Talantis – the community-made map is now live to play!

It doesn’t run better than any other map.

if going to have Tron map just have a Tron map. This has nothing to do with Atlantis.

It does for me I get a solid 110-120 FPS on my MacBook heh…

:nerd_face:

You know your map design team needs a reshuffle when the meme map “designed” by “community members” is better and more fulfilling than half the maps in the game

edit: I should clarify. Not better as in “competitively balanced.” Better as in “fun.”

1 Like

It wasn’t actually it was designed by Aaron Keller on the stream with some community input here and there but overall it was his work…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :+1:

1 Like

I love the fact that Blizzard is trying things like this out. Personally, I do not like the map. It’s just not my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I think this is a fun idea in theory, the devs interacting with the community and building some ‘fun’ maps that everyone can play. It’s a fun little side thing that could add some good vibes to the player base.

The problem, to me, is that this was basically billed as a big ‘feature’ of Season 4. Almost like it was this exciting event mode or something. Now I’ve seen some people say this is the stand out of season 4 to them, which makes me wonder if that’s thanks to how fun the map is or how lacking these seasons are for actual content. Plus, this map is only available for a limited time and will never be ‘completed’. It wont be an official map used anywhere.

If they made this like a monthly thing, not tied to seasons, I think it could become a fun little side thing that gets the community involved to some extent. They should make this a regular thing, not make it timed limited or tied to seasons, and all of the these quick community maps should remain as a playlist in the arcade mode. On top of that, based on community feedback, Blizzard should actively pick a map out of the playlist to ‘finish’ and bring into the official map rotation.

1 Like

I like the fish. The fish are pretty great on this map.

1 Like

It’s dumb to be too critical of this map because of how it came about, but the lower level is pointless and the upper level is basically a bigger Oasis University. Still, it is worth a few games especially if you are farming Arcade wins and it is a good opportunity to practice heroes you don’t really play. Especially if that hero is Widow or Ashe or something else long range.

2 Likes

Wish some more cover was added so hotscan didnt dominate(Like they dk on every other single mode and map in this game)

1 Like

Genuinely such a fun map to play on. Especially with high mobility heroes like Winston or Lucio. I absolutely love it!

Cool! Good on you and your team to create new maps!

Very inspiring!

1 Like

Too bad you turned off the regular arcade rotation. Stuck with Low Gravity mode instead of Total Mayhem (the only game mode worth playing) for two whole weeks? So uncool.

1 Like