Thank you Aria Rose, #ReworkMercy #ReworkBastion. Mercy ideas for change

I think you’re ignoring that this happens to both sides, but chances are people who argue against it are going to get attacked more.

19 Likes

Well, compared to other supports(and herpes) her ult is the only one that doesn’t change or add anything to her kit.

3 Likes

Mercy does have impact.

Though I will agree she is lacking in fun and engaging activities which is a hard reason I don’t play her.

As for bastion…absolutely he needs a good lookin’ at.

5 Likes

Aria Rose is an incredibly helpful and amazing individual who also greatly supports fixing Bastion.

She has my support 100%.

I may agree or disagree with any point she brings up and discusses depending on the subject matter, but whatever that is she has proven to be worth listening to. whereas many people simply wish to be correct, she addresses subjects in a very open minded and calm fashion.

As a content creator, she’s set a very good example.

I just wish more people would follow it.
Maybe then we could all have civil conversations about game development and balance.

17 Likes

By all means, tweet suggestions or feedback about why there shouldn’t be a rework or should. We WANT to see that in addition to support for the rework.

As long as its respectful of course. And that applies both to feedback for and against the rework.

11 Likes

Having impact is one thing… being engaging and fun to play is another all together.

I used to like playing Mercy every now and then, but… you probably couldn’t pay me to play her (especially competitively) right now.

And that’s coming from a Bastion Main.

1 Like

as pocket for ashe and widow not as support

4 Likes

Exactly…it’s why I think she needs a lookin’ at too. Just not a hard rework.

4 Likes

Please, tweet this with the hashtag. This is exactly the type of things we want in the movement. Even better if you have suggestions on ways you believe that can be achieved.

3 Likes

Either a good lookin’ at, or… honestly by this point a legit full revert.

Like every hero she needs a “Hero Moment”

Zero part of her kit allows for, or feels like that anymore.

Why would you want to play a hero that doesn’t do anything large or fun?

Would you play Hanzo without any other abilities?
Just for his bow…

Or even D,Va if she couldn’t self destruct?

3 Likes

Thank you for the positivity❤️

4 Likes

But it is fun and are you impactful? Could playing Ana or Moira benefit your team more?

2 Likes

I honestly think a lot of people shift the blame on beig flagged rather than taking a serious look into their posts and why they may have been flagged in the first place.

I don’t agree with Aria on plenty of things. But I also know she was willing to listen to constructive criticism / feedback and asked questions / gave thoughts about what she could do differently in her videos.

I respect that a lot. I don’t honestly think she’s sending people to mass flag others or is intending to do that.

As for Mercy herself, I think she needs to be looked at. Objectively, she seems in a decent spot balance wise. However, there aren’t many ways to show skill expression in her kit which is deeply unsatisfying. I understand Blizz wants her to be easy, however there should be a little more depth to her right now so a good mercy can really differentiate themselves more meaningfully than other Mercys.

17 Likes

You see this^^ people??

That’s called being open minded, and considerate.

Give a clap and a half for Lazypeon.
:clap::clap:

14 Likes

I completely agree and am thankful for the positivity❤️

4 Likes

Hello there, fellow theorist.

3 Likes

For the record, in my opinion Mercy is still fun to play and fine as a character.

I used to play Medic in TF2, and honestly right now, Mercy still feels like a high-mobility medic. And that’s a good thing considering how impactful and fun the Medic is.

I think one of the problem is, a lot of people are expecting Ana/Moira levels of healing bursts from Mercy to completely keep the entire team alive. That’s not going to happen. Mercy gets the benefit of mobility, healing behind barriers, and damage boost. Besides, Overwatch currently and arguably has the problem of overpowered healing–that’s why beefy tank comps are generally preferred, to literally out-sustain the enemy.

That being said, I do agree that Mercy needs tweaks (NOT REWORKS) to feel more fluid. The healing should never have been nerfed from 60 to 50, and I feel like Rez, for all the impact it has right now, should be significantly faster, and possibly instantaneous during Valkyrie. The ironic thing is, Mass rez was removed for the hide and rez strategy, but everyone is still doing the same thing right now

12 Likes

I don’t have a twizzler account.

Though I have always pushed/hoped for this:

When using guardian angel, healing for that target increases by 20/s for…about a second to 1.5 seconds, then goes back down to 50. It keeps mercy active and jumping from hero to hero in order to maximize her healing output, and gives her just a little more burst potential. It encourages healing from person to person, and discourages the obnoxious pocket the bastion/widow to win.

A big problem I find with mercy’s “fun” is her lack of optimization. Think about Lucio. He’s very simple in concept and isn’t super high skill ceiling, but the little tricks you can do to optimize your effectiveness, like wall riding and strategically crossfading, make him far more fun and engaging than his base kit would suggest.

Mercy doesn’t need much in terms of numbers, just in how to get her more engaged.

2 Likes

She is so incredibly helpful and amazing she is one of the reasons i keep seeing Mercy threads every day on the forums, buff that, nerf that, rework that. I roll my eyes every time i see another Mercy rework thread with the same ideas copy pasted from another thread…

Leaving all this aside, I don’t hate her. I HATE the way the Devs handle this community and game

1 Like

A healthy way to look at things.
(Not even kidding)

We need not assign blame to those who shine a light on problems, but those who create them.

3 Likes