The current problem with Mercy

Alright let’s see, I’m going to list what I think are the problems people are having with the current iteration of Mercy both from my experience and from what I’m reading in the Feedback thread

1. Low impact feeling. The fact that the only thing Mercy has that would ever get her a POTG is god level battle mercy should be proof of this, no other hero dosen’t have it in their kit to get a decent POTG whether it be Ana with some very reliable shut down and enough burst heal to reliably get lifesaver or Orisa who even alone her Supercharger increases her DPS to be more then sufficent to get big kills plus enviromental kills.
    An ability to get POTG in some variety is I think a clear indication of the Punch of a hero and if a hero dosen’t feel like they have that potential to get something POTG worthy there is a problem, especially in this game.

2. Rez is an awful experience. It’s Hide to rez where everyone was hating hide n rez in the old Mercy now it’s both mandatory and apparently okay. It is a jarring experience that pulls you away from the fun base kit we’re working with. It also ties into the first problem because due to how insane the built in counterplay is it’s outright impossible to pull off in the middle of a team fight to positive results, almost 2 seconds without the main healer and that’s assuming someone is babysitting you so you can actually succeed and get the rez off.

These two problems stem from 2 very distinct problems at the core of this current design

1. Valkyrie lasts too long
  2. Rez as a basic ability.

So here’s a fix
For problem 1.
We reduce the duration of Valkyrie to 8 seconds, and we buff it from there a few ways we could do that

1A. We just outright double her healing and damage boost in conjunction with the halved duration
1B. We triple the healing on the primary beam (bringing it up to 180 HPS) and leave the rest the same, similar numbers for damage boost
1C we merge the beams together and let Mercy battle Mercy with the other hand.

For problem 2
We remove rez as it is now, tie it somehow to Valk
Either A give her some kind of ability that can evolve into rez upon valkyries activation or B tie rez to the ultimate button while Valk is active

A few sollutions or possible E abilities
2A. A shield - some form of shield that reduces the incoming damage of an opponent between 50% to 75% for between 1.5 seconds to 3 seconds depending on the amount blocked

2B. A Flash Heal/Clenase
Some kind of big 150 to 200 instant burst heal and maybe tie in a harmful effect remover into this like the removal of stuns, hacks and slows.

2C. An AOE slow
A burst that slows all enemies by a certain amount for a short time

2D. Beam augmentation
Either increase the power of the beams or give them a secondary effect like a shield or speed boost or something new.

These are my problems and sollutions with current Mercy presented to you by me a loyal fan and someone who still plays this game despite how much it tilts me sometimes.

The current problem with Mercy:
She used to be fun and now she is spectator mode.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I still thing one instant Rez on Valkyrie is the best option.

But this thread will be locked anyway. So what’s the point?