Tanks cannot be fun with this much DPS going on

Pressure the enemy tank line instead of going on mad flanks and dying.

1 Like

How out of position do you have to be to get blown up that fast? Are you recklessly running into their backline? I just am confused what one does in order to get melted that fast (unless everyone else is dead).

Be Orisa playing into Junk and Pharah will do it tbh.

Some DPS need to be toned down, but then so does some healing.

From playing a lot of support, my tanks almost never die unless they went out of their way to be out of position lol

I mean you have fortify and how are they pushing into you that easily (also lul playing Pharah in 2020)? There are just so many reasons why if you are even in remotely decent position you should not be getting melted. Maybe if you get ulted in the face by a Pharah, but that is about it and even then I think you can out position that.

I personally think that they need to rebalance most of the game to make it finally enjoyable for tanks.

Nerf damage across the board (especially long range damage) [This makes shields less important]
->
Nerf Shields (most of them should be at 500 - 600 and maybe 800-1000 for Reinhardt) and buff other abilities of the tanks [Not dying instantly and buffing other Tank-abilities would make it more enjoyable to play Tank again]
->
Nerf Healing a little bit [This will prevent Tanks from becoming too sustaining]

There are most likely other balance-problems i dont see right now but this would be the main part

Barrier lasts a couple of seconds max, fortify is limited too, after that you just get melted by anything. Waste of a hero really, if you’re on defence your not over extending and there’s only so far to fall back.

Healers just can’t heal through that.

The reason why damage is so high is because healing is also high. As long as your supports have LOS and you juggles your shield properly, you shouldn’t die that quickly

And healing is high because that’s how they compensate the endless utility nerfs.

Would be nice if Orisa was returned to MainTank status.

When was utility nerfed? Speed is the same. Armor is stronger now. Nade remains unchanged. Sleep barely got nerfed. Discord got reverted. Damage boost didn’t change. Immortality got nerfed, yes, but it’s still decent. Come again?

I play these heroes and do not have this problem. The barriers only need to last long enough to get the results they need to and they pretty easily do. If you are in a position where you are getting melted you are out of position. Period. That is on you. Be in a better position, and make sure your team is as well, and you will not get melted as a tank. Now a DPS can get melted because they have less than half the HP and no armor, but a tank should not be if they are playing properly.

Turns out a good position can go bad very very quickly.

Only if it was not a good position. A good position is one in which you can rotate; if you are in a position where getting pushed gets you melted, then you are in a bad position. A good position is not a constant. It changes depending on what your comp is, what there comp is, where they are pushing, what ultimates are available for both sides. If you mess up, then a good position can swiftly become a bad one, BUT it requires you to mess up.

Hasn’t healing already been toned down a lot?

If this is the case. Why do I only average 5.47 deaths per 10 on a 400 hp tank :confused:

Duh. The game is fast paces and constantly changes

Tanking isn’t fun because it’s become Double Shield again. Double Shield is the most boring comp to play as a tank IMO.

It has. I mean if we want to dial down damage, we’d also need to dial healing down. Otherwise nothing dies.

That’s fair and I agree, however…

It seems that all DPS seem to be getting is buffs, and healers all seem to be getting nerfs. It needs to go both ways.

Personally I kind of like it. It’s probably just me, I dislike playing against it though…