Ten weeks of broken Sombra

I would disagree. I mean they did buff her oncd, and they are working on torb and sym right now. I think they will touch her soon.

I hope.

I love sombra.

I’ve been hoping that since december 2016 and they keep letting me down, it’s clear they just don’t care/don’t like sombra at this point, specially when the solution has been so blatant all this time.

Excellent post and a good summary of the problem.

I just don’t understand why they aren’t TRYING to fix her; she’s not going to improve by herself, even if the meta shifts massively in her favour.

It wouldn’t be difficult to experiment to figure out what could possibly work. Why not try out minor buffs one at a time just to nudger her in the right direction, Blizzard?

They already tried those small buffs a year ago and they did nothing until they finally touched the one thing that’s been her problem all along, her reliable damage.
Small tweaks and buffs to test and try to find a sweet spot are great but they’re nothing but small ineffective band aids unless you’re actively attacking the problem.
Until her reliable damage is up to par with what is expected she will forever be relegated at the bottom, simply put why waste 15 seconds setting up just to TRY to go in just to maybe annoy a couple players or worse, get instantly one shot/revealed by a hanzo or stunned/killed by brigitte.
Why go through all this when I can simply pick hanzo/junk/whatever must have hero at the moment, throw this planning out of the window and simply do so much more than what sombra can do that there’s no reason to pick her.
Until that damage issue is resolved in a way that her hacking and mobility aren’t overtuned but work in tandem with her damage without feeling too oppressive, until then she will be nothing but a hacking bot that relies on teammates to do anything and will only see niche play when abusing certain part of an aimless kit.

They removed the 0.1s leniency of it. It was this leniency that made her hack reliable and consistent, because it didn’t matter if the LoS was interrupted by a pole, the hack would continue as soon of the enemy was back in Sombra’s LoS.
However, this leniency had to be removed because it caused inconsistency with other heroes. Heroes with invulnerability abilities and shields got hacked even if Sombra’s LoS was broken. The developers did day that they would inprove Sombra’s LoS so it wouldn’t get interrupted by objects, an km certain they did, but it still can easily be interrupted by objects. It is currently very unreliable.

How can they fix this without bringing back the leniency?

Well what about a second LoS? One on the left of Sombra and one on the right of Sombra. As long if both LoS isn’t lost, then her hack will continue. If one of the two LoS’s is broken by a object or pole, will the hack continue as well.

Bugfixes in gereal are slow in this game.
Take Reinhardt as an example. His ultimate was promised to get fixed in April and it’s still not fixed.
Or what about Mei?
The developers said they would fix Mei’s Cryo-Freeze soon so she wouldn’t get hooked out of it. It’s still in the game.

Yes. She definitely need this.

3 Likes

Exactly - unlike Mercy, Dva or Tracer Sombra was never a huge pick. Her pick rate is trash now, but it was just as bad before the rework ever since her release. Objectively she simply has never been popular enough to receive attention from the community. Regrettably it makes no difference if she is fixed now or left in the dumpster for another year.

has it only been 10 weeks? feels like it’s been like 4 months

not really unanimously, i’ve had no trouble using her, in fact it’s gone great in the countless games i’ve used her, and i don’t even main her.

its only been 2.3 months, in fact. Not so far off. :upside_down_face:

:upside_down_face:

To be fair, we’ve had ~252 weeks (63 months) of broken Bastion. I don’t want to derail this post, there are quite a few other posts for him. And I’m not saying she shouldn’t be looked at, just throwing that out there…

I don’t play her, and thus I’m not really qualified to say what she needs, but she does seem somewhat kinda useless at the moment. The OWL seems to have some use for her, but I haven’t really seen her outside of that too much.

2 Likes

At least Bastion has his pirate ship niche, where Sombra’s niche is non-existent.

(Not disagreeing with Bastion needing work also, but at least he’s got something, however small it may be :wink:)

81 days so far, March 20th to present day

Pre-LOS hack WAS Hook 1.0…

Being able to hack through walls was ridiculous and while the Sombra may have benefitted, it was a frustrating trial in “will it won’t it” for everyone else who escaped her LOS. LOS needs to stay.

On top of that, Sombra is a stealth hero, the whole idea of damage threshold would imply she could be a frontline hero too which kinda busts that whole “sneaky little hearts” narrative.

Could she use some additional help or changes? Yeah, but where she’s at currently should stay in place. Change something else.

The ideal threshold would be really low, like maybe 10 damage. Just enough to hack through random D.Va, Reaper, or Roadhog spray.

A word from Blizzard would go a long way and takes 20s to post.

youre forgeting the “people just dont know how to use her yet.” comment they always said.

Make that eleven …

they almost never answer and usually when they do its in unrelated topics like what they do for mercy

They truly believe she’s fine even after with all the bugs because of this…