The 'Black Girl' Hero & Apex Legends

I do love those two in Apex Legends, those voice actors gave them a lot of personality. Lifeline is adorable!

7 Likes

Obviously, if they only create one focusing on how she looks rather than how she plays, then I’d rather they didn’t.

But if the OW team has a cool hero design that happens to be one, I don’t see the issue. Obviously forcing them to change their designs to give people what they want is a no.

Unless it’s jetpack cat.

4 Likes

It makes sense. I am personally okay about diversity and representation. I don’t care about myself being represented, I will probably never be, but I am okay with the whole concept of representation in games.
However, the fact that I think that it is good when there is a representation and diversity - it does not mean that I think that it is bad when there is no representation and diversity.

It is something that is okay when it is there, but also okay when it is not there.
And because of that for me it looks strange and annoying when some people start to demand certain representation, like “add a black woman!” or “you must add a transgender hero or we riot!”.

Rainbow is cool and nice because it contains various diverse colors. But if everything will become painted in rainbow it will not be very diversive, right?
Limitation is also an aspect of diversity.

7 Likes

Pharah and Ana are not black. Stop saying this.

They are African, but they are very clearly not black.

25 Likes

Imani
she left overwatch cause she knows how much more a dragon makes sense in Paladins

3 Likes

… I mean, really? Really now. “They may be dark-skinned (fair/light-skinned in actuality). They may hail from Africa. They may have the last names of Amari, while Pharah’s real name is Fareeha (both Arabic in nature). But no, they’re not Black. Stop saying that.” Really my guy? Deadass? Well here, since you want to base something off of technicalities. They are indeed Black. In fact, all heroes are Black. Because all life began off of the coasts of Africa (scientifically speaking).

Sometimes, I really wonder about these forums sometimes. While amusing and entertaining as it may be, there exists a ton of highly-questionable posts. :man_shrugging:t5:

11 Likes

Life began in the ocean. What you smokin’ son?

9 Likes

The ocean of question in particular was that on the coast of Africa. Once again. Lol.

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not.

In case you are, no, they are not black. They can be from Africa ten times over and still not be black. They are middle-eastern. Egyptian.

Do yall not have eyes? Do Pharah and Ana seriously look black to you?

17 Likes

This is really a topic on the forums…

…sigh.

12 Likes

if life started from one place everyone would be more similar no?
i somehow doubt everything started on the coasts of africa :wink:

1 Like

Africa as we know it, didn’t even exist when life began.

3 Likes

Where is Egypt? Answer that question. Please. Answer that question. It’s a simple question, and therefore I’m expecting a simple answer. WHICH. CONTINENT. IS. EGYPT. ON?

6 Likes

Geologically speaking, Eurasia is one continent. But Africa is a separate continent.

4 Likes

Why is it even important to anyone.

Kotaku… Yikes…

10 Likes

soldier’s statement about being gay was literally just a passing statement in Bastet. its not like he screamed “I AM GAY!!!” he simply stated he missed his ex. Thats it. This whole thing about soldier’s gay reveal is tiring

13 Likes

Is Symmetra Asian?

It’s in Africa. Dude, not everyone in Africa is black. You don’t get to be black just because you’re born in Africa. Please tell me you’re not serious.

You gonna tell me the president of Egypt is black too?

16 Likes

Real people wouldn’t read kotaku. You’re probably work for them

3 Likes