Tanks finally reached double digits!

while true to an extent, that doesn’t justify having that many fewer heroes

1 Like

Did they specify she wouldn’t be reworked into a Support? “Meaty Symmetra Changes” sounds like a rework to me, not necessarily a role swap, but not out of the question.

I think I heard a Youtuber like STY say it would be held back to the 3RD BETA at the latest, which is most likely the big Support Patch.

2 Likes

Let’s make Genji a support! >:-)

Now it’s your turn to do the healing

3 Likes

Thats because we dont have so many heroes. DPS have a luxury problem of having so many characters that you have 3 characters for the same situation and the best will always be picked. Support or tank? You rarely have multiple characters for the same situation or not even one for the situation you are in…

14 Likes

I had an idea for an Echo rework, so she could be your Speedy Support instead. I reworked her Ultimate into being more like Revenant’s Death Totem. She can spin and turn all nearby allies blue, given them an extra life, like what she has currently.

Yeah, Tanks need a reliable ranged character for dealing with snipers or PharMercy. I have a Sniper Concept.

“No rework” confirmed.

And if she were to swap roles, I doubt they’d avoid making it a full rework.

2 Likes

Thats really sad. Sym does not work in OW2 no matter what people say. The teleport and the turrets are relics of the past. They hold her back to much and she needs a Orisa-kind of rework to really be a good DPS (more of the beam way) or back to support (more of the utility builder route).

6 Likes

When they made Sym a support in the past EX-Card, they didn’t give her a full rework , yet they changed her enough to switch her to the support role.

In theory she doesn’t need a full rework to change up her playstyle drastically.

2 Likes

You dont know how many times I wanted a shotgun/AoE damage support or a sniper/solid hitscan tank. You really feel limited in those roles and in those situations.

That experimental was for fun and not to be taken seriously in the slightest. Bugs pertaining to her heal turrets prioritization were never addressed and they were in tandem with crazy changes across the board.

4 Likes

I think they mean she will get a small rework, just some upgrades, soon.

A full Rework hasn’t been denied yet (I don’t think at least), so we could still see a substantial rework in the future.

I think he just meant we wouldn’t get anything soon due to how much would need to be changed, like Orisa.

That changes nothing of what i said.
And changes like the ones they gave her in the past EX-Card can be tweaked and patched until they work properly.
They dont have to be the same changes that they gave her in that ex card, but it could be in that direction or similar. Without needing a full rework.

2 Likes

I might just have a concept like that, I’ll have a look and let you know.

For what? A shotgun support or a launcher type support? Would be interesting to hear. Or heavy gun tank/ sniper tank?

I definitely have a Sniper Tank concept, a Greek hero named Apollo. He can switch between Regular, Piercing and Explosive Ammo types. He also has an Orb of Harmony-like shield for allies and his Ultimate is Scatter Ammo.

I don’t have a Shotgun Support, but I have a Flying Support with very high burst damage for example, or two Supports who can summon NPCs as Bodyguards. Maximilian has a Revolver and Technomancer has a Scythe. Definitely hard-hitters.

1 Like

crazy thing is that in beta 2 they will share double digit queue times with dps

support takes their seat as king of instant queues

2 Likes

Eh. If we’re talking OW1:

-Lucio’s niche is rush comps and he isn’t great outside of it in OW1
-Brig is specifically anti-dive and is pretty useless outside of that
-Moira is… Moira, and not viable in a lot of ranks of the game.

For tanks
-Tanks are super bound by forced synnergies. Orisa basically needs Sigma or she’s not useful, Rein can’t play well with most dive tanks, Winston pretty much can only accompany D.va or Zarya, etc. There’s so many combos that are superior that the inferior ones are about as bad as playing “niche” heroes into other things.

OW2 seems to be less niche for tanks in general (though the fact that Hog is basically unplayable, in large part because Ana’s pickrate is insanely high, isn’t great), but Brig is still pretty dang niche too.

Do think it’s unfair to say those two roles don’t have niche picks. Some picks are DEFINITELY better generalists than others, even in tank/support roles.

Everything should just be a DPS. :+1:

It already is… sort of

They need to go even further. Everything should be balanced as a DPS and there should not be categorized roles for healer and tank. Then every hero should be roughly balanced to one another so that any combination of heroes is pretty much just as good as any other combination.

Mercy wouldn’t be a dedicated healer. She would be a DPS who can also heal, but not as much. Reinhardt wouldn’t be a tank. He would be a DPS who can protect, but not as much.

This is how other FPS games work. The whole RPG style roles in an FPS doesn’t seem to work as it feels like a failure to me.