The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

I never found Symmetra being able to lock on “unhealthy for the game”. The problem with Symmetra is her primary fire is harder to aim with and build up charge to her beam.

Also, Mass Resurrect wasn’t this unbelievably “unhealthy” ultimate for the game as a lot of people make it out to be.

3 Likes

I find Mercy to be very fun to play in her current state, ie before the 60HPs in Valk change is applied

Since all the change does is make her more powerful, I will continue to have fun playing her after the change is applied

I know many folks who find her very enjoyable to play in her current state

Being angry about a buff - and this was indeed a buff, since the state of a character is always their current state, not some arbitrarily selected state in the past - makes no sense to anyone I know who plays Mercy

Current Mercy’s ult is not fun and mass rez Mercy was absolutely atrocious. Oh, and Mercy is my 3rd most played hero. I would like ult rework as long as it doesn’t involve resurrection.

You state it as a fact, yet this is an opinion

Many folks - myself included - find Valkyrie to be quite fun, and do not want to see a rework

1 Like

Didn’t mean it as a stone cold fact involving everyone; it is a fact for me.

{shrug} the definition of an opinion is along the lines of something that is a fact to a given person but not for others, so…

as written, it is stated as a fact

I’m glad we could agree at least on that point :smile:

Can I ask what you find fun about the her live kit? I’m curious! :slight_smile:

everything.

healing
boosting
mobility
ultimate
pistol
skins
voicelines
emotes

everything

I don’t think you know what a joke is…

2 Likes

obviously you dont either if you had to respond my clearly sarcastic post

Entitled. I have said it.
+Acting like you have the moral high ground

2 Likes

It’s almost like you didn’t read what was in my actual reply. You literally said “I think that blizzard tried the wrong things before prematurely giving up on the most iconic ultimate in the game.” There is no “leap in logic” your statement is perfectly clear enough.

Not sure what you meant by this. I honestly don’t understand it’s relevance. If you can help me understand, please do.

I’m all for going at it for as long as you’d like. If this helps to build my debate skills… I’m all for it. shrugs

I’ve never held an “anti Mercy Main” position nor will I. I don’t care what hero you play. If you played Ana every game I wouldn’t feel any different about this thread. I just hate that the forums are relentlessly flood with “justice” for Mercy posts, especially when your goal is not “justice” at all.

Which just so happen to be irrecoverably wrong…

What are you talking about? I wasn’t trying to insult you. If anything I was pointing out truth and if it offended you it only leads me to reaffirm my assertions about you. Sound familiar?

This is literally my first reply back to your reply. Not sure how I’m crying or how things have “backfired” in my face. So as we both have now put it:

Not giving you want you deem to be “good” for Mercy is not disrespect. Attacking the devs on forums is.

Again… I have no clue what you’re talking about. Am I hitting Q on Rein? Maybe Roadhog? Zen? Ana? Pharah?

The last I checked, I never equated the word “constructive” with the words “shut up.” How’d you put it?

I’m still curious about this one.

im dissatisfied with these changes, its barely anything but its a tiny thing that wont change much.

5 Likes

This. Isnt. Your. Game.

This is blizzards game, they dont want mass rez, and they dont want mercy to be a must pick? they can do that. You can change heroes or change games. its getting annoying to everyone else but the dev team on the forums because were tired of all the threads, derailings from other threads just to get attention to mercy.

we know shes in a terrible position
weve known it for the past year
We gave up on roadhog after only halfway through 2017 when he got nerfed, and only one and a half years later, we got some sympathy from the ow team, and what did we get? we got spread randomization reduction.
Not spread reduction
Not more damage
But spread randomization reduction.
we wanted old hog bag, we wanted the oneshot ability with lower shooting rate back. but no, we got something that barely covers it, hell mercy is getting a far better buff in the same patch than roadhog, whose had diminishing pickrates ever since the nerfs on him.

We dont cry anymore on the forums, as the forums are pretty much empty from them, hell people complain even at the slightest buff of roadhog here. crying that he needs to be in the ground.

we understand your position, and we sympathize, we really do. but there is nothing we can do against it if we just complain. Just stick with mercy, like we did with roadhog, and changes will come sooner or later, but the constant forum spam, and the constant complaints and crying and screaming from a lot of people wont do anything good for mercy, you will just lose credibility in the eyes of the other members, and will be just seen as whiners.

And this… Since the developers do listen to your concerns, but you havent given them a good reason to change mercy. Even if you say her healing is too low, or that mass rez was better, its not better in their eyes. If you give changes that theyre likely to love, its more likely they will make those changes.

Also, you do not need all the threads, its just one character in a video game.

The entire addition of brigitte
Hook 1.0
the entirety of doomfist.
Hell hook 1.0 was hated so much, it had countless threads against it by people who dont even play roadhog, its different when its from people who play that certain hero. Like if i complain about the current whole hog or hook, it doesnt mean as much as an outsider saying its bad, or good.

the thing here is, your desirable results for mercy mains, is not desirable for any other mains in the game. you only want it back because it was better, a buff is a buff, you learn to play with it, or you dont, but complaining for a revert is likely to do more harm to the mercy community than good. The mass rez was complained about constantly, on the forums, on streams, in the pro scene, on youtube, everywhere. It wasnt fun to play against, and getting ressed sometimes was just bad, since a mercy could just hide and do nothing until the team dies.

Saying shes not fun to play now after her base kit is hardly changed, and only her ultimate is, is quite bad, since youre effectively saying you never loved the main kit she has, but only the overpowered ability of mass rez, its the same as me saying “oh i want hook 1.0 back, even though it was broken, and everyone else but my community hated it, i want it back because it was the only reason i liked this hero.”

But that is what most heroes are in the game. just viable, theyre not op, theyre not strong, nor weak, theyre viable, theyre not fun, nor boring, theyre just there. Such as symmetra, or lucio, or winston, or mccree. They can be useful and used well, if you know how to, but theyre not op to everyone else, and can be easily learnt and climbed with from a low rank to a high rank with not much experience.
Bastion is in a bad position, and always has been, blizzard doesnt care about him, at all, he hasnt been buffed for too long and the current metas just make him an outright throw pick. id rather have a bit of fun factor taken away from him, and have a better more rounded character, than this mess we have right now.

But what about the new mercy mains? Who like valk ,and want it to be a viable ult, and would hate a new rework, do you not think about them? Do you not care about the other mercy mains except for the people who hate valk? Do you only want mercy to be fun for you people?

Remember. They have more than 1 job at the overwatch offices. They create new heroes, new maps, new lore ,new skins, events, fix up old events, make up better graphics, make buffs, nerfs, and changes to more than mercy. They cant spend an entire month, or even more just listening to people who want 1 hero, out of the soon 29 heroes, just so a part of the community would be happy.

Jesus christ this took long to make, but thank you for reading it and have a nice day :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Also sorry for making such a long post for such a simple subject xD

How people lose what titanium is saying is hilarious. Valk mercy is not fun now and never was. WE know what 60 hps mercy was like, just before it was nerfed, she was still bad due to everything in her kit already being nerfed, and just nerfing her hps on top of it was just not needed. Now it’s a half revert that’s not going to change much of anything lol.

1 Like

But she’s the go-to healer for dive comps, and for a reason. That isn’t conservative tanking.

I think the worst part about this PTR “buff” is that, oh you’re going to make Valkyrie easier to charge and get faster and buff our HPS while in valk back up to 60 instead of 50?

That’s nice but I’d rather just have 60 HPS all the time and not have the ult charges 15% faster.

Valkyrie is just bleh as an ult. I get that it makes Mercy hard to kill and allows her to chain heal / power boost her entire team but it feels boring to use. I get wayyy more enjoyment out of using Coalescence.

Valk just feels bad and Blizzard is like “Yeah. Use it even more now! Lol”

Anyways, this is why I don’t play support much anymore. Sym / Moira are my poison of choice

2 Likes

My experience, and that of many other mercy players, differs from yours

In my opinion, you appear to be stating this as a fact, while I consider it to be your opinion.

I (and many others) find the current version of Mercy - which of course includes Valkyrie as the ultimate - to be fun, engaging, effective, and balanced

Fun is a subjective thing. Many people would be thrilled to go to a professional golf tournament, while I would be bored to tears.

As such, I do not believe your statement to be factual

2 Likes