The Biggest Problem For This Game is the One Least Likely To Get Fixed

That’s not at all true, this game has very complex synergies which lead to different playstyles. Genji, for instance, can be played with Rein/Zarya or dive tanks, and it drastically changes his playstyle.

With Rein/Zarya a Genji’s job is primarily to farm blade, and also try to capitalize on low health targets/flank.

With a dive comp, Genji fulfills a completely different role. He’s not flanking as much as dashing into the enemy with his tanks, and if he is flanking it should be to position for the dive. You’d never see a Genji with a Rein/Zarya dash into 6 people like he would with a Winston/Dva

Playstyles are VERY subjective, and heroes definitely do not only have one.

They could always tie endorsements to your ability to play comp. It would put more control in our hands to police the smurf abuse of the system. You see a smurf, you simply do not endorse. No one gets to play comp till endorsement level 3 so only model players that care to play the game without ruining it for others are playing comp. One notable thing about smurfs is they usually can’t get past level 2 anyways. Why not use that to our advantage?

I’m very tired of this kind of comeback because it’s almost like these players are flat-earthers. The generalizations about smurfs impacting matches are so clearly valid.

Let me put it this way, if you saw a team of all silver borders vs a team with 4 silver borders and two sub-100 accounts, and you had to bet on the winner for some reward you really want, which would you pick?

Now ask yourself if smurfing would adversely affect your betting odds.

Thank you.

Don’t lie to yourself. At this point of the game there’s barely any new players.

It’s rare for anyone to have only one account. And that goes for all ranks. Some people even have 5+ accounts. 10, or more.

These synergies are not complex. They are all quite simple and does not take even take an average intelligence person to notice them.

I think you are confusing playstyle with engagement choice.

Smurfs is just another excuse in a similar vein as “they’re hacking/cheating!”.
It’s just a quick way to redirect any blame from yourself onto someone else for being better.

I played CoD and Battlefield games for a lifetime. You have NO IDEA how many times I’ve been called a smurf back when I was below level 100 just because I can gasp land my crosshair on the big red enemies consistently. Surely any new player with just a few hours in the game must play like a 5 year old or else they’re smurfing.
That alone just proves to me people have no clue. It’s just impotent rage.

1 Like

Last response I’ll make because this is a negative iq take. Battlefield and COD are hardcore, integrated shooters. Every player is on level ground hitbox and mobility wise, and I could pick those up for the first time right now and know better than most what I’m doing.

Overwatch is a shooter, but also leans in many aspects towards a MOBA, with positioning and ability usage being incredibly key. I can tell you from personal experience I’ve tried to pick up League and was so lost because of how unfamiliar the abilities were.

Due to these important mechanics in Overwatch, it’s very easy to tell when someone is an “All aim, no brain” player. They’re getting almost no value out of their abilities and are dunking on you with pure mechanical skill.

I’ve played this game since launch, I obviously know that not every low level player is a smurf. But I’m also not naive enough to believe that the player with not just good aim but also perfect positioning, timing, and ability usage is just a natural. I’m sorry if you are.

If you have to preface your argument with insults you don’t have one worth listening too.

1 Like

What if two people play on the same computer? Then you would be sharing your account, which last time I checked
("Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. We don’t recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals. Activities performed on your account are your liability. ")
isn’t allowed.

1 Like

In one section, you blame Blizzard. In another, they’re the victim. Make up your mind.

Shroud never made it out of platinum I believe. Dr. Disrespect didn’t get out of silver. So clearly this is a case by case basis.

??? I have enormous respect for Blizzard and what they’ve done with the game, and this problem isn’t their doing. That doesn’t mean I won’t call them out for not fixing it because it lines up with their interests.

Mostly because they never really tried. They really dislike overwatch.

Unsubstantiated speculation.

Naw. You can easily find the vod’s for them stating as much. Shroud even tried the game after role queue and still hated it.

He has every incentive to say he doesn’t like the game versus admitting he was not good at it. Further, i your theory that game sense and aim should make doing well in overwatch a no brainer, I’d think he’d place higher than 80 points away from gold. After all, his aim and game sense is among the best in the world.

He also has so little game time that he never grinded to get to the top.

This game is simplistic in nature.

He had as much time as he wanted to allocate.

As for the game being simplistic, that’s one opinion.

I skipped the replies cus as baffling as it may sound, people on here actually try to justify smurfing lol.

1 Like

Smurfing is worse atm because the game has just been on sale, the devs couldnt care less because it just brings them more money, the balance chances are slow and awful consistently breaking one character and making another useless with the amount of hackers throwers and smurfs and the lack of care and control from the devs the game has become a complete joke as a whole never mind the ladder.

1 Like