The Anger Around the PTR Mercy Buffs Explained

The larger Mercy playerbase shares this position. A glance at her Quickplay pickrates before and after the rework will show you that.

Honestly I can’t fathom why Valkyrie is still in this game. Name one other ability that is universally hated among those that play that hero to how much Mercy main’s hate Valkyrie. Heck name one even half as hated.

3 Likes

Please name the two provided reasons for the rework.

If you can’t correctly name them, then it just shows that you are talking…

4 Likes

Strawman.

They said they didn’t plan on reverting Mercy.

They never said that they are totally against bringing back mass-Resurrect in any way.

“I disagree with it, therefore it must be spam.”

Sorry, but you’re wrong.

Go look at the “Top” section and sort by “All Time”.

8 Likes

Everything you said is true, but truth doesn’t reach people’s minds, best not to take what someone say’s too seriously if they aren’t willing to put in minimum effort to understand the points being made. Best to spend time talking to someone that is more likely to have a productive conversation with.

This is objectively false, shown by a certain recent survey…

Why then, was Mercy reworked in the first place?

…Was it not to please the whims of a population who was upset that their Q spam was countered by another hero’s Q?

If you never had fun with Mercy in the first place, you had nothing to lose through the rework.

I had fun with Mercy prior to the rework, and I lost that because of how the rework played out.

Mercy is supposed to have a low skill floor. This would violate that.

3 Likes

400 more replies to go. :scream:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

They really need to change how Valkryie works so Mercy requires more decision making. Right now Valkryie requires neither mechanics nor really much strategy. It leaves Mercy with very little to do, heck even surviving becomes infinitely easier, I would say one of the most fun parts of Mercy is figuring out how to stay alive and be effective. Vakryie removes this as well.

4 Likes

So was cowering in a corner waiting for people to die fun? Which in first form after the rework was still the go to strategy with instant ress you enjoy hiding than?

FUN IS SUBJECTIVE i enjoy ana more does that make me a bad person for saying not to like mercy in any way shape or form sorry i like stuff where i can showcase my improving aim not this she was ignored way longer than mercy ever was we don’t go megathread every day to get heard now do we?

And mass ress is an outright worse ult good teams will just find the mercy and collapse on her making her a worse pick than she is now. Only good on lower ranks and falls off hard on diamond or above.

Cowering in a corner doesn’t sound fun, its a good thing I never did that.

Fun being subjective doesn’t mean the majority of Mercy mains enjoy Valkryie, it means there are some that enjoy it.

2 Likes

Fact is mercy is the most played hero off all times so more people have an opinion on the matter does not mean everyone shares that opinion now does it? If every mercy player wants a revert i am not stopping them but good luck in staying in higher ranks on pre valk mercy cause she was an outright troll pick back than what i think most are forgetting you can’t have it both ways guys.

That is not how you play Mercy. Also, is one specific example of something that’s unfun. Cherry-picking often does devalue your argument so I’d refrain from doing it. :blush:

Hiding counters itself. I’ll let Titanium explain the rest. :blush:

Blizzard have made changes before regarding fun and unfun. With that in mind, subjectiveness is not a good enough argument. Also, a large number of players still find her unfun. That should be addressed and shouldn’t be ignored. :slight_smile:

I, as a GM Mercy main since season 3, will have to disagree here. :blush: If you’re good at Mercy, you get rewarded with a good ultimate. If you’re bad at Mercy, you’ll have a good ultimate but you’ll end up making it bad. :slight_smile:

Assuming that it were to come back, we can fix this problem by giving it buffs. :blush:

5 Likes

I would rather be a troll pick than be boring.

2 Likes

If the entire mercy fanbase wants a revert i am all for it but i think you are in for a rough period on the ladder. If everyone wants it i think it should happen i am not disputing that but making a hero into a niche/troll pick niche being bastion/pharah support on higher ranks i say knock yourself out but she was abysmal on everything above diamond.

I don’t think a revert is ideal, at all. I want mass Res to return in the form a rework (e.g: mass Res with tweaks, reworked kit and new e ability) :slight_smile:

I don’t think this rework suggestion would suffer such an issue :blush::

4 Likes

The “Hide and Rez” myth was exactly that: a myth. There’s a difference between taking cover behind something to avoid a Soldier or McCree ultimate. I’m sure some Mercy players did do that, but it wasn’t common. The more common thing for a Mercy to do was tempo rez, which helped gameplay flow quite frankly.

And no, it doesn’t make you a bad person to like a different character. It’s a video game, and therefore meant to be fun for you whatever way you find it. No one is saying your a bad person for not playing a specific hero.

Mercy is the worst support hero as her healing is incredibly low for what is supposed to be a pure, infinite healing support, her resurrect is also slow and ties her down to a spot for 1.75 seconds. Her ultimate is just a spectator tool for me and a lot of other Mercy players. She doesn’t have much utility in the current meta either since it’s more about burst healing than anything else: which Mercy does not have.

4 Likes

Curious though you say utility and you say tempo ressing but ress is an ability making her temporess just like her old did only with a bit more comms needed the shout to a tank hey keep an eye on me ressing “insert random hero” which i think is a good thing forcing people to communicate.

So what utility would you like her to have?

mercy mains will never be happy
/thread

There’s a lot of outrage about Valk but it seems like Blizzard is doubling down on it with this buff showing us they intend to see it through.
One reason of its hate is that it’s ineffective but after a few more buffs to make it actually work number wise, I think we’ll see less complaints.
We’ll always have the she’s not fun squad but after the numbers show she’s in a good spot, the devs will finally wash their hands of her permanently and the remaining unhappy Mercy mains will either leave, move on, or continue complaining on forums but be as relevant as a Symmetra main asking for lock on back.

It’s really only a matter of time. The devs are already marching towards Valk improvements.

Not with that kind of attitude.