That lucio nerf is just

Really? Because straight wallriding in gold gets you killed. You can’t stay long on one path and expect to survive.

Yep, it’s a huuge nerf.
Rollouts are so difficult due to the speed boost decrease, and the ‘easier’ wallriding is messing up so badly when going on any wall smaller than 1 meter. It tries to take you round the wall (which removes all momentum) if you don’t hop off quick enough or if you’re too close to the edge.

1 Like

Dude I can wall ride all across the chateau and jump on the same wall multiple times no issue it’s a Nerf to higher level players but it also makes his kit more accessible. But that doesn’t take away the Nerf aspect.

Just move on to the next hero. I thought that’s the pro’s usual message to nerfs. Just play another.

It was just a nerf for anyone who could already play him though.

1 Like

not true.
The skill focus is switched from stay on the wall to how to use wallride.

go and try it in PTR.

Yeah, this is feeling like a half buff-half nerf. Lucio’s feeling super slow, especially in healing mode, while wall riding, while the new being able to wall ride more places and around corners is nice, I believe our survivability will be decreased as a whole due to the lack of speed. The Boop change is a very welcome addition. If the acceleration and the stick gets fixed, this would be a very welcome change for Lucio. However he’s still got a lot of problems, and this patch merely compounds some of those.

On an only partially related note:
It also feels like since the engine change of how movement works, especially in the air, boop seems a lot weaker, due to much of the time they can cancel the momentum of it by moving forward when they get booped, unless they were already in the air, when they get booped. (Or are Rein. Rein’s weight seems REALLY weird when he gets booped, like a feather sometimes.)

This also doesn’t change all the problems with our ult either, since after the ult change, ours is extremely risky to use reactionary against other ults, sans Genjis. (Which we pretty much still hard counter). It really feels like Lucio gets worse and worse each patch due to various engine changes and ‘improvements’, not to mention being outshined by all the other healers.

That’s not good for people like me who have like 150 hours on lucio

My dude the amount of hours you have on a hero should mean you can adapt to these changes better than anybody else, no matter how badly you hate the changes.

Source: My almost 300 hours of Zenyatta and all of the times I’ve had to relearn tracking because of random projectile speed changes. We either deal with it or play something else.

I understand that but what they are doing is making it so Lucio can be played at the same level in gold as it is in masters which is honestly horrendous. They are taking a skill ceiling which was already pretty low and making it even lower that’s the real problem I have with it I feel like I’m being robbed of all the time I have on him by blizzard making it so much easier to play for other people to the point where my hours don’t feel important. So that’s what I’m saying

I feel you my dude. When Zenyatta received his gift of a buff after I’d already sunk a good 120 hours into him, I felt incredibly cheated. But then I became a god who already knew the best way to play. Speaking from a similar experience, take your knowledge (positioning, timing, best vantage points, etc) and put those skills to the use. New Lucio wallriders won’t have those same skills you’ve built up.