Talon Did Nothing Wrong: A Explicative On How Talon Saves the World from Overwatch's Stupidity

In the Baptiste origins story we saw no context on how or why they were in that location -hard to conclude anything from it beyond that Baptiste turned on them.

I agree with the OP that Overwatch is a dumb, gullible, over-idealistic and short-sighted organization that probably does more harm than good to the world in the long run. All these beautiful ideas of ā€œpeace and unionā€ Overwatch preaches come with violence, just like communism has beautiful goals but comes with violence and oppression. You canā€™t create absolute peace except by imposing peace to everyone.

Iā€™m not saying Talon are the good guys, but all the characters in Talon seem like people who have more than three neurons in their head. Overwatch has a childish and naive view about the world, I donā€™t think they ponder about the consequences of what they are doing at all.

3 Likes

You omitted C) the scientists did not accurately replicate the results and D) the scientists were not smart enough to understand how to replicate the results.

Those scientists sound like idiots condescending from a place of ignorance and deserved to lose Moira for it considering her obvious accomplishments.

The younger son of the Shimada clan, killed by his older brother and heir to the leadership is hardly ā€œSome random Japanese kidā€.

Rezzing him and giving him a choice to be rebuilt in exchange for destroying the then leaderless (As Hanzo abdicated after ā€œkillingā€ Genji) clan which dealt illicit arms, and was responsible for killing him in the first place is not even questionable, it was an act of good.

Genjiā€™s original training was in Blackwatch, and he literally left them as they were morphing into Talon. He was openly critical of the methods of Moira and McCree, and formed a bond with Tracer, both of whom teamed up to fight Doomfist when he arrived.

He wasnt held against his will, and left to learn from Zenyatta, making himself fully available for the recall order, even going so far as trying to recruit his older brother.

No, the shallow attempt to use Genji to support Talon for Edgy McEdgelord points doesnt fly.

1 Like

Yes because when im dying, i too wanna be forced to be a cyborg.
Hes said multiple times that he felt alone and that when he was in blackwatch he didnt like it but didnt leave. Why? Not sure, probably because he either wasnt able to until after they shut down, or because he didnt have a place to go.

Also you cant claim he had a bond with tracer because they fought together. It was the team that were on, not necessarily friends.

Also nice job trying to invalidate my opinion by saying its edgy. Just because i dont think talons necessarily evil doesnt mean im screaming MCR and playing jump the tracks. I just like the story and dont think they are as bad as people make them out, i also dont think overwatch is as good as people make them out.

The entire process of publishing results includes publishing materials and methods so that anyone can reproduce your work.

If it is not reproducable, then it is safely assumed to be either invalid, or the materials and methods insufficiently published, and has nothing to do with the ā€œskillā€ of the principal investigator. In Moiraā€™s case, it is strongly hinted that her methods were unethical, and the unethical parts were omitted from the publication.

She is on par with Lysenko and Mengele.

3 Likes

You arent Genji Shimada. If the world desperately needs a blowhard edge lord forum poster and you are laying, dying at your keyboard because your brother tries to kill you, maybe the option will come up

Once again insulting me because i like talons story and would prefer to see it fleshed out but oh no im edge lord mcgee playing tic tac toe on my wrists and crying the colour dark blue.

You really are narrowminded to a sterotype. News flash dude, im a Queensland surfer who goes to the gym 3 times a week. Real edgy aye.

I donā€™t think you understand that this is the overwatch universe. Conflict does drive forward human evolution. Maybe not direct biological evolution (but that is why they have Moira working in that department) but definitely in technological evolution.

Most of the heros in the game have cybernetic enhancements or augmentation and a few have geneticly engineered abilities or other attributes that come from technology. That is the evolution Akande is trying to drive. Even he himself has a limb that isnā€™t his own.

In that day and age, war will only push forward innovation and human ingenuity. Without conflict, people would focus on leisure and comfort, dedicating their time to creating tech that will serve as entertainment or aid in making their lives more cushy. That will lead to more peace around the omnics which are LITERAL ROBOTS, THEY ARE BETTER THAN HUMANS, THEY DO NOT FUNCTION THE SAME.

If I was in the overwatch universe and had some talent and skill to capitalize upon, I would join Talon. As Moira says, sacrifices must be made when hurtling towards human advancement. And we all know how she feels about those who stand in the way of progress.

There are many things in the ow universe and irl that hold us back. It is rather despicable that human life, fear, morals, ethics, laws, and whatever else hold us back when we could be so much farther in the future. Talon knows that governments, corporations, and overwatch do nothing but restrict humans and set up ways in which there will be mass loss of life and huge set backs and delays in progress.

So in this situation, the terrorist organization is doing what will benefit the most amount of people in the quickest amount of time. This isnt isis, literal spawn of americaā€™s poor decisions and humans stupidity in the form of religion. Yes, Moira, Maximilian, Sanjay, Gabe, Akande, and Sombra are all very shady characters but when it comes to the topic on who would know how things work, it is they would most likely offer the most insight and knowledge into the situation. (I get that the ow narrative is much more complex but i boiled it down for this)

He wasnā€™t forced though, They literally asked him if he wanted to live or die, fully aware what the cost of living would be, but Genji clearly did not want to die so he accepted.

Where does it say he was asked? Considering hes missing most of his lower jaw, kinda hard to say anything.

Both his bio, and this interaction between McCree and Genji during Retribution.

• McCree: Whatā€™s it like Genji? You knowā€¦ as a cyborg.
  • Genji: Pain and agony. And what am I? Man or machine?
  • McCree: Then why did you agree to it?
  • Genji: I wanted to be able to walk again.

Alright you got me, but that doesnt explain the need for shurikens and dash mechanics. Theres plenty of people that just have legs. He didnt need battle armor.

I think it was just his weapon preference, since all we have to go off for young Genji is his skins and his bio saying he loved his Ninja training, thereā€™s not a really good answer for that stuff.

I dont imagine he wanted to join blackwatch after almost being murdered, he especially doesnt seem friendly. Maybe that was the cost of getting legs hmm. Legs dont grow on trees. At least, not in overwatch they dont

yeah, I wonder if he was assigned to Blackwatch or if Morrison was like ā€œhey look, so over here in the group of the happy people who donā€™t murder, and over there is our secret murder group who does our pg-13 stuff, join whicheverā€

He chose blackwatch cause he didnt like the idea that the regular team all had to wear little buttons with their names and smiley faces on them.

1 Like

I would need proof such hints exist. Though Iā€™d add neither Lysenko nor Mengele were dealing with literal powers that could lead to immortality. Considering that literally billions of peopleā€™s lives could be saved and improved by Moiraā€™s research, it is understandable that she might be more lenient with the ethics given the inarguable importance of her breakthroughs.

Thereā€™s arguments to be made for consequentialism.
This is not one of them.

Who is this propaganda even for?

That Maximilien avatar is wasted on you.