Tank balance is worst it's ever been

From gold to masters nearly every tank that isn’t rein or zarya have terrible winrates, while also having much lower pickrates. Even in gm, most tanks are struggling to keep decent winrates. Winston and d.va are the only tanks in gm competing with rein and zarya on winrates, but their pickrates are way lower.

53 Likes

That 85 per hammer swing damage is just excessive. He now does 106 damage with either Mercy boosting him or him chasing a Zen orb.

27 Likes

Double bubble is better than rush, na just doesn’t have enough coordination to play it consistently.

8 Likes

Without it though he was bad. The earthshatter nerf killed him. Nerfs to other tanks is a big part of the problem.

16 Likes

The challenge to have a variety of tanks viable with more or less equal strength seems to be a nigh insurmountable challenge. Has there ever been a time where there was not just 1 tank duo that rose above other tanks by a good margin.

3 Likes

I remember times when things weren’t this lopsided.

3 Likes

He’s only bad because tanks in general are bad because they have basically no options to switch to if theyre countered. There needs to be as much variety in playstyle for tanks and support as there is for dps.

7 Likes

Tank balance is worst it’s ever been is one of the most used phrases I’ve seen on these forums.

6 Likes

The crazy thing is that not even that long ago, Overwatch was in the best balanced state it ever was. Although not perfect, you were seeing nearly every hero get significant play time in all ranks. This was the patch directly before they gave Brig +30 health or whatever the number was. It’s amazing how this balance team can get so close to balance and then just throw it all out the window. You’d think after the failure of every single competitive game they’ve attempted, they’d look into getting a better crew on the balance team.

5 Likes

Who DIDNT see this coming when they nerfed all the other viable options to oblivion, while giving them tiny little buffs to compensate? It’s like taking away $50 but only giving back $10.

15 Likes

There are other ways to buff Rein than buff his dmg. His dmg was never the problem. ES nerf was fine, there’s still plenty of time to make good plays with the knock down time. One of the biggest problems with Rein’s new absurd dmg is it’s keeping most of the tank line in the gutter. Think about it, what tanks can actually take Rein in a 1v1 right now? Wrecking ball. That’s it. l understand the game rarely comes down to 1v1 situations like that, but I’m just comparing to demonstrate the amount of power he has.

Because WB has constant mobility he is able to stay out of Rein’s hammer range often. Other dive tanks like dva winston, have mobility on a cooldown, so after they dive all it takes is a few swings of Rein hammer and they’re dead.

1 Like

They took that away from brig in 2 weeks and nothing changed. In fact it barely effected her pickrate and db became more prevalent after she got nerfed and baps got his widescreen tv. Most of the heroes that got buffed in that patch shot up way higher in pickrate, like baps and mccree. They also both still have really high pickrates now. Double barrier was ran more without brug than with her.

5 Likes

Dva: 12 meter dm
25 dmg boosters

Orisa:

1000 hp shield
12 dmg per shot
20% movement penalty from 30%
Fortify to 20%

Rein
80 dmg per swing
3 sec Ult duration

Monkey might need something but we will need to see.

Sigma fine.

Give tanks diminishing returns.

1 Like

Rein doesn’t give me a problem on d.va. He’s easy to avoid. Zarya is more of the problem for d.va. Plus if rein’s swinging, he’s not shielding his team.

I like the range increase, but I don’t think 25 damage boosters fixes one of her main problems. If we increase her effective range in general, she requires less coordination since she doesn’t need to play as close to the enemy.

I suggest buffing the falloff on her primary to 13-23 meters (the same thing Tracer got), or tightening the spread instead of buffing the damage of Boosters.

I see what you were going for, but I think this would benefit Double Shield too much, as Fortify would still remove headshots.

Looks good

He just needs Echo, McCree, and Hanzo to be nerfed really.

3 Likes

Those changes for rein sound like a good compromise.

We can add headshot multiplier back if needed. I don’t see 20% fortify bringing back double shield as they increases her effective health only to 480.

Maybe 900 hp shield.

Eh, I don’t really think so. I really think that she is close to perfect, 12 meter dm and making it more consistent is all she needs imo, I think her dmg and range is fine.

I also said sigma is fine because I forgot his kit is stupid.

I think it would be needed, mostly because of the damage. Orisa with more damage would shred you, and if she can’t take headshots in Fortify, it would be a rough time.

Most Orisa mains just want a revert to before they nerfed her shield and buffed Fortify.

Let me tell you some things about D.Va:

The main reason D.Va is used in OWL but not in ladder is because of the level of coordination she needs. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, why does she need so much coordination? But I found the answer, it’s because of her effective range being so short.

When a Tank has to be close range, they usually have some sort of high-sustain ability. For example, Take a Breather just makes Hog stay alive longer. Rein’s barrier has high health, so he can use it for self protection, then use it for his allies if needed. For D.Va, using it for yourself is basically punishing yourself since you will need it so shortly after, but the resource meter would be running low.

Basically, D.Va has to coordinate when she wants to do anything, as peel requires coordination by default and in modern Overwatch, there’s so much damage going around that she is vulnerable even to supposed “dive targets”. If she doesn’t coordinate, she most likely gets demeched. Letting her play from a longer range makes it so she doesn’t need to coordinate exactly when to go after a target, since she doesn’t have to be in their face.

Tl;dr, she needs coordination since she’s a Tank with no dedicated self sustain ability, and she needs to play extremely close range. Increasing her range can fix that problem.

Now onto other things, lol…

Yeah, Sigma’s fine. He’s never actually been bad.

1 Like

People have to understand that Rein is currently balanced for OW2. They talked about making him brawly and more self sufficient and this is what his last buffs did. I expect more tweaks to other tanks as we go.

2 Likes

I don’t understand people saying Rein will be OP in OW2, don’t they know that every other Tank is getting changed too?

4 Likes