Tank mains: What do you want?

he says on a 130 hr cree profile

emp removes all his armor

And? So what if McCree is my most played hero, I told you I’m a flex player. I have 500 hours on tanks.

What’s your point? There is zero reason Reinhardt should be able to survive getting EMP’d with Sombra & Reaper in his face with no help from his supports.

the point is you dont even need a reaper sombra can solo him with her 50% damage boost

just another of removing any amount of teamwork or cognition from dps

You’re assuming Reinhardts team is absolutely useless and does nothing to help him after getting solo ulted. Is this a team game or not? Are tanks supposed to be able to survive everything without any help?

Not only that, but Sombra doesn’t have enough damage to solo a Rein within the 1 second that he can’t put his shield up without numerous headshots, which 95% of the playerbase most definitely can not do.

Do you mean the ball? It was like a 1v6 there lol. Again this is confirming my hot take again :sob:.

No, I mean the bubble+winston+primalled Winston.

It’s just an anecdotal clip of how much damage has increased over time.

Significantly higher TTK.
Tanks to not get tossed around the map like nothing.
I’m having fond recalls to season 2 D.va (even though many thought she was overpowered…)

I’d rather have longer fights than none at all, essentially.

oh I see now. That was really strange because I think if you listen carefully the McCree pops high noon right before he puts the bubble down so that’s probably where most of the dmg came from. And then the tracer did like the last little bit of dmg.

Yeah, GOATS buff still there.

1 Like

well he has no off tank anymore so whose gonna help him 70 healing from ana will sure keep him alive

I already gave you examples. Rein got ulted and was being shot point blank by both DPS. To even the fight he needed help from his team, nano, beat, transcendence, immortality field, any of those would have saved him

Seriously, why do you think that fight should’ve gone any differently??

Even the announcers were saying during the match that tanks seem to be dying a lot faster than the CURRENT game. Which already has a pretty low TTK on tanks, if we’re being honest.

This demo was downright depressing to watch. As anti-hype as you can get for a tank main.

3 Likes

Here’s an official tweet with details on Sombra:

Now if Hack just cancelled on going abilities without the silence effect, you wouldn’t be hearing a blip from me. Would still have plenty of effects (debuff+scouting+health pack hacking). Silence could be contained to EMP.

However, they haven’t really done that much to buff tanks. Winston’s long range, charged shot doesn’t change how he will play; it just gives him some long range poke. Two Firestrike charges doesn’t fundamentally change how Rein plays; the more maneuverable Charge could be interesting, but he loses a ton of shield health. Two projected bubbles for Zarya doesn’t change too much for her. She can protect two people, but then she is vulnerable so it is a risky trade off. We have very little idea about what they are doing with Ball, Dva, Orisa, and Hog.

While your speculation does make sense, we have very little to say that is the path they are going.

yeah i forgot beat charges at the same rate as emp

sombra can 1v1 a rein and rein needs 3 people to back him up got it thats balance

Just want tanks to actually tank, not get deleted in 1-2 seconds by burst like current live. Also to bring back more damage denial.

2 Likes

It’s cause this game is turning into a DPS f-fest solely due to OWL and limiting the Tank role down to one slot. Will only drive the queues up further CAUSE NOBODY WILL WANT TO PLAY THEM ANYMORE.

I don’t know about anyone else, but solo tanking is absolute :poop: and if the ruleset used for the exhibition match is used for the entirity of the game. You might as just well merge the Tank and DPS roles cause there would be no players or point to a Tank role anymore.

We want to Tank, not be large CC soaks. Reduce CC not Tanks. But Blizzard never listens.

6 Likes