brain isn’t going to want to acknowledge it. And that’s okay, eventually you will. Blizzard is a business. Follow me so far? Their business model is make money selling lootboxes, digital merch, physical merch, name changes, and copies of their games. Smurfs literally fuel their business model. Even semi-annual ban waves fuel their business model because they know all the people they ban are going to buy new accounts again. This is the company you’re doing business with.

Now, you wanted to know why the devs aren’t listening??? It doesn’t fit into their business model. Fixing all of these problems would be counter-intuitive to profit, and not cost effective. In the long run, you give them money and they give you this mediocre experience. And that’s it. They’re off to the next project. Can you guess how OW2 will be?? It’ll be exactly like this, with shinier graphics.

1 Like

Yeah he was, I believe Jeff said that he had thousands of reports accumulated.

I found this, but I cant find that that older topic with toxic guy.

I was Falsely Banned for Hacking - #68 by FulMtlPopins-1938

1 Like

You sound like the kind of person who tortures animals and giggles…

It’s unfortunate that the moderators are unwilling to cooperate because you’re the kind of player that doesn’t deserve to be a part of the Overwatch community.

Gotta agree here… This clown has some sort of narcissistic mental disorder that allows him to behave this way. Fortunately, things will catch up to him eventually :relieved:

4 Likes

Well that’s interesting. I wonder why they needed Jeff Kaplan himself to do that. Seems like something he should have been able to delegate. Isn’t that kind of duty for moderators?

Bro he probably read the thread felt bad took responsibility to look into then we he realized he got trolled he had to clap back.

Ohhh, I didn’t follow that he had been trolled. All clear

I used to work in a call center for an airline before my current job. Worked for 4 years there, and the amount of horse droppings I encountered during my 4 years there is astonishing. Human beings are the most awful race, species, call it what you will, that has ever roamed this planet.

I had people call me and complain and threaten to sue me personally for why they were denied boarding while wanting to take a roasted pig as their carry on. The stories I can tell.

My point being, maybe they do read the forums, maybe not, I personally cannot know for sure, but what I can believe is devs being completely deaf to hardstuck gold and plats blaming the game for their SR while they are a Plat border in those said ranks playing the game for hours and hours dying to the same thing over and over again.

I do not blame them if they decide not to listen to balance complaints from those same players who say that “Bastion is overpowered” just because they are stuck in an elo where players play the game in a sense “if I ignore them maybe they will go away or stop to exist or die on their own”.

An elo where even if you try to come up with any kind of strategy, try to use comms for anything you will end up being ignored because everyone else knows better and they will be the first ones to complain about the game.

I just had a Hanzo in my game (not my intention to say “omg bad DPS”, just giving an example) who literally refused to listen to any callouts and kept going in alone every time the team was dead. Every single time and then ended up blaming the game for it. He did not once, not once stop to think that he was always by himself, taking crazy flanks where he did not end up victorious, because apparently your Gold aim and gamesense cannot do 1vs6, who would have thunk?

This System definitely needs improvement. Many things need improvement in this game. I am sure that the devs know it too. The thing is the devs are not going to listen to your hardstuck, whiny “been Gold/Plat since Season 2” behind because you have nothing of value to bring to them, apart from your constant complaints about how the OW world is against you.

I would not be surprised if tomorrow for example the OW matchmaking truth would be revealed, how the matchmaking is rigged. Even if it is, it still cannot compensate for your inability to bait out the Ana sleep or nade before you dive her.

1 Like

nah not eaven pros/gms, take samito for an example, they dont listen to him and hes a gm and is in the Florida Mayhem

wait hes on a pro team? lmao i never thought that would happen tbh.

(i thought he was a memer like frogger and sleepy)

samito played t2 but not above that, he never played in owl, now he’s a partner with mayhem.

in honesty i think he makes good points but the way that he goes about it in his streams makes it hard for the ear to receive

2 Likes

like i said i legit thought he was a memer like xqc

might as well be considered so lol

i am surprised others hasn’t yet.

Ok, that was a bit mean… and i do know it and ik the game would not be able to be up without smurfs lul, its super good for money but its also a big problem and at some point the game will die because they are only thinking about the money and not what’s the best for the game. or that’s my opinion all though I’m not an Harvard professor like you.

1 Like

A support could have changed heroes as well…to enable him IF he was able to get some good pop offs. A tank could have gotten on ball to peel for him while he was flanking as well.

It’s never just one person’s fault in these scenarios. There’s always “something” that the team could have done to assist those with weak points (in your example, it was the genji’s lack of gamesense) - but if the team was getting team killed - he may have just been in a “f it” mindset and was trying to work on his own stats (some games you are forced to do this).

1 Like

I apologize, I didn’t mean to sound like a snobby jerk. It’s just if we collectively want Blizzard to produce the type of game quality that we, as consumers, deserve… then we need to start being not only more vocal but stop handing them money hand-over-fist. That’s the only thing these companies pay attention to – quarterly fiscal reports.