The Ana ‘buff’ is a joke

Except nano blade still best ult and nano rein best pusher

And she’s really bad at dealing with mobility and shields block damage

2 Likes

No lol, she used to have 8 shots I believe and they buffed it to 10. Now they are buffing it to 14. Don’t underestimate the strength of an extra 300 HPS in ammo.

She is the only healer with no way to consistently self heal herself without sacrificing her only real utility. I’m not asking for a change in hero design but to bring her to par with other supports. Giving her a passive to climb up walls to access high ground is not going to demolish the meta as dive heroes can still chase her down. Even with a passive like that she still has many GLARING weaknesses that haven’t been addressed for almost a year.

5 Likes

And that’s why you have a second support on your team to heal you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nothing feels better than sleep darting a nano-blading Genji.

Also, nothing is more infuriating than having said Genji be woken by a teammate, only for him to turn around and kill you.

1 Like

I agree 100%.

This does nothing to solve the fundamental problems Ana faces.

She needs speed back on her ultimate just to start.

2 Likes

It’s the pro’s and con’s for powerful cc it sucks but hope he doesn’t go after you

1 Like

I miss it so much. Beyblade meta was so muchhh funnnnnnnn!!!

Why is she the only healer who has to do that? How do her strengths balance out this weakness in comparison to the other healers when they do most of what she does better? She is not viable in the sense that if you want to win games assuringly, the other supports are more reliable picks in almost every scenario.

3 Likes

Pretty sure she initially had 6 on PTR or something.

I literally scream in to the mic, “LEAVE HIM, LEAVE HIM” after I sleep Genji, and usually people listen. If I don’t say anything, there is a good chance they won’t recognize he was slept and will wake him.

So the moral of the story is to scream in to your mic when you sleep a nano-blading Genji. :rofl:

She actually had only 6 bullets while shooting slower. They upped the attack speed & then gave her 8 bullets which quickly became 10. Now they’re putting her to 14.

Having to reload so slowly when your teammates are dying is the problem here. Giving them 300 more HP before still having to reload doesn’t change anything. At most she’ll keep someone alive for 3.x seconds and then they’ll still die because 14 bullets is still only 14 and it eventually runs out.

Every other healer can provide heals infinitely, only Moira has to recharge her heals and even then, the orb can patch up most of her “reload” time.

Ana will still struggle like she always did

4 Likes

I think her buff is MUCH bigger than people think it is. More shots is great, but the biggest part is being able to shoot through teammates who are already at full health to heal others. That means she can now fire down hallways full of teammates and hide behind tanks while still healing the rest of her team. You can just hold down the trigger and heal for crazy amounts on ONLY the people who need it.

She doesn’t need more self-sustain. That’s the tradeoff with picking Ana. She can heal at great distances if you’re good enough to make shots with her and she has awesome utility abilities. If she could also heal herself consistently, she’d be a must-pick.

The 4 bullets are a buff, the shooting through allies is very situational and removes her prehealing mechanic. It should be able to be turned off under her settings. If you can land your hits with ana on an enemy the extra 4 bullets may save your life.

I hope they make it so piercing shots can be toggled, because like you and others have pointed out I don’t think sacrificing pre-heal for occasionally being body blocked is a good trade-off. The more I’ve thought about it it’s less a buff and more a neutral or even detrimental change.

Anyway, the bottom line that doesn’t get emphasized enough is that Ana is supposed to be a main healer. In her current state she’s not up to par with Moira and Mercy despite being harder to utilize. I don’t think anybody is asking that she be better than them. We’re saying she needs to be a justifiable pick over the other two based on the utility they do or don’t provide, and our own preferences. Put bluntly, Ana sucks compared to Moira and Mercy. The reasoning that Ana needs to have “weaknesses” and therefore her ability to survive shouldn’t be addressed is complete nonsense.

5 Likes

Honestly? She’d be fine, if she didn’t get power crept.

I agree - we are very grateful to receive buffs but these aren’t what the community was after at all.

I think it’s good heroes have weaknesses - Ana’s is being dived on - I get that.

However being a sniper and not being able to reach high ground (as was shown when she was standing on top of the massive entrance of point ‘b’ on Temple of Anubis in her introduction video!!) severely limits her play style and effectiveness.

With a wall climb, you wouldn’t even need the shoot through allies ‘buff’.

As others have said, the removal of self-healing is actually a bit of a nerf.

Wall climb, healing ‘cash back’ and ability to self-nano to get out of an emergency situation would be proper Ana buffs.

3 Likes

No offence but this a ridiculously uninformed post.

First of all, you’re a Mercy main. This is my smurf account. I have a collective 300 hours on Ana in competitive on my accounts. I know the struggles with playing Ana.

Allowing her to shoot through allies in my opinion is a nerf. I never had troubles with my teammates getting in the way of my heals unless we were very cramped together which were rare occasions. I liked being able to pre-heal my teammates so I could create a resistance against upcoming fire.

Also having a passive self-heal will not make her a must-pick just like it doesn’t make any of the other self-healing heroes a must pick. If anything she’s a non-pick because she has to trade her one utility (nade) to heal herself and survive. She is the only healer who has to do that and her strengths do not justify that weakeness over all the other healers.

They have left Ana to die for the last year and people like you only make developments on her harder. Stick to playing your Mercy please.

5 Likes

Anybody who dismisses somebody else for their “main” gets dismissed by me. Just as you have multiple accounts, you have no idea what I play or how often just because you can see some of my stats. I’m a flex player who has spent a lot of time healing in games for years. Playing Mercy doesn’t make me wrong.

Stick to making arguments based on substance rather than dismissing the poster, please.

5 Likes

What does being a Mercy main have to do with it? Ana is my third most played hero, and I’m in Top500 so I see how the best Ana’s perform. I bet I’m a better Ana than you and I only have 50 hours on her :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to act all high and mighty…yikes

2 Likes