Terrible performance in Overwatch

I consistently get 90-100 fps in Overwatch (and similar bad performance on other games) even though I have an RTX 2070 and I can’t figure out why. My friend with the same GPU and CPU as me (listed below) gets about 2 or 3 times the performance (fps) i get.

I get okay temps and I have all the latest drivers. I practice range I get 300 constant fps, and before games I get up to around 150 fps. But as soon as there is a team fight with 12 people my fps drops to 90-100.

All Overwatch settings are on low and render scale is on 100%, Vsync is off.

My specs:

• Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 OC 8GB

• Intel i7 6700 @ 3.6 ghz

• MSI LGA1151 Z170 A PRO

• Corsair CX550M, 550W PSU

• Kingston ValueRam DDR4 2133MHz 16GB (1 stick)

Troubleshooting i have done:

I have scanned and repaired Overwatch. I have installed the latest drivers. Checked temps, they seem to be fine. Turned power management to maximum in windows and Nvidia.

So, what any ideas what might be the problem?

Edit: I would like to add that when I upgraded my graphics card from a 1060 to a 2070 i had few games with 170+ fps but then it went back to the same as previously.

1 Like

Whats your Frame Rate Cap set to?

It is set to unlimited.

Hi, I’m a volunteer here on the forum. Just to set some expectations: Blizzard considers the range of fps you’re looking for as “enthusiast level gaming,” and not a technical support issue (e.g. crashing, connection issue). Because of that, you may not receive official support in this topic. However, I’m willing to look over a few things to see if we can spot the cause of this.

Can you add a DxDiag here?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

I added this as a reply to your post, here is the pastebin link:

https:// pastebin. com/h7hjVH64 (not clickable added spaces for obvious reason)

Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Inte tillgänglig
Problem signature:
P1: GameManagerService.exe

Device Name: Razer Huntsman
Attached: 1

You may be experiencing a combination issue of the Razer Game Scanner module siphoning system resources (you’ll need to disable it or reach out to Razer for instructions), and the Synapse software limiting fps, as mentioned in the sticky threads.

Thanks very much for your time. (im sorry the thing was in swedish I tried to change it but it didn’t work)

That’s okay, I’ve read a lot of these reports and all of the stuff is in the same place, so I already know what most of the errors say, regardless of language setting :nerd_face: Every once in a while I have to use Google Translate though :face_with_monocle: