Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have a decent computer but for some reason, even with nothing running in the background Overwatch and dip into the 50s for FPS - literally stuttering my gameplay making it hard to hit precise shots. I do not know what to do. Below are my system specs, I have tried various in-game settings (such as Medium, High, Ultra, etc.)Specs:
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Intel Core i7 7820X @ 3.60GHz
- ROG STRIX X299-XE Gaming Motherboard
- 64.0GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram, 3333Mhz
- 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (x2/Not running in SLI because for some reason when I play Overwatch in SLI, certain textures (like Mercy’s hair, strobe.)) (Latest Nvidia Drivers)
- 1TB Samsung SSD 860 PRO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) - Overwatch Installed Here
- 6TB Western Digital WDC (Black) (SATA)
- 1TB Western Digital WDC (Black) (SATA)
- 8TB Western Digital WD (SATA)
- PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS06 - Blu-Ray Writer
- Active Power Scheme: High performance
- Average System Temperatures: 45c
- Gigabyte Internet (Approximately 956mb/s)
- Display Mode: Fullscreen (Acer Predator X35 @200hz w/G-Sync)
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Have a great day.
My DXDiag is too long to include in this post or a reply.
Hey there Paw,
Do you happen to use any Razer products or have Razer Synapse installed? If so, check out this post
If you are able to post your DXDIAG to pastebin.com and share the link with us instead that may work.
Provide the code from the pastebin link - the bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/ Qk28Ed1P
Will do very sorry about the late reply, I had a death in the family. Let me get that info please.
Dxdiag: W0BhjCYe (it will not allow me to post full links)
I do not have Razer software installed.
Thanks for the link Paw. Sorry to hear about the death in the family.
Lets try doing a full wipe of the Nvidia drivers/settings using Display Driver Uninstaller.
Use the Clean and restart option, and then after rebooting download the latest drivers again:
Test that out for a few games and see if things are better. If the FPS is still dropping I would recommend to try unplugging your second monitor, so you just have the AOC monitor hooked up and then test the game out.
Hey its no problem, they were sick for a long time, thank you for your sentiment.
I will do these things. Thank you for the response.
Replying back to your post so that you can get back to us if you need to (at certain trust levels you have to wait to reply to your own thread.) Please let us know if you continue to need help after trying the above. Otherwise, you can mark whatever post helped you with solution so others can find help in the future. ^^