Terrible Idea Nice Job

So Hero Pools is like Hero Bans but they remove the agency from the players. Nice Job!

9 Likes

Yes now I have to deal with more players playing heroes they can’t play. I mean I’m willing to try it but it doesn’t sound competitive.

2 Likes

If people played the game the way it was intended from the start this wouldn’t be a problem.

Hammer meet nail. This community reaps it’s own consequences.

4 Likes

It’s still a hero ban. They can call it whatever they want. Whether the banned heroes are chosen by Blizz or by players doesn’t make it any less a “ban.”

And this right after Jeff said there’d be no hero ban. Like… eight days ago.

He’s making a semantic argument that because it won’t be players choosing which heroes get banned, therefore it’s not really a “ban.”

Hogwash. It’s hero bans. If this is the way it’s going to be, fine. But they really should just call a spade a spade. Because to say “not hero bans” and then 8 days later announce your going to test out hero bans, is a lie no matter the excuse.

Imagine what it’d be like if they banned 4 tanks. Or 4 support. What would that match look like?

4 Likes

How is being forced onto broken characters not playing the game correctly? GM players are forced to play Orisa because the balance updates are too slow to fix it. Its not the players fault that some heroes are insane compered to others.

2 Likes

FeelsSubjectiveMan

Counter: The heroes aren’t broken, you just don’t care for them.

Diversify your hero base and the problem goes away. I had to do it, so should everyone else. That’s the way the game was designed.

LMAO Orisa Sigma has been meta since October do you really think that Top 500 players wouldn’t find a counter to it? These are the best players in the world it has nothing to do with “just counter her lul”

1 Like

Yeah player agency is sh!t for the devs they want us to suk their balls like we dont know what we like…

Not you sweaty balls jeff… not your sweaty balls

1 Like

Only at first until the one tricks have to learn a second hero

dps queue times are going to start approaching half an hour in gold if you take away even more tanks, i almost think activision blizzard wants to kill the game entirely at this point

3 Likes

I’m genuinely curious what will happen. Same % of heroes is going away in all roles (slightly higher for healers since there are only 7)

what are the odds there’s no dps character you enjoy playing being available vs the odds of there being no tank character you enjoy playing? Support will be hit just as hard if the “dps” supports aren’t available. It’s a pretty boneheaded move.

Yes but you forget all of this happened because players complained about OP abilities, granted change must occur in multiplayer games especially team based FPS. But frequent changes must be made because we already passed the no going back zone like last year, or even the year before.

yeah I can’t wait until we get a solid week of Pharamercy running absolutely rampant because none of the hitscans are in the hero pool that week

among other problems

2 Likes

It’s almost as if they WANT people to quit this game.

3 Likes

counter: some people are excited for this idea. Not everyone shares your disposition.

Also most people that threaten to quit do not, because addicted, etc…

I hate that it is for just a week… So u will be stuck and the one trick wont be punished

Don’t try to make it look like Jeff went back on his word. At the time everyone knew exactly what he meant when he wrote about hero bans. We all knew it was referring to a system where the players, through whatever system, choose to ban one or more heroes for that round or match.

Despite some people’s willingness to make out that hero pools are the exact same thing they clearly aren’t, at least for season 21.

• The ‘ban’ will last one week, not one match or round.
  • Chosen by the developers, not the players in one particular match (i.e. not the entire player base collectively deciding)
  • Would you consider map pools to be identical to map bans? No, if you were told map bans were coming you would expect to either have your lobby vote or have a list each player can choose from.

People just love hating on the Devs. I think they’re trying super hard and actually achieving pretty darn good results. Keep it up, I say!

Except he did.

He said we wouldn’t have hero bans. That’s exactly what Hero Pools is.

Hero Pools is not a “pretty darn good result” for the game. It will only be a detriment to match quality (as it will encourage throwing & smurfing) as well as being harmful to the overall health & longevity of the game (as people leave because they can’t play their favourite hero in comp for a week and then never return).

1 Like

its not going to work well. u still get cancer heroes. hero pool cant target them all. takes the banning strats out of the game (like making a game perfect for tracer/ terrible for tracer). doesnt reward smart players. it already feels stale and i havent even played. knowing what comp im going to have to go into before the game starts is just pointless imo.

hero pools doesnt fix anything other than changing the meta but they said hero balancing would be faster and change more so is there really a need for hero pools to begin with?? just makes no sense to me