The Brig nerf should have stopped at not being able to bash through Shields

Hog still doesnt do enough damage to hookshot Doom with his shields. Also, its a very even game if McCree can flash Doomfist before he gets shields.

Also, remember how cerebral the DF mains say he is… Just don’t dive McCree. The backline is still at your mercy and you can yeetyeetretreat out with a punch

Hog can pretty much delete DF if he hooks him, and Mcree is getting a dmg buff to FTH so even if DF has shields Mcree will be able to burn them down

Yeah, I’m not a fan of sweeping changes all at once like this normally. This seems like it will fast track Brigitte into obscurity.

I’m fine with the first nerf. The second seems like overkill and will probably lead to her needing buffs down the line.

The inspire buff won’t really change much. The healing amount per tick remains the same and the longer duration +faster activation will make little difference purely due to how she is designed. She needs to hit people to heal, which constantly refreshes her healing anyway.

Anyway, glad I could get the link for you haha!

I know a masters 1 trick DF and he laughs at hog… he just doesnt go near him and poof, no worries.

Which mean he is getting denied.

Exactly. She swings twice a second I think? And inspire refreshes each time. a 5 second duration was already WAY too longer to make any difference at all. Reducing her swing speed will thus have no effect on her inspire healing output, but WILL reduce her sustained damage output in team fights.

Likewise, a buff to 6 seconds will do almost nothing because the actual number of times where you lapse into that 5 second to 6 second range will happen… what? 3-4 times a match at the end of team fights? Hurray, the buff has increased her total healing output by about 80 health over the duration of an entire match

kudos, design interns, really nailing the problem there.

reduce inspire duration down to 2-3 seconds, keep the total healing done at 100, and then increase the duration between primary fire swings from 0.5 seconds to something between 0.8 and 1.0 seconds.

Bam, Brigitte is fixed.

The first change is even bad, because it’s a terribly short sighted fix for a specific problem. They stated that it was her interaction with reinhardt that initiated this nerf… but she suffers MUCH more in regards to her interactions with Winston and Orisa.

The correct change is a buff to Reinhardt:

When Reinhardt’s shield is active, he is immune to CC coming from in front of him

Boom, all problems fixed without cripplingly poor design problems introduced into Brigitte’s kit. That’s like a single math condition added into Reinhardt’s controller.

I mean I actually do love that Blizzard is allowing interns the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the game, but you at least need experienced developers to review their work. (Because I absolutely refuse to believe a seasoned designer would propose such obviously poor changes).

1 Like

Her Bash damage is going down to 5 from her current 50, and to compensate Inspire will last a whole second longer and refresh a little more often.

2 Likes

It’s always Genji and Tracer’s fault, huh.

Yeah, someone linked the new posts. Thanks!

I talk more a few posts above yours, but this is a really laughable approach to Brigitte. She’s fun, but this will have a very negative impact on her viability. It honestly screams of inexperienced designers.

If what OP is doing is whining like a child then everyone who complained about Brigitte was acting like a child.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean at this point I personally just want people to be less toxic to Brigitte players. So I guess nerfing her is the best option but…

They should have at least waited for the Bash through barriers nerf to go live to see what that would do. Sweeping big nerfs on the same update never works out too well. We need small changes more often as opposed to big changes in a single patch.

Sure, I guess.

It’s almost like you’ll have to use skill to defeat/avoid Genji and Tracer.

Heavens to Betsy!

I find it kinda funny that people of all roles complained about brig, primarily main tanks, and yet all these salty brig players are scapegoating flankers. “oh no, they are nerfing my hero, lets complain and try to get other heroes I dont like nerfed too! Even if tracer is already doing poorly, nerf tracer too”!

1 Like

Well the size of the change (a 90% damage nerf) is one hallmark sign of amateur design.

A fundamental misunderstanding of her problems is another troubling sign. Her inspire buff will be entirely meaningless given how infrequently inspire actually expires during combat. I expect that buff to increase her average healing per match by under ~200 health. Completely meaningless and ineffective buff.

These changes are like… something a potential design hire would suggest in a practical interview… and then never be called back.

1 Like

People complaining while not scapegoating, were complaining to get a hero most didn’t like nerfed.

Seagull touched this in his recent video on the state of overwatch, but tracer and genji have a reason to complain about brig. 2 of the highest skill heroes can be easily shut down by a brain dead hero. Even if she isn’t actually hitting them, her mere existence zones them away from the fight and forces them to switch. I guess I’m a bit biased because I love to play genji, but ever since brig was released, I’ve found I have to counterpick a lot more.

Personally I’d lower her self heal to 10-12/sec and increase her healing on allies to 20 or so. Or maybe lower the heals from Repair Pack and make it available more often. Just something that makes the actual healing she does more reliable.

I agree though. I’d understand if we got the Shield Bash barrier changes, if she was still too strong then lower her bash damage bit by bit.

We wouldn’t have this problem if the PTR was actually used properly, more often and always testing different changes.

Making her self healing vs allied healing different values isn’t a good change, just arbitrarily. It’s really important for things to be consistent. Like Moira’s healing orb heals her and allies at the same rate. Same with Lucio aura or Ana nade.

Randomly making this NOT the case for Brigitte is dissonance in gameplay and generally discouraged.

Given that her self healing isn’t at all a problem, I really don’t think that’s the proper approach. Her being able to 1v1 people is, but that’s why you address the problem with a dramatic reduction in her sustained damage output. This allows enemies more time to disengage or get help from their team, solving the problem in a much more consistent / rational way.

But you’re on the right track, my dude. Totally agree about the PTR.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Lucio’s aura heals himself for less than it does allies. I seem to recall that being one of his nerfs way back when he had huge range. I could be wrong on that though xD

1 Like