Tank >1 Minute Damage >10 Minute Support >9 Minute

I picked a fair amount of DPS during the peak of goats and still had decent winrates with them.

You choosing to not pick DPS is on you.

Late stage Goats had Mei and Sombra as substitutes for Dva.

4 Likes

The way you phrased this makes me think that you have absolutely no idea of how unfair it would be for a premade to play against randoms. In which universe is that fair mate?
Also those “random” solo queuers can be great team mates too, but at that moment they may not have their friends ready or connected.
What you are proposing is take 2 organized 3 stacks and put them TOGETHER to destroy what … 6 solo queuers? so their queues are as fast as the solos? Yeah thats not selfish and unfair at all :rofl:

I did, thats exactly why I said that and no, you dont need it.
Because in a 6 stack you KNOW who you are playing with, you KNOW which player is going to be specialized in doing what and you CAN SEE their ranking because they are probably your friends so effectively, empirically and realistically you DONT need RQ to organize a team for you of the appropriate SR.

Because you are LITERALLY doing that yourself :man_facepalming:

What you are describing about RQ, its not a RQ thing, its a meta thing or a “forced 222” thing, which has nothing to do with RQ.

Role Queue =/= Forced 222

2 Likes

I’m getting the opposite. For me, tank and damage have long queues, while support has short queues.

The Best Support Otter

~𝕯𝖚𝖘𝖙

They don’t, but at the same time people are acting like the old system wasn’t faster being people just jumped the line. Insta-locking DPS and holding the win hostage until someone else swapped to needed roles.

So now that the line is fair, the suggestion of “Hey play tank every now and then to help the community have better/faster games” you get this blank stare from those in the DPS line. As if that’s an unheard of concept, even when it’s how the game worked before, for years.

but the main reason queue times are long is game balance issues that force a 50/50 that you will have to play Orisa. Along with the other game balance issue. Then add in tanks being thrown too high or too low match making wise.
We sort of have a tank strike going on right now.

2 Likes

It’s entirely fair for groups to face solo queuers. That’s the universe we live in. Those with great mechanical skill or great shotcalling will still rise playing solo. The only advantage friends have is a willingness to communicate with each other. That doesn’t make them good at it. That takes practice. It’s a skill, just like any other in Overwatch, but it’s being stifled by the system so Blizzard can protect the ego of solo queuers at all costs.

Forced 2-2-2 isn’t enough. Rank specific SR is important, and without it forced 2-2-2 is easily exploited, especially in the 6 stack queue, where you can easily swap a low ranked DPS with a high one. It also means I can play all three roles while being ranked accurately and not needing three accounts.

Not really mate, in fact that “universe” only exists in your head.
Sorry to bust your bubble but there is literally a game developer proving you wrong:

“The matchmaker was designed to try and create games with equivalent-sized groups, especially for solo players, and these statistics show that it’s doing a pretty decent job. We believe that games with equivalent groups create the fairest possible experience, and fair games create the best chance of players having a fun experience.”

Again, it is what it is.

You cant “exploit” the system mate, not beyond the thresholds they allow you.
Thats why in GM you cant 3 stack, theres a specific SR gap per rank you are allowed to have, etc.

Again, this that I am saying are facts, about how the MMR works. Read the link and you will know more.

1 Like

I do that, then realize in general tanking sucks in this game and quit after a few games usually. :roll_eyes:

it sounds like clicking the tank button didnt resolve the actual problem…

2 Likes

Nope, I think Blizzard’s hope was that eventually it would start to even out but the simple fact is people would rather wait 10x the time than play Tank still in this game. Either that, or just play something else where they don’t have to wait. :man_shrugging:t4:

exactly, which is why they added the bribes - they knew they’d need to entice people to play roles they were less than enthusiastic about…which then in turn also doesnt solve the real problem, but rather masks it, much like all the while you wait stuff does

1 Like

Any tank other than Orisa and Sigma dies in 0.5 seconds in this meta. They can get nothing done. DPS and power creep is out of control.

Tank players are sick of playing the same 2 characters over and over so they’re quitting.

1 Like

There is no fix. It is what it is. Blizz prefers quality games to quantity. If you’re DPS and not willing to play other roles then the cold harsh reality is that Overwatch, in its current form, is not meant for you. I do sincerely feel bad for people in this situation, honest, but look at the writing on the wall. Don’t be that poor guy who tries staying with an ex-gf to long while the entire world knows she doesn’t want you. If I was a DPS only player I would probably move on to something else and keep my eye on the game news for changes.

1 Like

If only that was actually the case though.

Instead, we have people queuing roles they aren’t good at / don’t intend to play the best at just to get a game in a reasonable time and match quality is in the gutter.

That’s obviously opinionated (I feel it to be true from my experience), but saying that 2-2-2 has objectively improved match quality is just wrong.

In competitive, even at Plat/Gold level I got reasonable team comps 90% of the time and didn’t have to wait 10+ minutes if I didn’t want to tank. I could also flex to certain heroes depending on the map/team comp situation and get a win instead of feeling hopeless locked into one role when things aren’t going well.

“Quality games” is highly debatable.

1 Like

You’re right, quality is a subjective thing. But sadly it doesn’t change the reality of the situation for DPS players.

But what about the people who don’t like tanking even after trying it?

1 Like

Being a flex pays off here.
I get to queue for whichever I feel like playing and still able to perform that role. :blush:

2 Likes

Happens when the couple of characters that they wisely made to counter an entire role are meta right now

I probably won’t be tanking again for a little while

¯\(ツ)

1 Like

Shame you don’t give any details.

What region? What time of day? Also it’s holidays and a lot of people are still doing things with family and traveling.

Currently 2/6/3 (QP) 2/10/4 (comp) for me.

This ^

I was super surprised by it, but the QP classic has very low wait times and is actually way more fun than the other modes I think.

1 Like

How hard is it to just nerf mei and make reaper more punishable

Honestly