The Demon Hunter Sombra skin is no longer unlockable on the PTR, It's now a legacy skin

My guess it was going to be some sort of bonus by subscribing/buying/playing Diablo Immortals…

(I would like to point out that the official Diablo Immortals website has been unchanged since its launch in November)

5 Likes

Earlier this year (I think in january) they were selling all the “in game items” separately form the ticket so you had another chance to get the items. It was only 10 dollars (or euro) less than the total ticket price so still a disgusting scam but you could buy them nonetheless.

Perhaps that’s what Blizzard meant. I think the chance to get these items a 2nd time already passed and most people missed it without realising.

1 Like

fritz is just salty because he cannot read the fine print before buying any products.

22 Likes

But it’s not fraud if you didn’t pay them anything. That’s my point.

Looks pretty illegal no matter how you look at it if they don’t release the skin ingame and are planning on making it legacy skin only, the terms are just sematics.

But as per usual, blizz caved in for the whiners without much thought and forgot their own fine print.

16 Likes

They said they will bring DH skin tho, nothing was ever told about Noire
If they not bring it to the game this year, its just prove that we cant trust those devs and we should move on from this game while we still can. And i dont even need that skin, i just pointing out that there is a lot of trust to lose there.

Fraud is false advertising that causes you to pay for something that you do not receive.

It’s like when Jeff says a Dev Update is coming next week and it comes two weeks later. Yeah, he lied and broke his promise but there was no money involved so it’s not illegal

7 Likes

Thats just terrible, but at least there would be some way for people to get that skin i guess.

That was my personal guess and would be a logical cross-promotion. However given the fact, Diablo Immortals news has gone non-existent since BlizzCon, I would be as bold to say the project has been cancelled or shelved as it would not be the first time Blizzard has shelved a nearly complete game (StarCraft: Ghosts).

3 Likes

There’s plenty money involved in blizzcon tickets though.

There’s nothing legal about not following the fine print of a product they sold.

1 Like

Aww man please don’t lock it. I’ve been waiting for this skin even if it’s 3000 I don’t care.

1 Like

The people who paid will have gotten something better than what they paid for if the skin stays exclusive.

How is that fraud or illegal?

Welp, as long as its not gona be OWL token thing and everyone will be able to get it im fine with it

2 Likes

I don’t need to hear this right now.

Already super toxic from trying to Sym to work, but can’t cause she just not designed to work.

1 Like

It’s BS if it doesn’t hit live. I was about to buy the pass UNTIL they said it would be available for general purchase next year. I don’t care if it’s 3,000 coins. It needs to be available because we were told it would be available.

4 Likes

Guys its just a skin, it wont make a diffrence if you have it or not

2 Likes

It’s still 2019, we still have 8 months of it in fact.

It was probably just a mistake to have it up for 1000 credits, so they’re fixing it before it goes live.

Besides, in no way shape or form has it ever been said that it’d be available for credits in general, that part was just an assumption made by the community. If they put it in as a bonus for Immortals or something, or have it seperate for direct purchase, they’d still be completely within the fine print they set out.

Can’t call fraud just yet. Not even close.

9 Likes

Yeah unceremoniously dropping it outside of an event for 1000 credits seems pretty unlikely.

I don’t think it’ll have anything to do with Diablo Immortal though. Given the response THAT had when announced, I don’t think we’ll ever see that game in the west or it’ll be quietly dumped with no marketing or fanfare. Having people play it here would probably do more damage to the Blizzard and Diablo brands than it would be worth, especially if they’re making Diablo 4 which they almost certainly are.

1 Like

it’s the only Sombra skin that isn’t 100% Tacky.

Either way this was gonna end badly for the skin no matter what the outcome was.

Thats all i gotta say