Thanks Again Bliz

You are saying that blizzard is doing something specific to only your account when it comes to connection issues. That is the most absurd thing I’ve ever seen posted on here and I am confident you are trolling at this point

Lol, that’s an excellent red herring and straw man comment there Kornmeal! Never said that but please, lie and misdirect!

I never claimed to have been deliberately targeted by Blizzard. I stated that a small portion of Overwatch players, which includes me, are being disconnected from Blizzard’s server. I stated that my friend had zero issue playing Overwatch on my computer, for a few hours, but for some reason I got disconnected from the server on my first game after him.

Using logic, one can conclude that there is some kind of bug in Blizzard’s Overwatch server code that is causing these disconnects, and that for some reason this issue only affects certain accounts. Like the Facebook bug back in May 2018 that only affected 14 million accounts which set their profile from private to public. How about when Samsung products, like the Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S9 software bug started sending out random pictures from their camera rolls for a small number of of owners due to a bug in their software back last summer? There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of bugs in software that only affected a small number of users. Yet by your argument, this didn’t happen, right?

No, the most absurd thing you’ve ever seen, is your own argument which completely misrepresents what I’ve said.

That’s exactly what you just described however. And a bug like this isn’t going to just disconnect. But sure thing, totally an account related issue and not your own connection. I’m not going to argue it, I believe it to be bait.

If you honestly want to post this in the proper place post it in bug reports

Man, you’re trying really hard to ignore reality and what I actually said! Well, that’s what lying trolls do.

And this has been posted, thousands of times already. People have posted WinMTR reports that show that the server disconnected them, and Blizzard just says it’s something on our end and locks their posts.

But keep lying and trolling Kornmeal, all you are capable of doing.

I don’t find the scenario realistic, and rather than continue to egg you on I say I’m done :thinking: yet I’m the troll/liar

LOL! Yes, you are a liar and a troll when you flat out lie and misrepresent what someone says to fit what you want them to say.

As for the ‘unrealistic scenario’, I guess you should tell that to the 14 million Facebook users who were affected by that privacy bug. Same with the Samsung users who had all their photos sent to random people on their contacts list.

Well later troll.

Lying would imply that I believed it to not be fact, which there is nothing I have posted that I didn’t full heartedly believe.

Didn’t you just say

Ironic, isn’t it. I stated that I don’t believe there would be a bug like this that randomly loses connection, rather than performing an action.

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn’t make them a troll. But you’d rather insult than try to actually accept other people aren’t going to believe you

The last part being the most ironic

Lol, so purposefully misrepresenting what I said is not lying because you didn’t believe me. Sorry, but one can lie about what someone says, and not believe what that person said.

Nope, your logic not mine.

No, what’s ironic is that Blizzard had another disconnect issue that they actually did address back in December 2016. It was the Disconnect Loop bug, all it did was randomly disconnect you from the server and continuously disconnect you until the 2 minute window to log back in ended. Just an FYI, it only affected a small portion of Overwatch players and when people first started to complain about it, trolls like you did the exact same thing you’re doing here, blame the victim, and Blizzard pretty much ignored it saying the same thing they tell those of us who are randomly disconnected that it’s our fault… until the gaming publications like Kotaku started writing articles about it.

No, what makes one a troll is when they do exactly like you do, lie, misinform, red herring and strawman arguments. You do the exact same thing to every other poster you hold a disagreement with on these forums. And I hardly care if you believe me or not. The problem with you, Kryogenek, AimbotDps and DaSquyd is that you all ignore everything that someone says than say the same crap like “Get better internet!” over and over, while belittling and making passive aggressive attacks against people you don’t agree with. So I’ve got little issue calling a person who is trolling exactly what they are.

LOL, not ironic at all. But you’ve proven to have an aversion to everything outside of your personal opinion.

I didn’t intentionally misinterpretate it as it’s incredibly similar to most of the time foil hate theories on here. Can you fault me for believing that was the direction this was taking?

This is the first time I have heard of this.

The amount of people who post on here saying how they are held back on here by their team mates, and when they post a video there problems are apparent, I am always warry of people looking to blame something else.

There are plenty of theories going on about blizzard forcing them to only win a certain amount of games with plenty of proof against it, and after 2000 posts I have come to expect it.

I don’t lie, I may not understand the information as the author intends, but I don’t lie.

Reread a comment ago.

You know how many posters I actually end up coming to an agreement on? Usually not imemdiately but plenty of people I have had altercations with have apologized, later had a change of heart, or are stuck in their ways and still post the same stuff.

Call me whatever you wish, it doesn’t really matter. Everyone calls people they disagree with names.

I’ve already pointed out that I did not believe it to be the case, and there are plenty enough bait posts on here.

I apologize, I didn’t realize there had been posts about what happened in 2016 as I wasn’t around back then. Most of my beef here has been due to a lot of the excuses people make on here

I am heading off. I’ll admit fully I was in the wrong here. The reason that I had stated what I did is due to being used to people making excuses based off of looking for external factors. Overwatch isn’t a perfect game, it does a lot of things wrong, but it also does a lot of things right.

Unless you are using a different definition of troll, my intent is not to cause anyone harm. I’m just sick of people trying to blame anything but themselves

Yes, I can fault you, as you did intentionally misinterpret what I said. And no, it’s not incredibly close, because nowhere did I state that I am specifically being targeted.

Google is your friend. I’d post links, but Blizzard won’t let me. Just look up “Blizzard Overwatch Disconnect Loop bug”.

I am not complaining about being held back. I am complaining about Blizzard’s server disconnecting me and causing me to lose SR.

Not relevant to the conversation.

So purposefully misrepresenting someone’s argument isn’t lying… I’ll keep that in mind.

You should probably do a Google search about red herring fallacy and strawman fallacy.

It doesn’t change the fact that you do this a lot though does it?

Though I’m calling you a troll because… you’re pretty trollish with the lies, misinformation and the passive aggressive attacks.

Blizzard has a long history of server issues. Dunno when you started playing, but you should look up the very very rare 2017 Overwatch bug that would cause players to drop several hundred SR (I think in one case I saw on Reddit they went from 2400 to 1400 in an afternoon and got a season ban) without leaving matches.

I don’t get disconnected every game, or every day. There are times when I go for almost a week without randomly being disconnected from the server, and yet at least once a week, it happens despite my internet working perfectly. When the disconnect happens on my end, I don’t come to the forums to complain. But I certainly will come to the forum and complain when it’s an issue on their end. This isn’t Fallout 76 for flying meatball!

The misinterpretation was not intentional, it was due to my expectations.

This was due to my expectations.

I disagree with people often yes. I am active on here, I care about the game deeply and I don’t want people to try and hurt it further due to their own choices or faults.

I’m going to ignore any further discussion on whether you think I’m a liar or troll, it will get neither of us anywhere. If it was my intent, why would I brother apologizing or arguing about it?

I’ve been around since season 3, but didn’t start frequenting the forums until the summer. I never personally experienced this.

I do find it interesting it’s only occurring to some people. Maybe see what is connected between the accounts it does happen to.

As a FYI, youtube buffers, so if you have a connection issue for 5 seconds or more, you will not see it in a video player.

If you get disconnected, the only real way to truly know if it was Blizzard is looking at your router logs and your modem logs.

I had some latency issues, my router showed a 2 second disconnect that the modem was having, where it acquired a new IP DHCP lease. I checked the modem and it shows a communication issue with my ISP. It basically is asking the ISP, “Can you hear me?” and then waits. If it doesn’t get a response, it increases its strength and tries again. It does this until the signal is strong enough. This happens for me for 12 hours after a modem reboot. You would absolutely think it’s Overwatch. If it was longer, I would probably get DC’d. I just simply stop playing after a modem reboot, and I’m waiting on a ISP tech to come out.

So, unless you’re checking logs, a network engineer, or have others playing outside your house with the same issue. You have to remove all good and all bad. The forum isn’t have the problem, the issue follows you.

I hope you get it fixed, good luck!