The community in this game is killing it

I kinda got to that conclusion too. Its blizzard fault for such a miserable playerbase? I don’t think so… What else can they do anymore?

I just met a premade last night, they told us thru voice chat that they are going to bronze. They were 3700 initially. They said they have done it before MULTIPLE TIMES and its enjoyable. See, there are people ruining games… Not blizzard…
Thank god they were nice and won the match though ( because we talked with them and joked and they said we are nice and they ll help us win).
There are many many players that do this thing…

Then I got a dude that was already flaming hot, starting to talk trash right off the start… Picking bad heroes, doing nothing… What can blizz do about it?

Or they could just give players the choice of whether or not they want to listen to someone. This way, communication can still exist between functional human beings but you can ignore toxic players if you want to.

Oh wait…

I hope you reported them

Of course dude. But let me tell you something else. The opposite team won’t report. They say things like : “no thanks, I like toxic people”. And when I say that I’m not joking. Really. Some players are just douches… And its so sad.

I think the social features were a good start, but there were some oversights in the way they were implemented. They solved some issues, while introducing others.

Private Profiles in theory was an all right idea. However, why was there no option to automatically reveal profiles in the LFG system? People are left sorting through those that join and checking each profile for public or private, and then ask whomever to reveal their info. It’s tedious and creates issues.

The Endorsement system is flawed. Why does it reward the player for endorsing people? It shouldn’t. They’re no longer granting people endorsements for any legitimate reason, other than additional XP. What do these ratings really mean? Does a Level 3 really behave any different than a 4? Why are there no negative ratings? The endorsements are far too limited as well. They should in actuality be specific to the role someone played. We need a system that actually tells players who this person is as a player.

Jeff has often spoken about updating the career profile page to be something more than what it is currently. I think they should get to it.

All of the next events need to be new. Completely new.

I also think there needs to be more support in the way reports are handled. A human response to the human error.

The sheer laziness in determining a Disconnect from a Leaver is also asinine. Why have they not engendered a system to differentiate these occurrences? Furthermore, why does a person lose 50 SR instantly upon disconnecting, and not only loses 50 SR, but also receives nothing for a victory if they happen to return to the game and aid their team? Why is the 50 SR not removed only if the player times-out and never returns? Clearly, a Leaver will not return, and a disconnected player will.

It’s things like this.

1 Like

Amen to that. Its nice to have a heart to heart.

1 Like

Kind of true. From what I’m seeing, Blizzard is paying more attention to Esports like the Overwatch League.
Have you seen the state of the Summer Games this year? They reused the 2016 menu screen and put a lot more effort in a new menu screen for the new skins you can buy with OWL points.
Im starting to believe they want to focus more on the OWL than fixing what’s wrong with their game and the community.

I don’t think devs responding and talking has anything to do with the guy yelling racist slurs. Unless they play Mercy or sombra.

1 Like