The community in this game is killing it

I had all good games with LFG only one toxic lad who was quicky kicked out of the group and we went on to win 4 more games in that one group. Try it

Lol you actually sound like the toxic one.

How? do i sound toxic

I donā€™t think the DEVs can change the community.

And this is why , forget the game, but the world is going to the pooper. STICKS AND STONES the only real truth about words hurting.

1 Like

But leaving before it even starts doesnā€™t ruin anything for anyone. The game just cancels the match and nobody loses anything.

Leaving mid game, yeah thatā€™s a bad move.

I also donā€™t care for private profiles because I will be fine with say a widow if I can see that person plays a lot of widow. I will assume they are at least decent with her. But now I am worried because they could have no time on her and might not be able to get the shots she needs to help the team. Or say we got a main tank player and I take a main tank and they donā€™t speak up. Now they might be on a role or hero they not comfortable with. I just donā€™t care for them. But also why now a days I just play in a six stack. I trust them and their choices.

You misunderstand me. I donā€™t care what people IRL say to me either. I donā€™t get offended because it serves no purpose and just makes you look weak.

If that was the case, then people would just use the mute/block/avoid optionsā€¦as Iā€™ve stated numerous times. Itā€™s not other players jobs to defend other players from trolls/toxicity.

Oh wow, youā€™re one of those lol. Maybe you should report me for it.

1 Like

Might wanna look it up. A player who ticked off jeff had over 2000 reports on him before he was even remotely permantly banned.

Every other punishment he had gotten had been suspensions but he would come back do the same thing all over again.

Which goes to show that suspensions really donā€™t do anything.

1 Like

I had a silence lifted and immediately got silenced again in my first match after because I literally said ā€œstop focusing the damn tank and focus the fā€™n healersā€. That could be at most 11 reports. True story. Cursing is not toxic. There is a profanity filter. There are mute options, block options, avoid options. It should end with that. Someone bothers you, mute and move on. Itā€™s that simple.

Thereā€™s only 2 ways to fix toxicity:

1. Remove in game voice (And no itā€™s not required for comp or ANY other game ever made in history)

2. Remove the chat system, and restrict chat to /tells only with people on your friends list.

Problem solved.

Or you could just grow up and ignore trash talk that doesnā€™t matter. Why do you really care how someone talks in a game? If it bothers you, mute them and move onā€¦itā€™s really that simple. Two mouse clicks and problem is solved. Why do more people not see this?

nothing ?

time is wasting

Thatā€™s just downright logical to think but you know what that would mean this player base is logical and we all know that is not true at all. Lul.

Toxicity in video games is rather normal. Youā€™re not dealing with mature, or rational people all of the time. Thereā€™s many Neā€™er-do-wellā€™s on the game who have nothing better to do than ruin someoneā€™s day. They have yet to learn accountability, responsibility, or how to deal with people.

They also have the anonymity and protection the internet provides. Thatā€™s why if something offensive can be said, it will be. Most of these people would not insult women in person, and they most certainly wouldnā€™t be threatening other men in reality.

The report system may need refinement, sure. However, the ideal thing would be to not have to have a reporting system at all. The one constant in this equation is not the need for harsher punishment, itā€™s the flaw in human nature. People shouldnā€™t require a punishment on a game in order to not be sexist, racist, offensive, etc. They should already understand why these behaviors are wrong and know not to participate in those actions.

Perhaps everyone should go back to physically disciplining their kids.

1 Like

Once again. Not to this level.

Also nothing is being done to curb its growth. Whereas its normal to nurture a community and its attitude and behaviors.

So far everything is frozen or stone bound to no change whatsoever. No improvement no reviewing until its way too late and too damaging.

You cannot say that this practice is nornal when it is not. Might wanna study up on business practices because two years of the same thingsis really abnormal. Really really abnormal.

Reply glitch above post for you.

Oh, Overwatch is no doubt stagnant. Thereā€™s many things that Blizzard should be doing that they seem to be ignoring. They seem to be more focused on developing for the few (Professional Gamers), instead of dealing with the common weal of the player base: The people who actually made this game what it is.

All of 2017 was OWL. It offered very little for the masses, and many in-game systems suffered as a result. Overwatch today is very recycled and unexciting. There has been no new content to breathe life into the game, and worse; systems that should have been in the game much sooner have come much too late (LFG).

Why were we waiting for OWL to conclude before the QoL social updates were added? How many people on average really watched OWL for all of those months?

1 Like

Are you sure? Some of me teammates seem to be monkeys.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly.

My predictions for OWL as an esoprts came true. So did the social features having minimal impact.

1 Like