That lucio nerf is just

Why? Did anyone complain about him? blizzard? jeff? WHY IM SO SAD :frowning:

1 Like

He got buffed
Now he is easier to play

6 Likes

skill ceiling lowered though.

2 Likes

You forgot slowed down, from the extra patchnotes. The new system, combined with the slowdown have made several advanced techniques impossible and made Lucio significantly easier to kill. Which is why many view this as a nerf.

4 Likes

Most of the actual GM Lucio mains are saying this is a nerf. I’m inclined to believe them, since you know, they play him.

I did try him on the PTR and his wall ride is definitely easier to do. I am not really a lucio player and I could never do long wall rides etc but it was so easy to do in the PTR now. They definitely lowered the skill floor.

4 Likes

they buffed him more than they nerfed him… but ok

The speed nerf negates any positive gain out of the wall ride. The ‘stick’ on the wall ride is also a nerf of its own.

The only true buff, is on Boop.

maybe in gm level of play its a nerf… but even gm didnt have enough time to test it.
on paper at least - its more of a buff…

you can wall ride corners, and you can boost your ride on a wall and come back to it 0.1 time later… so if people can master this, its huge.

I agree that for me it’s definitely a “buff” but thats because I was never any good at wall riding. This makes it so much easier. But there are still some nerfs in there.

Lower skill floor, lower skill ceiling, they literally nerfed all mechanical aspect of lucio.

5 Likes

This could be done before, all we really have ‘gained’, is a loss to our speed.

1 Like

I thought GM/high level players all flex and are super good at multiple heroes whenever they want to.

Should be no problem.

How does that change the fact they think (correctly) that its a nerf to the hero?

1 Like

Never said it was a problem. Just saying what they said.

just look at the bold text.

So what? You are still moving slowly, in a straight line? Wall Riding saves nobody above Gold.

One thing I know about video games is good players will always standout.

it saves me… and im above gold.

Truly, you think stalling out the point with this new (slower) wall ride is going to be easier?