Fixed in new patchnotes Sombra Casttime nerf is alot bigger

cast time is fine, it was always this way with every ability. There is no bug in this :slight_smile: The Dev comment is just talking about whole durations always! Not on when the effect starts, which for me is activation time, for them activation time seems to be the time the ult is active… So there is clearly no bug, cause everything is working like before, every casttime is the same outside of sombra.

So can you explain what you expected to happen?

Wtf the new EMP animation is trash

They fixed that on the new PTR with the new hero.

Thank goodness

actually tested the whole duration now: It’s 0.62s
What did i change? i press ult and stop timer when primary is firing, im pressing primary fire too. and that’s always 0.62s.
landing on ground takes her another 0.2s if she lands on same height, checked that with IS ON GROUND

Simple if they said her activation time to go up because of this ^ its obv that they mean the Casttime not the recovery time.

Its a bug it was probably also a bug before but it still is one now.

There is absolutely no base to even claim it isn’t a bug…

I already tested her Recovery time quite a while ago:

Landing on the ground doesn’t really matter because you can use TL to make you invincible. Whats never a bad idea if you haven’t used it to go in.

I didn’t mean it that way :slight_smile: I wanted to test if i can lower the cooldown time, i can’t.

Activation time means the time it takes for the abilities active frames to kick in, aka “startup time”. The time it takes for you to regain control of your hero is called “recovery time”. There is no confusion here, either it’s a bug, or whoever wrote the patch notes is an idiot.

2 Likes

Which cooldown time? We don’t even have a cooldown time anywhere close.

We know that with the recovery time already so I don’t understand at-all

1 Like

they always wrote it that way :wink: So they seem to not agree on your defintion :smile:

EDIT: Screw that, they acutally never wrote Activation Time, not a single time since release of the game…

True cast time has finally been recognised end made official. Wonky animation not changed though.

2 Likes

Thanks alot for telling me.

1 Like

You can take credit for this. Hooray for spreading correct information!
I remember that some other dude got really salty at you for doing this, and Blizzard has laid it to rest now.

No my original post was wrong.
Solo from the visual I though they did make it 0.65s which was wrong what I learned as soon as we had workshop.
And as soon as we had that everybody could check that by simply using the workshop mode I made back when I first tested it.

Your original 0.2 was right though?

1 Like

I guess yea im happy that this is now confirmed bc now people outside the forums also have the correct information. I don’t think the .2s ever spread outside of the Forums

1 Like

So they have fixed the patch notes, YAY!

1 Like

Let’s throw a party im so fricking happy rn.

Probably more then I should be BUT STILL!

Now I have a serious suspicion that some developer is reading these forums…

:point_left: :wink: :point_right:

1 Like

So either way emp takes .15 seconds longer?

1 Like