Talantis – the community-made map is now live to play!

Talantis – the community-made map is now live to play!

Pitfalls, jump pads, and giant fish are among the crazy ideas our community came up with in this limited-time control map.

View Full Article

8 Likes

It’s a pretty map. This could have been a cool map for the Greek Mythology event.

2 Likes

I think this proves that community maps are better than dev maps. Its so much fun to play on. Its so nice having the point be so large. So much more room to move around. Its a very liberating map to play on. My only complaint is how long it takes to get from spawn to point. Instead of jump pads, there should be 3 water portals that instantly port you up top.

All that being said… I now realize that I want a map builder in Overwatch.

I could spend hours making maps in Overwatch. I dont even care if anyone played on them. I just think it would be fun to make maps.

Map maker Blizz? Please?

Also, it would be cool if Blizz featured different player maps every month/season.

5 Likes

That’s all I need to give this cursed game another 7 years of my life.

9 Likes

Would want to see what could happen if they give 3d rectangles and 3d ramps as a workshop object.

With some really basic texture options on the shape.

I.e. Minecraft blocks, and diagonally cut Minecraft blocks. Then with some stretching.

1 Like

i really like this map, it’s a super fun arcade map :3

1 Like

This map is pretty funny cause there’s like 20 suicides a game with the death pits on the point.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out! We have so many finely-tuned maps in OW, that it’ll be nice to try something so unapologetically experimental.

2 Likes

Ironically this map is perfect for 6v6

Blizzard?

I’ve said some nasty things about you in the past. But this?

Finish it. I beg you - Make this map a canonical underwater Talon base. Overwatch is set in the future. The cars fly, there’s a whole new race of sentient machines, and there’s a genetically modified, hyper intelligent, 13 year old hamster engineer and an underwater base is going too far?

Make this map, Blizzard.

7 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with the idea of including a map editor, but I’ve also literally heard the exact opposite feedback on this map since yesterday, so I don’t think everyone shares your opinion on how great of a map this is. I strongly suspect it’s going to depend heavily on which heroes you play.

8 Likes

This is the worst community maps out of all the game genres of community maps ever ceast to exist period. This map would be better if it was just only tanks.

2 Likes

It makes so so sad there’s so much map and the point is in one place.
I really feel the Halo-arena-esq inspiration (snipers love it), but in halo, the hill moved on bigger maps like this. And even between rounds, when they could have moved it, it’s in the same place. So the map is already just team snipers (which isn’t horrible, but c’mon)

With a little bit of elbow grease, this could go from a easy on the eyes 5/10 to a solid 9 by just having the point move after 45 or so seconds.

I actually want you to read this part Blizzard
Imagine what that could do to the 2 cp maps? Add more and smaller points. No attack and defend team, it’s about team-time (why’d you get rid of objective time on everything but a tank?)

1 Like

Love that Blizzard is doing stuff like this. Its a cool design. I just wish they would do a 2.0 version with more assets and textures.

1 Like

With a little work, this could make a great DM or TDM map. Jump pad heavy ones were always a blast back in the old arena shooter days…

It only being available in Arcade kinda ruins it for me.
I don’t wanna play open queue with 4 DPS and even worse Matchmatching than QP. :frowning:

1 Like

Good to see community related things but next time add some basic textures and not just this bare bone stuff. It looks like Paladins test map. I thought OW was about quality and it has been a while since the map was made too so there is no excuse for it to look like that.

I tried to play 5 matches to get some sense for it and 4 of them were total stomps with mass leavers. Fix your matchmaking.
https://i.imgur.com/hTJNTlL.jpg

2 Likes

Loving this map, having lots of fun…

Great job blizzard!

:heart:

I love it. I really seriously hope it returns in a more finished state at some point in the future.

I also would love to see more community content in general, this map is probably my highlight of S4 so far.

No I like it this way it keeps the frame rate high…

It also gives a modern clinical “Tron” feel to the map…

:smirk_cat: :+1: