The aimbots are stronger than ever

Possibly was cheating, but some players have very bad internet or for some reason like to play from another country so the games poor netcode over compensates interpolation rates, which results in them getting some janky moves. Usually when games are on their last leg population wise, youll see alot more of that, especially if something goes F2P. Mass influx of BR (Brazilian) users and nothing you can do about it but shrug. They are cool most of them, but the lag they carry sucks. Sorry trailing off, yeah I also encountered a roadhog 5 matches ago that was Hook Botting. Didnt matter where you were he was hooking you everywhere, over shot his hook like you mentioned and got a lot of us, hooking through walls and doing 180 hooks. It seemed he was using something to reset or speed up his cool down of hook. it was ridonculous.

one way you can tell is by looking at their cursor. aimbot users will glitch the game by switching to the windows mid game to turn it on and get stuck with a cursor on screen. also, headshot after headshot when their nto aiming at ur head is another sign

I seem to be running into WAY more cheaters and hackers now. But Blizzard can’t detect them adn they won’t review ANYTHING unless somebody is caught on video OR a hundred reports go their way. Report system is a joke and now the cheaters have littered this game.

1 Like

I often alt+tab or shift+enter to do things in Discord or whatever during a game or in between rounds. I never get the cursor stuck on my screen. I don’t think that’s a reliable way to tell.

IP ban is not a good idea, in many countries, if you restart your modem, you get a new IP address. Also mac address can be faked using a softwere. linking account with cellphone is still a better way.

IP bans are also bad if more than one person who plays lives at an address / uses the same IP.

1 Like

well you just see the absolute like most dumb aimbots. like flying around the screen and locking on then insta clicking to the next target. the report system must be pretty bad but its paladins i dont go there often and its only to actually poop on anyone not using an aimbot

It’s called muscle memory… Spotting people based on flickshots unless they do unreal series over an entire game is extremely hard if not impossible since fast flickshots will look very similar to hacks, especially if you’re korean with super high sense or come from CS for example in which you often prefer longer distance flicks with a higher zoom relative sense (44-50 usually) rather than shorter flicks (38).

I mean, I’m not even great (slightly above average I’d guess) but I’d expect even a gold player with some widow experience to do stuff like this Warmup is important! - YouTube

Now I have much more insane clips from actual comp games, I just took that video since it’s the latest widow one and I’m lazy but also because I assume it’s those type of flick series you consider to be suspicious, and again that’s nothing special. Basically every single POTG from a widow HS custom will look like that. Blatant cheaters in OW is about as rare as leprechauns, do cheaters exist? Yes, they do even though much rarer in OW compared to other games overall and very few is openly showing it, I mean if it would be common you’d see more cheaters in this game compared to many others considering how much more toxic and trollish the community is compared to let’s say CS in which it’s not uncommon to spot blatant cheaters that do it for the lulz of it. I see like a potential cheater POTG maybe one out of every 200-300 POTGs in comp, last time was a month or so ago with a Bastion that locked people in a way you instantly could tell was aimbotting after the 3rd lock-on.

TL;DR - Blizzards warden anti-cheat have always been very solid, there are cheaters in OW just like any other games however the vast majority you will never notice/suspect. Now since you have no way of cross-reference stats or look up replays you will never be able to investigate the matter further either so there’s no point in even starting to think about someone might be cheating since that will only tilt you like mad.

1 Like

You got a lot of facts really backwards. I come from primarily a Counter-Strike background, CS1.3-CS:GO. I am assuming you meant 4.4 - 5.0 because the sensitivity slider caps at 20.0, even in console you can adjust past 20.0 to any number you want, but it ultimately does not go past 20.0. Widow is completely different than a CT/T using a Scout or AWP/AWM. Her shots have a delay compared to the near instantaneous point and click that happens in CS. Your Widow was super slow in that clip you uploaded. I was actually getting annoyed o nthat last shot you made with how much time was taken.

As for “Blatant” cheaters, the ones you can actually see, ya those are rare because those are injectible hacks, usually banned right away; or untuned pixel bots (3rd party non-injectible script overlays, which wont be banned without enough reports or video proof) that are easy to see. If they were highly tuned and adjusted they look near human and you more than likely will miss them unless you can see them trigger and activate when they meet enemy hitboxs or red outlines.

Blizzards Warden Anti-Cheat is good, but only good at detecting injectible cheats. It fails everywhere else. You can do a lot, all you need to do is remember to record your matches and/or death cams, then upload and submit them. I get Thank you for reporting notices almost daily (at minimum 5 a week) because of this.

I use the Windows key to change music on youtube, hasn’t happened to me in forever

Yes, for starters I just want to mention that sense itself has nothing to do with it just that people tend to be more likely to acuse others to cheat if they do fast flicks especially when they go from rather normal to fast speed, the mouse cap of 20 in-game is based on your general computer sense which is determined by the settings in windows & mouse software and the only ones that would ever be near 20 would be people stuck in bronze (they love their speed) to begin with, it’s subjective what people like but most in terms of sense the most common numbers you often encounter is between 4 to 7 with 800 DPI.

Anyways relative zoom sense is a different slider for scoped heroes in which the default value is 30, the accurate value is around 38 (37.94 is the last most accurate number I’ve seen) for people who tend to do short flicks while around 50 makes longer flicks feel closer to 1:1. However the accurate value if applying CS “1:1” (aka 0.818… relative zoom in cs) logic is 45.44 I believe which is why many old cs players often end up using something around 44-45, many also opt for the higher around 50 since many feel more comfortable with higher sense in general in OW compared to what they would have in CS since there’s a greater variation in especially vertical aiming. In order not to make this into one of those reddit posts especially since the subject isn’t even all that relevant to begin with we could just say that relative zoom is the speed of your mouse relative to your normal sense while scoped in with Ana/Widow (and ashe but the FoV is different so the numbers are not the same if looking for a 1:1).

And no, never claimed my video to be anything good either, said I posted it because it was my last upload and I was lazy and I’ve been acused plenty of times for cheating when doing even less in comp, that video is accurate in terms of what you normally see in your average potg from a widow server after every game.

Now I do have clips of some really special and rather unreal super fast flicks, shots that unlike the video above would be hard for me to replicate on command like unreal widowmaker flickshot - YouTube

And since so much of your post is about CS I can throw in a bonus from that game as well from my last period which was casual DMG-LEM rank for a few months about a year ago with 2 irl friends on weekends while drinking a few beers, Another game saved by the divine deagle! - YouTube

And back when I was Global (or semi pro kind of level in 1.5/css for that matter) I did rounds like that much more consistently before I got old reflexes, poorer eye-sight and less time to hardcore grind. :confused: The glory days when we often had fun games to blow off steam between or after scrims like joining public servers to see who would get banned by an admin “for cheating” first…

Point being, the reason why spotting cheaters in some games such as Overwatch is hard is because the lack of insight other than very short sequences like the kill cam, POTG etc. It’s not like you can sit and spectate people, review a demo or similar and even with such tools it’s litterary impossible to tell the difference between a great player with momentum from a skilled cheater with premium hacks, I do have a like a 90% success rate with my overwatch reports (player review anti-cheat system in CS:GO that shares the same name with the blizzard title we) though.

1 Like

Back when I was playing the older versions 1.5, 1.6 and Source, My game sensitivity was actually set beyond 20.0 when I asked a few major known hacking clans, one being mYg0T, I will never forget them, they dominated the NY servers all the time, on why high sensitivity breaks them. I did this to protect myself at my skill level at that time. IT took me a little while to get used to 20.0 +, if you saw my hand and mouse it looked like it was never moving on the mouse pad, just a little twitch here and that from my hand and fingers, yet my friend would be freaking out as a full wrist movement would spin him around 7 or 8 times. I was very dominant with really good reflexes back then. Aimbots back then, you could not have an ingame sensitivity over 1.8 (including Windows Default mouse sense) on an average DPI of 800 or lower. If you did have it over 1.8 your aimbots showed up super hardcore shaking and doing 180’s or instantly moving to targets making the screen give you a seizure.

I was just referencing CS because you were. Your clip, everything in that looks legit and I expected the flick styles. CSGO is super random with flick shot reg that it looks like cheating, buts its legit. Its highly common. I miss the OLD CS days Mainly 1.4 & 1.5 on the WONid servers, but my prime is 1.6 and mid CSS. I did play some league levels, CAL-O, CAL-M (invited to be a sub but dropped out after a month), OGL, did register for ESEA but never played. In the public server list I Used to get banned by whiny admins that paid to be admin for being too good for pubs all the time, then I stopped caring because the server lists started getting smaller and hard to find populated dedicated servers as the life of the game went on and let my skill diminish. Hated CSGO. They broke that game before it left beta.

Their anti cheat for CSGO is decent, but not great, though it definitely can be hit or miss if you are on russian hour with the Player Watch system. Those guys abused it for a long time to get others who werent russian, banned. Not sure if it still happens, happily havent played that game in 2 or 3 years.

I 100% agree on that it is hard for most people to be able to spot cheaters solely off kill cam without another way to spectate that isnt 3rd person. I honestly would love to have the ability to record/save telemetry demos like you could in CS/CSS/CSGO. Those are great for reviewing a lot of different things including identifying cheaters. That would actually be a great ingame feature, have whole matches saved and allow specific features to highlight different things. 1 button turns on wireframe mode. Another to highlight hitboxes, another to draw projectile tracers. Overwatch could definitely use that for Competitive, League and Ladder features.

I think we got ourselves off track with the whole CS bit, but same time I believe we do agree on most if not everything.

Aimbotting is in every FPS game. Always has been, always will be.

OW is full of noobs to FPS games. They have no clue.

2 Likes

You can spoof your IP (VPN) MAC address (various tools available on the net) as well as the HWID of any component. Like do you even use your head to think before you type? Also, since it’s been about a year since the last major ban wave, they have grown bold. And if they get caught? They likely have 5 accounts they bought during one of the literally monthly sales of the game.

When you discount an FPS game, a new aimbotter is born. That’s the ancient adage. The best defense against cheaters, is simply a high price point.

1 Like

I just dont get it, why so many people is able to cluibm when there is so many aimbots? And why I practicaly never saw them? And if you say I would not noticed that, well their aimbot is quite bad because its acting like human movements.

1 Like

In GM it is at least 1/3 of all games.

wow, really? NA server? I only heard that much hacker problems in CN and KR servers.

Children don’t care one bit. Anyone that would google search for an aimbot for any other FPS will do it for Overwatch with no consequence.

At least in other games they try to ban you.

Agreed i would love more security systems like phone stuff etc. But mac, hardware and IP are still very hard punishmentes, that makes most if not all hackers (which most hackers are one or a couple time offenders, not serious hackers developing hacks and utilizing them) never return. Cause most people, who hack are not gonna bother with all that stuff to play again, which might not even succeed, which causes them to waste on a new copy, that will get them banned again.

But they are perfect for the crazy scandalous korean hacking cafes.