Tanks should NOT get hero pools!

Sure most of the metas have been SUSTAINED by the viability of tanks and Supports, but they were only created in the first place to mitigate the damage from the one shot heroes. Widow, Hanzo and dumbfist are to blame.

Teehee, the very fundamental problem of this game not having enough Tank/support start hindering the progress of this game.

Yet it was extremely difficult for pre 222 era dps to even fathom learning how to tank

One shot characters have dictated the meta. Every meta has been about being able to survive Widow/Hanzo/Doomfist.

Tanks should be the major players to get hero pools. As tanks and tank synergy has always defined team comps.

Tank having hero pool to lose a single tank is fine. I can’t ever see the dev makes Tank hero pool lose more heroes than other roles. Furthermore, this is all short-term worries. Long-term once OW2 is out, I think the concern would be moot as there will be a large hero pool for tanks, hopefully more shield/barrier tank options.

I think tanks are the main reason hero pools are happening. It wouldn’t make sense for it not to apply to them. Also, I’m looking forward to playing Winston on weeks where the other team can’t make an easy swap to Reaper to nullify my existence.

Tanks/Support dictate meta. Ban every meta dps, the meta won’t switch. Ban meta tank support, the meta will change.

No they don’t. Meta will change anytime anything that is meta gets banned, this isn’t exclusive to tank/support.

I am basing this one the recent meta. Either way, the meta dps changed multiple times during double shields because of balance changes but Orisa/sigma held that spot despite it.

Meta is, most of the time, dictated by support/tank heroes. More so, tank.

I agree but there’s a problem with the request… the resoning behind hero pool is a lazy solution to solve the double shields meta…

So while you are right, they will keep tanks in the hero pool in order to make sure the meta is dead

“I like your idea, but pls not my heroes.”
Sad.

It is like there is only 7 tanks, and 17 DPS. Once people figured out double barrier we went back to Hanzo/Doomfist/Widow + Mei.

No, they don’t. This is just false regurgitated information from Overwatch youtubers.

This… I enjoyed not seeing them 24/7 but I guess that’s done. Mad annoying to play against and even more annoying to watch. I’m over it.

I don’t watch overwatch youtubers. One, without biased opinions would see this.

Why is that relevant? The meta dps changed but the meta tanks didn’t even after getting nerfs. we were still in double shields, which is by the way not the only possible tank composition/meta, 'em being “7” doesn’t matter.

It’s silly because there are so few tanks, but I also think it would defeat its purpose if they didn’t get it as tanks are pretty meta deciding. I imagine they’ll only give it to one tank at a time, anymore than that would be absurd.

Uh huh.

Cause the amount of choice is relevant in any role, especially roles like tank/support who have the least choices.

The tank meta did change.

No we aren’t. There is a ton of Rein/Zarya/Hammond being played right now.

Yeah, it does.

None of the tanks or supports stop Widow/Hanzo/Doomfist without stacking a ton of things until Hanzo/Widow/Doomfist players figure out how to get around it. Triple DPS with Widow figured out how to beat goats. Widow Dive was a thing, literally replacing genji followed by double sniper meta. Double Barrier came along and top end players still used Widow/Hanzo then just added more Doomfist to the mix.

There is WAY MORE diversity in tanks right now than ever, unlike DPS ever gets cause of those three.

The Support role literally suffers from “Well we got to keep up with increase dama–nevermind blizzard hard nerfed us again, and one shot characters are still the most played DPS, and they all hard counter any support” problem.

It is like I said, hero pools are a potential fix, if say we had 17 tanks and 17 supports like there is 17 DPS characters to choose from. But as long as the DPS role has 3 on demand instant kill heroes, there is no reason to learn any of the others, and tanks/supports will always be forced to build around that.

1 Like

It did not change after the first nerfs that came their way. Sigma got weaker on his own but was still equally strong with Orisa. Second nerfs and compensation buffs came their way however the meta was still as prevalent but with more options, easier said it became Orisa/sigma and Rein in higher ranked gameplay.

As far as I recall, the reason widow became prevalent was because of burst healing and the only way to get through that was in fact oneshot abilities.

Also, the way I see it, it won’t change the fact that there is always certain heroes that are deemed unplayable because of meta. would be nice to not sit in the same meta heroes for 6 months. It would be good if we had the same amount of tank/support heroes like we did dps though.

It did… Now I know just not to bother reading anything you post anymore.

Have a good day. :slight_smile:

Shows your lack of knowledge on this matter.

Right back at ya, bud.